DO NOT RECOMMEND
This must be the dirtiest unhygienic place we have ever staying in.
On arrival, looking down to basement outside area and entrance, was filthy, fag butts and dirty windows
In the waiting area and pool room , the red seating int he pool room was stained and sticky marks over the old plush (if you can call it plush)and the inside windows haven't been cleaned for some years!
The carpets in the whole B & B were not hoovered and lonesome chip seemed to wonder from landing to landing, maybe the rats didn't like the manky chip that had been left to roam aimlessly.
We were great what seem to be from two very nice people (although the smashing of plates and arguments from them the night before apparently leaves something to question
So were walked up the flights of stairs (some damaged to them) to get into our room !!
THE HORROR BEGINS
As i clean properties for a living i do tend to look more closely at things, The bedding was very dated and tatty, the bed was uneven (more on this later), so we put our bags down and look a little more closely.
I needed to loo, the toilet seat was half off. The sink has scum marks around the basin and the shower (well) there was mold on the shower head and tiles. The shower didn't actually heat up. I took to having a strip wash, and couldnt bear the thought of having to get in it, There were scum marks and mould on the shower tray and shower screen.
The carpets were not hoovered. I moved the net curtains to have a look at what was outside for a view. Filthy windows sills and pains and dust and black mold around the windows. The bathroom window was held together with an elastic band and wouldn't shut.
The toilet seat was hanging on, so when i sat on the seat if fell off.
We then left to go into blackpool. and returned in the early hours of the morning.
I slept in my clothes as the room was freezing, when i woke i had been bitten, not sure what by, but my husband also said the same.
We went down for breakfast, there were dirty dishes left from the previous night (we wasn't there then), i open the kitchen door to ask for our breakfasts, and could i take my husbands upstairs as he was still asleep, i was told this was fine. The kitchen catering area was appalling, stacks of used pizza boxes more than 30 stood on top of each other and the surface areas were dirty and unclean and not hygienic. I left my breakfast and took my husbands upstairs, he left his too, only ate the bacon, the plate remained in our room all weekend.
The bed was awful, wobbly and sunken where you rolled off or over if one of you moved.
The room was not checked over by the landlords at any time, as our cups were still dirty, from the night before, nothing was clean,
The wardrobe had no doors on and the chest of draws had one draw missing and broken in places.
Our door was a problem to get into, these are suppose to be fire doors and we had to kick ours to open it to get in.
There was a downstairs toilet in the dinging area, again this was filthy, you didn't sit on the toilet, we squatted, as to not touch anything.
The smoking area was untidy and dirty.
on a whole, this place is disgusting, filthy, moldy, smelt of damp, dirty skirting boards, draughty, unsafe in too many aspects, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN ANYWHERE NEAR THIS PLACE.
I am reporting this place to Environmental Health
DO NOT RECOMMEND, You would be safer sleeping in the gutter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida Hotel is a family-run Blackpool bargain priced hotel guesthouse. We are ideally placed for the Winter Gardens, Blackpool Tower most shows, clubs, Central Pier and town centre, ... more less