“Be careful if you only book one night” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
South Beach
Ranked #85 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Be careful if you only book one night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this hotel last November for one night to attend a concert in Blackpool on June 20th , after ringing to confirm a few days before hand the owner of the hotel told me that she had my booking and all is fine, then the next day she rang me again to say she had a booking in the same name as mine, but not mine, however she had booked me in next door. funny how the same name had the same phone number and same e-mail as me, when we arrived at the hotel next door we found out that the south beach got a booking for 2 nights and palmed us off to the b&b next door, and had all our confirmation details passed on to him from south beach dated from November.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank nitrox67
angie3422, Owner at South Beach, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
It amazes me where people get their information from , The 2 bookings didn't have the same email address, if you actually had access to my reservation system you would be aware that but as you don’t you just decided to elaborate. I can access all bookings from bookings.com who you booked through & this is the one I printed & passed on to nxt door. I did not Palm you off next door due to having a 2 night stay as I explained on the phone it was all my fault and I had double booked . . I allocated you the 2 rooms nxt door as I knew bpl was exceptionally busy due to Rod Stewart Concert & the fabulous West end show Mama Mias opening night. I was concerned the rooms would sell out & I didn't want you arriving with no place to stay ..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really don't understand the review by cairnsy-derby. We stayed at the same time as he did and I've never read such a load of utter codswallop. As usual, Sam and Angie were great hosts with nothing too much trouble. The other staff were also very friendly and polite and had smiles on their faces which makes a nice change from some of the miserable ones I've had staying at other B & B's. Rooms are clean and fresh towels are provided daily. Breakfast was great as usual (loved the mushrooms). Situated between south and central pier it is ideally located for families, only a minutes walk from the tram stop. Be warned though, if you are a miserable type person then don't come here as everyone I met was having a great time. Looking forward to our next stay in 5 weeks time.

2 Thank Grahame E
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Myself and 5 friends have just stayed at this hotel. We all found it to be great hotel. The owners are very welcoming . Sam and Angie, go out of their way to be helpful and entertaining. The rooms are comfortable with a decent bed and showers. The breakfast is a buffet style and all good quality food. In all I would recommend this hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trish W
Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were at the same hotel as you and on the same days having just got back - and in our opinion you have fabricated most of your complaint just because it wasn't what you had hoped for - breakfast for one thing is superb, cereals, toast as much as you want, fried breakfast which is often varied with different items - the owners of the hotel are always on hand and are only too happy to do their best to make your stay a happy one if you truly had any problems the hosts would most certainly have addressed the issue. The hotel is by no means dirty with clean towels daily if you want them - (just read the notices about leaving these in the shower tray if you want clean ones). Having stayed at his hotel three times and having just booked to go back again at the end of July we would highly recommend it. Just remember it is a B and B at extremely reasonable rates - for a B and B the service provided is excellent. The public shared areas such as the dining area, the lounge, reception, downstair toilets, stairways and corridors are clean and clutter free. If you want five star luxury then I certainly recommend you book a five star hotel and pay five star prices. The hotel itself is situated to the south of the promenade which is a little quieter and is 100 yards from a tram stop although it is quite an easy walk back from the busier central and north attractions. The hotel doesn't cater for evening meals but there are several reasonably priced eateries within the area. Thank You Angela & Sammy for yet another pleasant friend stay and will see you again in five weeks time.

1 Thank Trancesgirl
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hi, my fiance, step daughter and I stayed here for two nights at the end of May Wit Week, the guesthouse was easy to find and ideally located, bang in the middle of the promenade ideal for the Tower end and the Pleasure Beach end.

The owners were lovely and very friendly nothing was a problem, the breakfast was ideal enough choice for everyone even a 5 year old. We had a family room and was spacious enough for what we needed and for how long we were in the room.

Great value for money and will definately book again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Knaresborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and myself stayed here for 2 nights last week. The couple who own this are the most nicest people you could meet! They couldn't be more helpful or accommodating helping with recommendations for food and entertainment. Always pleasant and always acknowledged. The breakfast buffet was lovely and breakfast staff very attentive! The room was clean and comftable, would come back here again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kelly-WrightA
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is the business, great hosts. Excellent staff can't do enough for you. Yes it is a B&B but it is very clean, comfortable and anything you want is provided at no trouble. The breakfast is outstanding with good service and an excellent chef who is on the ball with all needs. Haven't been to Blackpool for 20years but now I want to go again. The facilities in our room were adequate, the shower was very good, we had a bedroom that was at the back so no view, but that was our choice to go cheap as we could have upgraded to a sea view. Would recommend this B&B it's in a great place, got parking and the people are lovely.

3 Thank Christine P