“Best place to stay in Blackpool”

Charnley Gold Hotel
Ranked #80 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just back from our second vacation in Blackpool at the Charnley Hotel. Clean, comfortable, great breakfast and close to all attractions. The best part of our stay as always were the hosts Martin and Annabella. Can't say enough about this place-just go stay there!

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Les T

Reviewed 7 August 2014

When we stayed there we were treated like family any thing we needed we got room was very tidy made plans to go back in Easter. The food was the best great British food. Loved my stay. The hotel was right near the arcade and shopping Centre was great so we didn't have to drive anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jordyboypriss
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with my partner and 1year old daughter had an amazing stay, staff couldn't have been any nicer they go out their way to help, my daughter doesn't normally sit in a buggy but she was tired and they let us borrow a buggy :), food was great, rooms are a great size and very clean, close to everything.

Will defiantly be back in October would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 08-12-1988
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here from Wednesday to Saturday with my wife,son and a few friends.The place is spotless,the food is great but the best thing about this place is the owners.Annabel and Martin are the perfect hosts who would go out of their way to do anything for you.I have stayed in over 20 hotels in Blackpool over the years and have never gone back to the same one twice.Will I come back here again?You bet I will.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 14 which has a double bed and 2 singles.Just been decorated and has new carpets.Beds...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ally H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went up on Wednesday, left on Saturday, felt I had been there all weekend. Absolutely incredible. Cannot rate how highly I rated Annabel and Steve. Fantastic landlady/landlord, was willing to stay up a little later and put music on for us when we came back from the darts if we wanted a few drinks, and was always willing to put us 1st. Very chilled, and very laid back atmosphere made me feel like I was at my own place, staying in my own bedroom.
My only personal nag was the shower. Felt it was too small a space to shower in and a little difficult trying to not knock the tap! But I wouldn't let it put me off the place, one little niggle is not enough to ruin a great place.
Breakfast was top draw, although I only had it once (Was suffering from the alcohol), the day I did have it was great.
Next time I come to Blackpool, here is where I would choose to stay. Home from home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a great 3 nights here. Stayed with my wife and 12 year old son along with another 6 friends. The owners, Martin and Annabel were brilliant, really friendly and also gave a lot of time to my son which made him feel very welcome.They would go out of their way to do anything they could for you and even went and put up a dartboard for us which was very much appreciated. The breakfast was really good with plenty of options and sets you up for the day ahead. Would highly recommend this hotel and really looking forward to our return next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Derrick H
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Awesome stay last saturday (19th July)
Me and 5 friends came to Blackpool to watch the darts
We got a warm welcome and were quickly allocated our rooms.
Before heading out we had a drink in the bar which is well stocked and well priced
We bought a round of jägerbombs and the owner came over with free sambucas which was a nice touch

Rooms are very clean.and spacious.
Beds are really.comfy
Breakfast was very nice aswell

Highly recommend this hotel.already looking forward to next years visit

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends