“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Ranked #43 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We have just returned from a one night stay at The Redstone and found it utter perfection. Ursula and her team were so accommodating they really made our stay special. It was my boyfriends birthday and a card and bottle of champagne were in the room as requested. The room was fantastic, so clean and beautiful. Breakfast was equally as fabulous with a large selection available. Within walking distance of the pleasure beach, south pier and the water park and casino- it is the perfect location. Completely faultless, highly recommend this guesthouse- we will be back!

theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Hi

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have had you both stay and glad you enjoyed your birthday with us. I hope to see you back here in the future!!

Ursula & Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Durham,England
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My partner and I have just returned from three days in Blackpool celebrating a birthday. We normally stay down the quieter North shore area in a lovely 4 star B and B. For a change we thought we would stay more central and was looking for a high standard of accommodation. Perhaps many of you would think that a high standard of accommodation is not available in Blackpool but we have found it in The Redstone. This BandB is fantastic. The decor is of a very high standard as are the furnishings and Fittings.It looks gorgeous. Ursula and her family are so friendly and helpful , nothing is too much trouble for them. The staff are likewise, always asking if everything is alright and always with a smile. The breakfasts are brilliant. The choice of menu first class. It was so sad to have to leave but we will definitely return. This is what Blackpool needs, a high class establishment that people want to return to time after time. Thank you Ursula for a lovely three day break as well as your daughters and staff, they were lovely. p.s if Yogi ever need a vacation he is welcome here anytime. Thank you and cannot wait to see you all again.

Hi

Thank you . Lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will let you know when Yogi fancies a change of scenery!!

sheffield
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here in early October, my wife had booked it, and never stopped telling me how brilliant it was, and just as she said (she always right) it was brilliant,tea and cake on arrival, lovely room, great bathroom, and shower, really comfy bed and pillows, which are a must for my wife, breakfast was everything you would want, and parking across the road, will visit again, what made it special for me was being with my wife, love here to death, (just being indulgent) but ya go there, you will love it, thanks Natalie for finding this little gem.

Hi

As you now know women are generally always right!! Thank you for sharing your experience with others. See you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I know this is late but I've just joined, I stayed here in July 2011 with my thai girlfriend and I must say what a truly amazing place this was to stay, breakfast was brilliant and the staff were very helpful at all times.
The rooms are to die for And nothing here is cheap , no where else I've stayed in the past any where around the world compares.
Also has a great down stairs bar !!!
Thank you ursula and the staff at red stone, hope we see you soon

• Stayed November 2011
Hi

Its never too late as the saying goes and thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you both again.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel due to reading previous reviews.
We arrived in blackpool before booking in time, so we walked around for a bit, but we got a phone call from the hotel telling us our room was ready - 2 hours early :)
We arrived at the hotel, we were offered tea/coffee, booked in quick and showed our room, this (room 8) was the biggest and best room we've ever stayed in, total luxury, really comfy bed, high quality covers/duvets, fixtures and fittings and a 50" flat screen tv on the wall, you can lay in bed and easily watch it. My partner liked the dressing table with hair dryer and hair straightners, and there is a safe in the room which is good.
The en-suite is huge, fully tiled and again has luxury fittings. The shower is good and gets warm quick. There are loads of high quality towels and the complimentary soaps are nice.
Breakfast - there are 2 sitting times which is an ace idea, not everyone wants to be up and eating at 8:30 am, the dining room is really nice, there is a piano and a grandfather clock in there. The room is nice, clean and spacious so your not eating right next to strangers, the food is nice and cooked perfect, you can see care is taken over each plate.

Check out - unlike most other hotels that need you out by 10am, this hotel let's you stay until 11am, this late checkout time along with the late breakfast option makes the morning of checkout a nice slow process, rather than having to rush everything.

If your looking for a high end, clean luxury hotel - book this one. 10/10.

• Stayed October 2012
Hi

Thank you, you are very kind to have wrote so much. As ever it is nice to read such nice words it really makes my day. Its so important to have feedback. I hope to see you back here in the future.

Bishopton
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I'm still actually in the Redstone, just about to leave for home. If we didn't have a deadline to be home for, we'd have stayed another night.

I think first impressions are very important, I make my mind up about a place very quickly. From the very warm welcome, to the little things like a coffee (and yummy cake) while waiting for our room to he ready, (we arrived well before check in time, but it was no problem) it was a fantastic stay. The staff were all so friendly and cheery, I just loved the place in the first five minutes.

The rooms are freshly decorated, roomy, and very luxurious, better than you find in many big city hotels. A must for me is my own hair dryer, as hotel ones are notoriously absent or rubbish, but no need here, there's an excellent one right next to the straighteners on the dressing
table.

As we had just spent a week on a narrow boat, I had particularly chosen a place which appeared to be spacious and had a decent shower, again, I was not disappointed.

Unfortunately we missed the owners, they were on holiday, but their daughter and sister were very helpful and accommodating, I'm sure we'll meet them next time!

Lastly I'd like to say, try the smoked salmon soufflé omelette, you'll never regret it!!!!

Can't recommend this place highly enough, you've got to try it for yourself!!!

• Stayed October 2012
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Hi

Thank you for you recommendation and I am sorry I was not here to have met you but even hoteliers like to treat themselves to a hotel stay from time time!! I love knowing that my guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they would return.
Many many thanks.

Kind regards

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

A pearl in the midst of run of the mill Blackpool B&B's. from the moment you step through the glass front door underneath the Chandelier you feel that this is something special and it didn't disappoint. The bedroom had gorgeous down pillows and duvet with quality bed linen. There was more than adequate storage space and the flat screen tv was a pleasure along with the wifi connection. The bathroom was luxurious with a large walk in shower, fluffy robes and along with the hair drier hair straighteners were also provided. The cellar bar was a welcome oasis with its subdued lighting, comfortable seating and a good range of drinks at reasonable prices. Breakfast was served in a graceful room the focal point of which was a Grand Piano and the range and quality of the food on offer certainly justify the 5 star rating. This is one guest house I would certainly return to

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
theredstone, Owner at The Redstone, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Hi

Thank you for writing a review. Happy to know you enjoyed what we offer. Feedback is so important and so I thank you for sharing you experience with others.

Kind regards