“Outstanding!”

Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving mouth-watering dishes since 1975, it's our quality ingredients and friendly service that have kept us the talk of the Fylde Coast for years. Whether a frequent visitor, or first time diner expect fresh, Cantonese cooking in a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We was recommended this place by our hotel manager in Blackpool. When turning up we was greeted by the loveliest smiliest woman, Sue. Very friendly and a gorgeous christmassy atmosphere. Our starter was out of this world! I ate it all which is unlikely of me. Sue kindly asked would we like our main or to wait which I found very nice. Our main again exceeded our expectations and was fantastic. Loved loved loved it!

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Worth a try, good food”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I had heard such good things about this restaurant, so I thought it was time to go along and sample the delights! It's not the biggest when you get inside, mostly the tables appeared to be for four or more people, so it's probably not the place for an intimate meal.

I had crispy beef and egg fried rice and shared a quarter duck for starters. It was hot, fresh and very tasty, although I'm not a fan of the very small bowls they give you to eat out of. The service was good, and it was nice to be asked if we wanted a break after our starters prior to the main course. They serve Tsingtao (chinese beer), which is a personal favourite. I left feeling satisfied.

The prices are also very reasonable.

I enjoyed our meal and I would happily return in the future.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gareth B
blackpool
“Hello NICK you must have had a bad day at the office when you were writing your notice.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have not rated the meal as I have travelled all over the Far East over the past forty years and I have never had cause to complain about the staff, the preparation of the room, the presentation or cleanliness of any aspect, neither have I had a poor meal in the whole time i have dined there.. as a matter of fact I was one of the first customers there at 12 noon on the opening day.
It is true the food as served in any restaurant is not to every ones taste as you know your Mum's taste is tastier than grannie's taste but you do not complain.
I have paid a lot of money in restaurants that you have had cause to cause to complain about, but I have never had any cause to complain about the Paramount yet.Why do you not complain to Mr Chow and take him up his very generous offer?? instead of just talking behind
his back???

• Visited November 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“GONE DOWNHILL FAST”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Used to use for takeaways - Ended up sitting in, and have to say the service was good, but the food was terrible, and to serve in them stupid little bowls makes it even worse, couldn't wait to get out if i'm honest - Like i say the service was good, but i wouldn't return even it it was free of charge

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank nick s
FoodMoley, Public Relations Manager at Paramount Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi Nick,

We're surprised and very disappointed that you weren't happy following your recent visit to us at the Paramount. Our service style at the Paramount is a nod to traditions in China where diners share larger dishes, using chopsticks and rice bowls. If you should visit us again let us know of your preference, as we would be more than happy to serve you an individually plated meal.

If you could email us directly and let us know specifically what you felt was terrible about the food, as we try always to serve tasty dishes and would love the opportunity to improve.

Many Thanks
lancashire england
“excellent”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

excellent service, food, nothing too much trouble. we usually go on a Monday for buffet night never disappointed with the choice or the service. good choice on the everyday menu as well.

• Visited September 2013