“Where have the trams gone ?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City Sightseeing Blackpool
Ranked #7 of 8 Tours in Blackpool
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Visited on a blustery Sunday afternoon, the promenade is a great improvement, fantastic for a walk, all the usual sights although the fair was a little quiet and there were a few closed up premises, but horror of horrors what on earth were Blackpool thinking of by replacing the lovely old trams ! It was like visiting a stately home and finding all the furniture replaced by IKEA, horrible none descript city trams now run up and down the prom, i believe they were all sold off bar six or so which may come out on bank holidays, a real shame as the Blackpool character as gone, surely a massive mistake, perhaps the tower will be replaced by a concrete block ?

3  Thank glyn84

Reviewed 4 August 2013

For some reason, my review of Blackpool seafront mysteriously 'vanished' with no reason given.
I would like to re state that I will not go to the place ever again after visiting en route to the lake district with my wife.
The place was populated with dubious looking characters who looked like they were either regular drug users or alchol dependants.
I was on edge and always wary and concerned for her safety because several times we were accosted by these types to buy strange looking 'joke' books which we were reliably informed were 'a bit racist and a bit sexist'. Choosing not to buy these publications we were then sworn at!
Charming.
They stopped us to sell their wares!!!
The place is dirty, smells of ccoking fat and ciggarette smoke. The buildings look tired and in a decaying rusting state and there is a faint atmosphere of menace about the place, luckily we didn't have our kids with us. I wouldn't want to subject them to the experience.
We didn't see a single Police car or officer during the whole time we were there.
The beach was lovely though but I wouldn't ever go back.
There are plenty of other decent beaches to visit.
I will be annoyed if this review is removed, I'd like to tell others about the truth relating to the once splendid 'golden mile' which is now more like a rusty nail.

9  Thank tony20121212
Reviewed 25 September 2012

liked sea life centre full of different animals to see & is good for young & old also went to madam tussauds was very interesting the only dislike was the weather but you cant do anything with that

2  Thank niagra53
Reviewed 6 September 2012

liked the tower and all of blackpool pleasure beach was fantastic we had a ride on a tram which i thought was amusing and cheap the horse and carts were fun my grandson went on the donkeys which he loved we also had a go on hook the duck and managed to win a giganitc teddy bear for my grandson

2  Thank sashaStockton
Reviewed 28 August 2012

spent saturday in blackpool with my grandsons,the front is great but,whats happened to the toilets and shelters.we found ourselfs running for cover to the nearest shop to shelter from the rain.once upon a time there were shelters all along the front ,where have they gone.and found it hard to find public toilets that were much needed with four young grandchildren in tow.please bring the shelters back and provide more toilets.

3  Thank busybren60