“Could Not Ask for More”
Review of The Redstone

The Redstone
Ranked #48 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2012

From arrival to us leaving about 4hrs ago, the owner , Ursula could not do anything more to make our stay better than what it already was.

Alexandra Road is between North and South Pier's so is ideal situation. On arrival, stand back and appreciate the facade of the hotel. It beats everything on the same Road. Now step inside and wow, modern and maintails the Victorian feel. Dining room which is hugely spacious and a bedroom that puts 5 star hotels in places like London to shame.

We stayed at De Veres on the Saturday which wouldn't rate a 4/10 on my scale.

The Redstone is a must.

What Ursula has achieved in 16 months is something that would and will bring me back. Hospitality, great food, privacy and the warmth from her was second to none.

Thank you for an amazing stay and we wish you the most success for the future

• Stayed: July 2012
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Hi

you are very kind. thank you so much for writing a review it means a lot to us.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and maybe I will see you again in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 July 2012

In fact it is worth 10 stars! We had an extremely large and comfortable room with a large TV (which my hubby enjoyed). A lovely bathroom with large fluffy bath sheets, not the stingy ones you get in chain hotels. Ursula and Jasmine were very friendly and helpful in fact it was like staying with family. Breakfast was wonderful, well cooked with lots of choice. Great cakes for afternoon tea. Car parking off street is a bonus in Blackpool. This guesthouse is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Always a pleasure to know our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed 23 July 2012

After having an unpleasant experience in another hotel in Blackpool The Redstone was our saving grace. I could have hugged Ursula when I saw the premises and was told a room was available for us. It was definitely a sight for sore eyes. The B&B appeared to be newly refurbished, and the room was clean, clean, clean, comfortable and all we could have wanted. The breakfast area was lovely with a grand piano as a finishing touch. The breakfast itself, which was included in the very cheap price, was the icing on the cake. Anything and everything you could want. From fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereal, to a full cooked fantastic hot breakfast. The Redstone was an awesome find and if we are ever back in Blackpool we will not contemplate staying anywhere else! Ursula was a lovely, welcoming host and we can't thank her enough for making our short stay in Blackpool a safe and happy one :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pyrlgirl

Hi

You are too kind. Glad you found me!! Thanks for a terrific review.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Redstone last night after looking for somewhere a bit different from the usual and were definately not disappointed.

We called ahead to check if we would be able to use the hotel car parking facilities until check-in (we would be arriving in the morning and check-in was at 3pm) We were surprised to hear that we would be welcome to check-in as soon as we arrived, as our room was already vacant, great start

Upon arrival at the Redstone, we could tell that the owners had spent a lot of time, effort and money on the appearance. It was very modern looking, with glass and chrome bannisters leading to the door, and a lovely polished wooden floor inside leading to the reception and breakfast room. The owner greeted us and showed us where to park, and we checked in with her daughter, both were very welcoming, friendly and chatty.

We were shown to our room, which was on the third floor, room 5. We had booked the luxury double room, which was en-suite. We decided against paying extra for the larger room with sitting area, as we would be out most of the time. The room was lovely, nice big bed and plently of space. The bathroom was very well fitted with walk-in shower. In the dressing table were hair-dryer, hair-straighteners (wife was impressed!) and all manner of complimentary accessories like dental kits, sewing kits even shoe polish kits!

The only two bad points were the coloured runner on the bed was slightly stained, but no big issue as it isnt needed for sleep and is just for show, and also with it being a hot night we had the window open, and could hear all the seagulls for most of the night (of course, not the hotels fault!)

Breakfast was full and plentiful, very tasty and served promptly after arrival down to the breakfast room.

When checking out we were thanked for our stay and left feeling our custom had been appreciated - we will definately consider staying here again if we visit Blackpool again!

Room Tip: Luxury double was great for us - a lot of stairs to climb after a long day of walking around though...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary H
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hi

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The room was HUGE, with a huge HD TV, too. I was totally impressed. It was literally twice the size of other places I have stayed. Ursula was totally friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was wonderful. She gave us ice when asked, even though she had a bar of her own (unlike one other place we stayed). Could not have been better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helene123Chicago

Hi

Thank you for all your very kind words. Glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and what we offer here at The Redstone blackpool. i hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night at the Redstone. It was a surprise from me to him so I wanted to give him the best. And WOW... Upon arrival I couldn't stop grinning because it just blew me away. Prior to our stay, I asked for something romantic in the room on entry, Ursula went out of her way for hand made chocolates, 2 roses and rose petals. They were a real winner! THE BED..... I wanted to take it home! I don't usually sleep very well in unfamiliar places but I honestly slept right through. No noise or disturbance. Bathroom and shower was outstanding, very clean and welcoming. The bedroom over all just took us back, all of the little extras were great, from the hair straighteners, coffee maker, hair spray, face wipes etc... Ursula is a very friendly woman, even a free drink for his birthday! The basement bar is awesome, very modern and swankey. Great location, 1 minute walk from prom, 20 minute walk from tower. Breakfast is wide range, fresh and delicious. We will 100% stay here again and recommend to anyone visiting Blackpool!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlotte_PCE
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Hi

WOW, If I didn't own this guesthouse I would want to stay here myself after reading your review!! You are very kind to have taken the time to write it. It is always pleasurable to read such positive feedback from my guests as it is important to know that I am getting things right.
I look forward to your next stay.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Our stay at the Redstone Guesthouse in Blackpool was perfect (except for the weather! LOL). The hosts, Ursula and her family, could not have been more hospitable. We honestly felt like we were guests in their home. The accommodations were superb...our room was beautiful, as was the breakfast room, reception room, and bar. Ursula's full English breakfast was the best! We got there following the Queen's Jubilee and I admired her bunting in the front window...before we left, she gave me the one that was up plus an unopened package. How nice!!!! I would definitely recommend the Redstone to any and all visiting Blackpool...it is definitely a rose amongst thorns!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 4kaz
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Hi there!

Hope the rest of your holiday was great.
It was a pleasure to have met you both you were very nice guests.
Thank you for all the wonderful things you have wrote.
Keep in touch and if you find yourself over here again i hope you will come and stay with us.