“DIRTIEST B&B IN BLACKPOOL FEBRUARY 2014” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Florida Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Florida Hotel
Ranked #774 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“DIRTIEST B&B IN BLACKPOOL FEBRUARY 2014”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

DO NOT RECOMMEND

This must be the dirtiest unhygienic place we have ever staying in.

On arrival, looking down to basement outside area and entrance, was filthy, fag butts and dirty windows

In the waiting area and pool room , the red seating int he pool room was stained and sticky marks over the old plush (if you can call it plush)and the inside windows haven't been cleaned for some years!

The carpets in the whole B & B were not hoovered and lonesome chip seemed to wonder from landing to landing, maybe the rats didn't like the manky chip that had been left to roam aimlessly.

We were great what seem to be from two very nice people (although the smashing of plates and arguments from them the night before apparently leaves something to question

So were walked up the flights of stairs (some damaged to them) to get into our room !!

THE HORROR BEGINS

As i clean properties for a living i do tend to look more closely at things, The bedding was very dated and tatty, the bed was uneven (more on this later), so we put our bags down and look a little more closely.

I needed to loo, the toilet seat was half off. The sink has scum marks around the basin and the shower (well) there was mold on the shower head and tiles. The shower didn't actually heat up. I took to having a strip wash, and couldnt bear the thought of having to get in it, There were scum marks and mould on the shower tray and shower screen.

The carpets were not hoovered. I moved the net curtains to have a look at what was outside for a view. Filthy windows sills and pains and dust and black mold around the windows. The bathroom window was held together with an elastic band and wouldn't shut.

The toilet seat was hanging on, so when i sat on the seat if fell off.

We then left to go into blackpool. and returned in the early hours of the morning.

I slept in my clothes as the room was freezing, when i woke i had been bitten, not sure what by, but my husband also said the same.

We went down for breakfast, there were dirty dishes left from the previous night (we wasn't there then), i open the kitchen door to ask for our breakfasts, and could i take my husbands upstairs as he was still asleep, i was told this was fine. The kitchen catering area was appalling, stacks of used pizza boxes more than 30 stood on top of each other and the surface areas were dirty and unclean and not hygienic. I left my breakfast and took my husbands upstairs, he left his too, only ate the bacon, the plate remained in our room all weekend.

The bed was awful, wobbly and sunken where you rolled off or over if one of you moved.

The room was not checked over by the landlords at any time, as our cups were still dirty, from the night before, nothing was clean,
n

The wardrobe had no doors on and the chest of draws had one draw missing and broken in places.

Our door was a problem to get into, these are suppose to be fire doors and we had to kick ours to open it to get in.

There was a downstairs toilet in the dinging area, again this was filthy, you didn't sit on the toilet, we squatted, as to not touch anything.

The smoking area was untidy and dirty.

on a whole, this place is disgusting, filthy, moldy, smelt of damp, dirty skirting boards, draughty, unsafe in too many aspects, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN ANYWHERE NEAR THIS PLACE.

I am reporting this place to Environmental Health

DO NOT RECOMMEND, You would be safer sleeping in the gutter!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 474Julie
LeahHansonCampbell, Owner at The Florida Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
well Julie Julie Julie. the famous Gordon and Julie. I actually complained to paula about you two because of the state the room was left in. So I get why your going all out to bad mouth my hotel. You two have to be the most dirty unpolite rude and argumentative guests I have EVER had. so excuse me if I wasn't all smiles with you. You disturbed the other guest with your constant rowing. None of you arrived for breakfast as you were obviously too intoxicated from the night before. you could smell it a mile off. The one time you did turn up for breakfast you did not ask to take one up to the room. The answer would of been no. breakfast to only be consumed at the breakfast table like everyone else. So you snuck it upstairs and didn't bring the plate back down. like I said, unpolite!!!!!!!! Me and my partner were horrified at the state the room was in. The breakfast plate was just dumped in the middle of the floor. and it was empty so you didn't only eat the bacon. On your arrival you mention fag butts and dirty windows. that basement area is the bars outside smoking area so excuse me if im not there to pick up every fag end once someone has finished as well as running a nineteen bed hotel. My windows are cleaned every week. You say the pool room was dirty, I clean it daily, every morning after breakfast. you say the whole hotel wasn't hovered. We own a robot that does it for us so why wouldn't I simply press a button. we do hoover with the dyson too. You say we were nice people, well we agree on something. No plates were smashed. Your room you werein backs onto the ally way. you must of heard the council taking the bottle bin away. Its out of my control if there are scuff marks on the stair ways. This is from people taking there luggage up and down the stairs. The bedding is completely new(6 months old), so don't know where your getting the dated and tatty from. If the toilet seat was wobbly why didn't you come and let one of us know. We would of fixed it straight away. There were no scum marks on the sinks. We clean the rooms and they are clean. I cant stop laughing at the fact you clean for a living. Could of fooled me. Judging by the state of how the room was in my personal opinion this is not from clean people. You wasn't bitten by anything in my hotel. Now, as for the pizza boxes, yes there was about twenty of them stacked up. They were all empty. The night before I allowed all the darts group to 0rder takeaway as it was very late(about 1am) and everyone had been at the darts all day and were starving. Obviously Im left with the rubbish so I put them aside ready to put out for the recycling Monday morning. Im disgusted that I worked hard all week looking after this group of people and this is how I get repaid. and it was a reduced price too

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Cant wait to come back and stay here. Helpful and friendly couple running the place, nothing was too much trouble. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy! Best of all was the much needed breakfast, it was delicious! Definitely will be recommending The Florida to everyone I know. Great value for money. Thanks guys! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NicolaLC1981
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at the Florida Hotel for my friends Hen Weekend & had a great time. It was located close to the town centre & attractions so was ideal & the rooms were clean & comfortable. Great value for money, would stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chrissietbc
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Nice relaxing stay, friendly and helpful staff will stay again. Anice room and cleaned daily as u can tell and nice meals, will defo recommend to friends and family :-) close to shops an pubs an beach so saves money :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends in december for a cheeky weekend. It was lovely the couple (leah and stu) running it were helpful and polite telling us everything we needed to know. Room was lovely and clean with nice comfy beds and fresh towels... Breakfast was a great hangover cure. All in all a very nice place and will defo be returning in the summer... Thanks leah and stu.. Keep up the goid work ;))

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chilli-brooke
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent location near to town. Clean room+friendly staff..plus a really good breakfast included. Very clean rooms+value for money. I would definitely book here again next year..perfect for stag+hen do's xx

• Stayed January 2014
Tamworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

we booked to stay at the B & B as everywhere else was fully booked (oviously know why this B&B was not full now) as it was the worst night sleep i have ever had, the room was freezing and the double beds are like a single bed there that small, the floors were all dirty so had to keep my shoes on, when we were leaving we didnt know where to put the keys as we didnt want to leave them just anywhere, the lady who runs it was rude and just took them off us not even a smile from her after returning home from the hell hole i discovered the place took an extra £30 pound out of my Bank account without my authorisation i am appauled, would not ever return there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Becky S

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels