“Worst B&B i have visited”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Florida Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Florida Hotel
Ranked #778 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Worst B&B i have visited”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

we booked to stay at the B & B as everywhere else was fully booked (oviously know why this B&B was not full now) as it was the worst night sleep i have ever had, the room was freezing and the double beds are like a single bed there that small, the floors were all dirty so had to keep my shoes on, when we were leaving we didnt know where to put the keys as we didnt want to leave them just anywhere, the lady who runs it was rude and just took them off us not even a smile from her after returning home from the hell hole i discovered the place took an extra £30 pound out of my Bank account without my authorisation i am appauled, would not ever return there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Becky S

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Well I totally believe in pay for what u get but Jesus this took the biscuit! I don't think I hAve ever stayed in anything quite like this! The male owner was helpful an friendly I won't fault that! But the cleanliness of the hotel really let's this down! We went in the room and I thought oh dear god the decor is poor which wouldn't have bothered me if the hotel was clean with it! We arrived quite late so got straight ready to go out! We had dirty towels left on the bed which were folded for us to use but looked disgusting! I would rather have not even had a shower if it meant using one of them to dry with! God knows what was on it wouldn't even like to imagine! Then the walls are filthy aswell all sorts of stains up them again wouldn't like to even imagine what's on them disgusting to even think this room hasn't or if so was poorly cleaned there was a picture above the bed which had all dirt scum and stains on! The bed sheets had stains in and we all slept on top of them as we didn't know what the hell we was sharing a bed with! The floors hadn't even been hovered I had to tread on someone else's left over food which made me feel sick! It's a shame as the price included breakfast but after the state of the room i didn't even want to have breakfast there as we couldn't wait to get out I think I would have rather slept on the bench outside would have probably been a lot cleaner on the pavement even outside! This hotel needs a serious refurb and employ better cleaners that's what really lets it down!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jenaveve23456
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
my response to this is you must be talking about another hotel because all our towels are professionally cleaned and me and my partner cleaned those rooms ourselves so I know they were acceptable to let out. Upon stripping the bedding from the rooms ready to send off to be cleaned I found the room to be in a disgusting mess. It looked like there had been a food explosion all over the place. One of the worst rooms iv come across that iv had to clean after guests have vacated.Total disrespect for the place.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Me & a group of friends decided to stay here New Year's Eve as a last minute plan..think we would of been better off sleeping rough!! I do NOT know where to start!! It's beyond filthy...the floors look
Like they've never seen a Hoover, dirty beds,dirty towels, filthy walls ( people who have stayed there before's snot, blood,drink) after seeing all this we decided NOT to go down for breakfast as we decided if they dont know how to clean a carpet they wont know how to clean a plate!!!absolutely disgusting!! I'd never recommended to stay here ever not even if you were desperate,the rooms are so small you couldn't even swing a kitten let a lone a cat...there isn't one good thing I could say about this 'hotel' i won't be surprised if me and my friends have caught something from this hellhole!! If you know what's good for you...you won't stay here!!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ashleygr21
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

After reading through previous reviews I thought Leah and Stu could do with a little support
I was also part of the 21 ladies there for a friends 50th Birthday and have to say The Florida Hotel did us proud. We had a fab time and got exactly what we payed for, a party hotel
Close to Blackpool sea front, pubs and entertainment. Nothing too much trouble, no mess (and we did make quite a bit in the bar) too great, the following morning a lovely breakfast to sort us out . Fantastic
All in all The Florida provides a good base for a great time in Blackpool, yes it has to be said the rooms are a little tired but hey your not living in there are you and want The Hilton then go there and pay there prices
Thanks to our wonderful hosts for a fab time I also ŵill be back xSx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie B
Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

booked in for 2 nights, couldnt cope with 1 night. it was freezing cold, large hole in window which was covered with a bit of plastic, bathroom window would not close, shower was freezing cold at all times, room was grubby, kettle had loose lime scale bits and inside was brown. the heating was only put on for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, when asked about the heating we were abruptly told that they can't afford to heat 21 rooms for longer than that period of time. the dinning room and bar area were covered in dogs hair, full ashtrays and smelt terrible. refused to re-emberse our money for the room or breakfast. checked out after 1 night. wish i had taken photo's.
would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review for the Florida Hotel. However, we realised that you have failed to mention that when you bought it to our attention about the whole in the corner of the window that we immediately moved you into another room without hesitation. Also there was only two of you but we kindly put you in a triple room just so we could fit you in as you were recommended to us by your fiends and we didn't have any doubles left. There is no mention of the fantastic breakfast that we offer, or the friendliness and helpfulness that all our guests receive at the Florida Hotel. For you to expect 24/7 heating is ludicrous. The heating comes on more than two hours twice a day. To be exact its from 5-9:30 on an evening and 6-10 in the mornigs. You also failed to mention that we did put the heating on outside the normal hours but you decided to leave because it wasn't on at midnight.
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

me and 21 of my friends stayed in here last weekend (18th Oct), was my friends 50th birthday and we had an excellent weekend. Room spotless. Heating on. Stu & Leah let us trim the bar up without a problem. We had an excekkent weekend and would recommend it to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Blackpool. Stu & Leah are a great couple and nothing was too much trouble for them. Rooms stylish and breakfast was lovely. Well done St & leah. Keep up the good work and we will definately see you again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bev G
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

stayed mon-fri with my granddaughter,very friendly and welcoming.an excellent breakfast every day. The room was good with en suite and good television reception, We really enjoyed our stay and would visit again,good location near to central

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family