“Steph form Barnsley” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Florida Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Florida Hotel
Ranked #774 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Steph form Barnsley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

After reading through previous reviews I thought Leah and Stu could do with a little support
I was also part of the 21 ladies there for a friends 50th Birthday and have to say The Florida Hotel did us proud. We had a fab time and got exactly what we payed for, a party hotel
Close to Blackpool sea front, pubs and entertainment. Nothing too much trouble, no mess (and we did make quite a bit in the bar) too great, the following morning a lovely breakfast to sort us out . Fantastic
All in all The Florida provides a good base for a great time in Blackpool, yes it has to be said the rooms are a little tired but hey your not living in there are you and want The Hilton then go there and pay there prices
Thanks to our wonderful hosts for a fab time I also ŵill be back xSx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie B

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

booked in for 2 nights, couldnt cope with 1 night. it was freezing cold, large hole in window which was covered with a bit of plastic, bathroom window would not close, shower was freezing cold at all times, room was grubby, kettle had loose lime scale bits and inside was brown. the heating was only put on for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, when asked about the heating we were abruptly told that they can't afford to heat 21 rooms for longer than that period of time. the dinning room and bar area were covered in dogs hair, full ashtrays and smelt terrible. refused to re-emberse our money for the room or breakfast. checked out after 1 night. wish i had taken photo's.
would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review for the Florida Hotel. However, we realised that you have failed to mention that when you bought it to our attention about the whole in the corner of the window that we immediately moved you into another room without hesitation. Also there was only two of you but we kindly put you in a triple room just so we could fit you in as you were recommended to us by your fiends and we didn't have any doubles left. There is no mention of the fantastic breakfast that we offer, or the friendliness and helpfulness that all our guests receive at the Florida Hotel. For you to expect 24/7 heating is ludicrous. The heating comes on more than two hours twice a day. To be exact its from 5-9:30 on an evening and 6-10 in the mornigs. You also failed to mention that we did put the heating on outside the normal hours but you decided to leave because it wasn't on at midnight.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

me and 21 of my friends stayed in here last weekend (18th Oct), was my friends 50th birthday and we had an excellent weekend. Room spotless. Heating on. Stu & Leah let us trim the bar up without a problem. We had an excekkent weekend and would recommend it to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Blackpool. Stu & Leah are a great couple and nothing was too much trouble for them. Rooms stylish and breakfast was lovely. Well done St & leah. Keep up the good work and we will definately see you again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bev G
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

stayed mon-fri with my granddaughter,very friendly and welcoming.an excellent breakfast every day. The room was good with en suite and good television reception, We really enjoyed our stay and would visit again,good location near to central

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P
Wallasey, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Myself and 4 friends stayed in this hotel for one night and it is quite possibly the worst room iv ever stayed in. The smell of damp and dogs was very strong when we first walked into the hotel and when we walked into our room it was absolutely freezing. We had old wooden windows of which one had a large hole which had been covered wiv some sort of sticky back plastic, and the bathroom window was wide open and had no lever to be able to close it. The bathroom light or television didnt work in our room either. I could not fault the male owner or cleaner, they were really friendly, however on returning back from our night out and coming up the stairs talking, we got screeched at to shut up, we thought this was another guest and replyed with a joke, it turned out to be the female owner who then ran up the stairs screaming and swearing at us an was quite obviously drunk, I find this unacceptable as a paying guest and felt quite uncomfortable, we did not stick around to try the breakfast after this experience. Safe to say we definitely will never return to the florida hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Sinead1986
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
well all I can say to this is what a load of lies. These young girls obviously have taken a dislike to me for whatever reason. For starters I don't drink on weekends when the hotel has guests in. I think you have clearly got mistaken with a commotion going on in the hotel that night as I was woken by someone setting the fire alarms off. Obviously me and my husband have to check the full hotel for our guests own safety. Upon doing this one of these girls screamed down the stairs which was more deafening than the fire alarm. There was no screeching from me and naturally I was in a slight panic. how was I to know at first that it was a false alarm. Really don't get how i can be drunk when im stood there in my pyjamas half asleep. Thanks a lot for putting this bad review on as none of it is true.
ENGLAND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just got back from a stay here, and it was possibly the worst hotel I've ever been to.
Our room had a hole in the window covered up with plastic, the toilet light and the tv would not work. And the window in the bathroom had no latch to close it! It was freezing.
To top it off when arriving back to the hotel after a night out we got screamed at by the landlady to be quiet and told to get out of her hotel. (She was under the influence of alcohol)
The gentleman that runs it with her was at least polite thank god!

I'm not fussy and rarely ever complain but never again would I set foot in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank LUCE2483
this is a friend of the other bad review that was put on here putting me down. I remember all of you and did my best to help you in anything you needed. If you had any problems you should of come and informed me or my husband so that we could of helped. You were all clearly intoxicated so don't see how you can judge me or our hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, owners Leah and stu are lovely people. Breakfast was the best i have had in a long time, would definately stay again and reccomend it to anyone looking for top class accommodation with a warm welcome.

• Stayed July 2013