“Small but Cute.”

and 1 more site!
South Beach
Ranked #128 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was our first visit to Blackpool booked through Groupon.
Our room was small but cute,very well heated and clean,our bed was very comfortable therefore got a good night sleep.
Breakfast was amazing and the staff were fantastic nothing was to much trouble.
We spent our evenings in the bar it was great we had such a good time it felt like home to home.
So we would like to thank Angie and Sam (owners) for a FANTASTIC BREAK.and hope to see you both in the near future.
GREAT PLACE.
Emma and Tony.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EMMA B

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have been staying at South beach since or Daughter was 3 she is now 16 and we have come to south beach every year, I remember our first visit when it was a small but very clean and friendly B&B we were made to feel so welcome by Angie and Sam, Then they expanded and South Beach is what it is today. The place is always clean and the staff are friendly Angie and Sam are always very welcoming to all of their guests and always make children feel at home.
Some of the comments I have read are unbelievable these people should try staying a few doors down as we once did due to South beach being full as it was the golf open in Blackpool, Believe me then you really would have something to moan about.
South Beach is situated ideally near south pier, Sand castle and pleasure beach and a short walk or tram ride to Tower, The bar overlooking the Irish sea is lovely to sit and watch the world go by! The rooms are clean and comfortable the Breakfast is lovely, We never want to leave!!
Kell, Matt & Courtney

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kelly l
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just visited with my wife for a short stay (early march). The hotel is ideally situated between the Tower and the Pleasure Beach (15 and 5 mins walks) and is on the sea front. The room was small, but clean and tidy. The small bathroom (shower only) was perfectly adequate and clean. No trouble parking in front of the hotel as it was quite. Parking is tight, but it's Blackpool and on site parking is a definite bonus. Breakfast was spot on and well cooked. The owners were friendly and accommodating. I've read some of the negative reviews, but as the owners point out it's a 3* guest house and not a 5* hotel. That said, excellent value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank basian
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Booked through wowcher. Room very clean and warm. Staff and owners very friendly and welcoming! Would return or recommend to friends, well worth the money. Can't comment on breakfast never made it up in time!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank shell767
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Me and my partner booked this through wowcher and got a very good deal at £49 for both of us for a two night stay. We were welcomed by Angela who was very nice and welcoming I told Angela I was still to pay for my daughter (she is 6 months) which should have been £8 per night so I gave Anglea £20 and I should have received £4 change which I didn't get as I did not see her for the rest of our stay and she said at the time she didn't have any change. We stayed in room 21 which at first sight looked really nice but as we looked in the bathroom there was mould on the ceiling of the shower and the taps on the sink were broke and this was very difficult to fill up the kettle and boil to make up our daughters bottles. There was only one working radiator in the room(the one beneath the window didn't work) and I had to go and ask about towels at the reception which smelt of smoke. When we booked up through wowcher we were told about breakfast and lunch on arrival we were informed about breakfast between 8:30am-9:30am but no mention of any lunch and also the bed was very uncomfortable my partners exact description was it felt like 5 old springs with some hay and a cloth sewing together. I feel like because we booked through wowcher and got a massive discount we were put in the room which needed most work done to it overall I guess we got what we paid for next time will pay more else where

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank Nicola040986
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Was greeted with a warm friendly welcome. Room basic but clean. Paid extra for sea view, well worth it. Breakfast gorgeous and staff lovely. Would stay there again. Excellent hotel!! Really friendly couple who run it!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room