“Fantastic ”
Review of The Peerless Hotel

The Peerless Hotel
Ranked #607 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner and 2 little boys are just home from this hotel which we have been before, the owners are very helpful and very friendly to, room was a fantastic size and the breakfast are fab to, will definitely be back :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Peerless Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice hotel, very good all round. 1/ good location - couple of mins from seafront and town centre, 2/ very welcoming and friendly staff - helpful with local tips e.g cheap parking 3/ traditional nice breakfast, not greasy 4/ fast wifi 5/ comfy room, nicely decorated 6/ excellent value for money

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel was clean very friendly and helpful staff when we got to blackpool early we just parked anywhere when we went to hotel to check in staff asked which car park we parked in and where told to go to a more suitable car park that was cheaper and locked at night . Staff where great with kids even when the kids where over excited. All 6 cant wait to come back in October see u all then. Thankyou all staff for making our stay enjoyable:)

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

stayed here in march is year..were do I start...stain on bed sheets,,toilet leaking at the back.. rust around shower.frame....breakfast okish,,,not a place I would want to return to.in the owners defence,,they said it was in the middle of being inproved.sould not take paying prople in till the work is done..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tdunnicliffe
Mark T, Owner at The Peerless Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback, as you already said in our defense we are in the middle of a total refurbishment of the hotel and all our rooms which is why all our room rates are discounted until the end of the month to compensate for this, all our work is carried out during the week so it does not cause any inconvenience our guests at weekends. You say we should close whilst we refurbish, it is not possible to close in this day and age which is why our work has to be carried out during the winter season so we are ready for the main summer season, It is a shame that when you were here you were laughing and joking with us during breakfast on both mornings talking about the shows you went to that nothing was said at the time, if it had these problems had of been brought to our attention these problems could have been rectified straight away.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our family stayed here at the end of season in november last year...there was 12 of us (inc grand children),We had excellent accommodation and the facilities were brilliant.they gave the kids a wiii to play so they were over the moon.Breakfast was more than plenty and cooked really nice,we played games with the owners it was that friendly we went back again last weekend to see a show.What can i say they have been overly busy decorating and it was great ...would recommend anyone to go and stay.

Room Tip: family rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Firstly...who in gods name is leaving good reviews for this hotel?? Their houses must be on the same par if not worse than this hut. We stayed here as it was a busy weekend in Blackpool with a big event on so wasn't availability elsewhere. The only good thing I can think about was location, it was quite close to all the main bars.
On arrival we pulled up outside to ask where was the best place to park, after waiting at least 5 minutes for the person to answer the door (there is no door handle it's broken off) we were told to park in the train station car park, which when we turned up there is was staff only with a massive fine for parking there!! Nice advice from the hotel hey! So we arrive at the hotel, a little jack Russell who can hardly walk comes sniffing round and sits on my feet. The place stinks like a nursing home! The rooms, ermm well I'd advice you to take some dettol for the surfaces. I sat on the bed an basically sank right down to the floor. I slept in my clothes as I couldn't bare to even sleep in pjs in the beds. I couldn't walk round with no shoes on. You don't get any towels in the bathroom, you have to go and ask for them. The tv didn't work, the curtains were like a net curtain. There were stains on the head board??
I had read the reviews on here and seen everyone saying breakfast was good, so I was really looking forward to it. How wrong was I! It was served by a woman in a pj top, and a big slob. It tasted like it had been fried in ciggy ash. Disgusting!!!
The B&B is smoking throughout, our room stunk like an ashtray.
My 1st stop after leaving this dump, was home to scrub myself in the shower, and put my clothes on a boil wash!! Avoid this place, if there is no where else to stay, take a sleeping bag an sleep on a bench!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank cherylq1
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Where do I start ? Words are beyond me how someone can actually charge you to stay here, I would honestly rather sleep naked on a load of broken glass in the middle of the motorway than stay here again ! People leaving good reviews I dare to imagine what sort of houses you lot live in !! Stunk of smoke, dog, must and general dirt. No car park, awful breakfast, dirty small dingy smelly rooms with no towels. I could go on and on about how poor it actually was. This hotel (how it's called a hotel I don't know) is just like Blackpool itself an absolute dump !!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends