“The ultimate Stay !!”
Review of The Redstone

The Redstone
Ranked #46 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I know this is late but I've just joined, I stayed here in July 2011 with my thai girlfriend and I must say what a truly amazing place this was to stay, breakfast was brilliant and the staff were very helpful at all times.
The rooms are to die for And nothing here is cheap , no where else I've stayed in the past any where around the world compares.
Also has a great down stairs bar !!!
Thank you ursula and the staff at red stone, hope we see you soon

• Stayed: November 2011
theredstone, Manager at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Hi

Its never too late as the saying goes and thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you both again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel due to reading previous reviews.
We arrived in blackpool before booking in time, so we walked around for a bit, but we got a phone call from the hotel telling us our room was ready - 2 hours early :)
We arrived at the hotel, we were offered tea/coffee, booked in quick and showed our room, this (room 8) was the biggest and best room we've ever stayed in, total luxury, really comfy bed, high quality covers/duvets, fixtures and fittings and a 50" flat screen tv on the wall, you can lay in bed and easily watch it. My partner liked the dressing table with hair dryer and hair straightners, and there is a safe in the room which is good.
The en-suite is huge, fully tiled and again has luxury fittings. The shower is good and gets warm quick. There are loads of high quality towels and the complimentary soaps are nice.
Breakfast - there are 2 sitting times which is an ace idea, not everyone wants to be up and eating at 8:30 am, the dining room is really nice, there is a piano and a grandfather clock in there. The room is nice, clean and spacious so your not eating right next to strangers, the food is nice and cooked perfect, you can see care is taken over each plate.

Check out - unlike most other hotels that need you out by 10am, this hotel let's you stay until 11am, this late checkout time along with the late breakfast option makes the morning of checkout a nice slow process, rather than having to rush everything.

If your looking for a high end, clean luxury hotel - book this one. 10/10.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi

Thank you, you are very kind to have wrote so much. As ever it is nice to read such nice words it really makes my day. Its so important to have feedback. I hope to see you back here in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I'm still actually in the Redstone, just about to leave for home. If we didn't have a deadline to be home for, we'd have stayed another night.

I think first impressions are very important, I make my mind up about a place very quickly. From the very warm welcome, to the little things like a coffee (and yummy cake) while waiting for our room to he ready, (we arrived well before check in time, but it was no problem) it was a fantastic stay. The staff were all so friendly and cheery, I just loved the place in the first five minutes.

The rooms are freshly decorated, roomy, and very luxurious, better than you find in many big city hotels. A must for me is my own hair dryer, as hotel ones are notoriously absent or rubbish, but no need here, there's an excellent one right next to the straighteners on the dressing
table.

As we had just spent a week on a narrow boat, I had particularly chosen a place which appeared to be spacious and had a decent shower, again, I was not disappointed.

Unfortunately we missed the owners, they were on holiday, but their daughter and sister were very helpful and accommodating, I'm sure we'll meet them next time!

Lastly I'd like to say, try the smoked salmon soufflé omelette, you'll never regret it!!!!

Can't recommend this place highly enough, you've got to try it for yourself!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Hi

Thank you for you recommendation and I am sorry I was not here to have met you but even hoteliers like to treat themselves to a hotel stay from time time!! I love knowing that my guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they would return.
Many many thanks.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

A pearl in the midst of run of the mill Blackpool B&B's. from the moment you step through the glass front door underneath the Chandelier you feel that this is something special and it didn't disappoint. The bedroom had gorgeous down pillows and duvet with quality bed linen. There was more than adequate storage space and the flat screen tv was a pleasure along with the wifi connection. The bathroom was luxurious with a large walk in shower, fluffy robes and along with the hair drier hair straighteners were also provided. The cellar bar was a welcome oasis with its subdued lighting, comfortable seating and a good range of drinks at reasonable prices. Breakfast was served in a graceful room the focal point of which was a Grand Piano and the range and quality of the food on offer certainly justify the 5 star rating. This is one guest house I would certainly return to

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi

Thank you for writing a review. Happy to know you enjoyed what we offer. Feedback is so important and so I thank you for sharing you experience with others.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have just returned from 1 night stay in this hidden jem in Blackpool. I have to say I was a bit sceptical - 'a 5* hotel in Blackpool?!' I was completely bowled over by this hotel, from walking in on Monday, being greeted by a gorgeous little ball of fluff (Ursula's dog!!), to walking out yesterday morning, everything was perfect, coffee and cake on arrival, everything in the spotless room that you could ask for (including robe and slippers). the house is extremely well-maintained. The breakfast was to die for, I just had fruit and a smoothie (mmmmm!!), my husband ordered quite a few items for breakfast but then changed his mind at the last minute, but it wasn't a problem. Ursula and her collegues are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We will definately stay again and will definately be recommending the hotel to others. Thanks you Ursula for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi

Thank you for all you have wrote, yes there is five star in Blackpool!!!!
And you have experienced it and I am glad you enjoyed it!! I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

we stayed at the Redstone just for one night in the sat of Sep.we only stayed for one night but wish we could have stayed for longer.This guest house is stylish,modern,friendly extreamly compy,and is one of the best places ive ever stayed in,you certainly wouldnt expect to find it in Blackpool!!.The room wa light and airy,with lovely toiletries,robes,slippers,tea coffee chocolate,buiscuits,bottled water,the most compy bed ive ever slept in! and a lovely big wetroom.the furniture was classy and the bed lien soft.breakfast was amazing,fresh strawberries,pinapple,blueberries,raspberries,muffins,cheeses,yogurts,fruit juice,nuts,cereals,and that was before the choice of salmon,scrammbled eggs,fryed breakfast,oganic porrage,smootie,french toast with maple syrup,and crispy bacon,kippers,fresh coffee,and fresh cut crusty toast......no one could say the breakfast wasnt the best!.theres a lovely small funky bar downstairs,and a welcoming reception.The guesthouse is placed in a convinient place,inbetween the tower,and the pleasure beach,and the owner reccomended a good indian to us,if out want something other than fish and chips.the ONLY fault,if you can call it one,more of a tiny niggle really,was that our bed ,room 5,was a style containing quite square feet at the bottom ,and was positioned on such a way that , stubbed my toe on it 5 times,everytime i went to the bathroom.....and my husband actually took a big chunk out of his shin doing it!!! maybe were just clumsy,but both of us??? maybe the furniture could be moved around a bit???i wouls love to return and spend a lot more time in the room,as we didint this time.all in all,the owner has spent a lot of time and effort making this place "special",we had the last room for that wkend,and were very very lucky to get it.wonderful hidden little gem,somewhere you would never expect to find it ,thank you x

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi

Thank you for your lovely review. You are very kind to have wrote so much.
Sorry to hear of the toe stumping!!!! Its the wooden bed frames but they look so nice im afraid toes will have to suffer!! :(
I hope to see you back here in the future.

Kid regards

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel - our room was magnificent with lots of extra touches; robes, slippers, bottled water. The staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was marvellous with fresh fruit, berries and juice and choice of cooked dishes - the full English was lovely and good quality ingredients. This hotel is a gem!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Hi

Thank you for staying in our 'Gem', such a nice word to use for us!! :)

Warm regards