“Awful”

Ranked #780 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Wallasey, England
“Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Myself and 4 friends stayed in this hotel for one night and it is quite possibly the worst room iv ever stayed in. The smell of damp and dogs was very strong when we first walked into the hotel and when we walked into our room it was absolutely freezing. We had old wooden windows of which one had a large hole which had been covered wiv some sort of sticky back plastic, and the bathroom window was wide open and had no lever to be able to close it. The bathroom light or television didnt work in our room either. I could not fault the male owner or cleaner, they were really friendly, however on returning back from our night out and coming up the stairs talking, we got screeched at to shut up, we thought this was another guest and replyed with a joke, it turned out to be the female owner who then ran up the stairs screaming and swearing at us an was quite obviously drunk, I find this unacceptable as a paying guest and felt quite uncomfortable, we did not stick around to try the breakfast after this experience. Safe to say we definitely will never return to the florida hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Sinead1986
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
well all I can say to this is what a load of lies. These young girls obviously have taken a dislike to me for whatever reason. For starters I don't drink on weekends when the hotel has guests in. I think you have clearly got mistaken with a commotion going on in the hotel that night as I was woken by someone setting the fire alarms off. Obviously me and my husband have to check the full hotel for our guests own safety. Upon doing this one of these girls screamed down the stairs which was more deafening than the fire alarm. There was no screeching from me and naturally I was in a slight panic. how was I to know at first that it was a false alarm. Really don't get how i can be drunk when im stood there in my pyjamas half asleep. Thanks a lot for putting this bad review on as none of it is true.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ENGLAND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just got back from a stay here, and it was possibly the worst hotel I've ever been to.
Our room had a hole in the window covered up with plastic, the toilet light and the tv would not work. And the window in the bathroom had no latch to close it! It was freezing.
To top it off when arriving back to the hotel after a night out we got screamed at by the landlady to be quiet and told to get out of her hotel. (She was under the influence of alcohol)
The gentleman that runs it with her was at least polite thank god!

I'm not fussy and rarely ever complain but never again would I set foot in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank LUCE2483
this is a friend of the other bad review that was put on here putting me down. I remember all of you and did my best to help you in anything you needed. If you had any problems you should of come and informed me or my husband so that we could of helped. You were all clearly intoxicated so don't see how you can judge me or our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, owners Leah and stu are lovely people. Breakfast was the best i have had in a long time, would definately stay again and reccomend it to anyone looking for top class accommodation with a warm welcome.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank nicjamieson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great hotel, good location right in the centre was a bit worried after reading the comments to find it was the complete opposite, very clean rooms great owners very very helpful very nice breakfast clean bedding couldn't fault the place.. 5 stars :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank daveysd
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

If you want a hotel that gives you peace of mind stay away, more like a western saloon bar fists at dawn seems ok at first bit frosty and thats just the owners place in the bar was a mess from the night before and thats what it was like all weekend last nights glasses and over flowing ashtrays still there on afternoon hosts spent most weekend drinking heavy only to end in a screaming and shouting match at 8am in morning for well over a hour, then to be told no breakfast sorry I don't think will last 6 months this is just short version
dirty, smelly, filthy glasses, blood spattered up walls, bedroom furniture falling apart, old old fashioned, mould on pillows, and lots more Aug 2013 JBDL

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank julie p
No one was smoking, everyone had vapour cigs. This is a non smoking hotel. Owners drinking heavily, well I thought we all got on very well until this review showed up. If anyone looks on our facebook page you will see a group of people on the karaoke where stu my partner also had a sing a long. If this looks like someone that isn't enjoying themselves then I don't know. As for the breakfast, JULIE, you failed to mention that we refunded five pounds per person because there was a fault in the kitchen and wasn't going to be sorted till eleven.