“They stayed open late to let everyone on!”
Review of The Big One

The Big One
Ranked #3 of 81 things to do in Blackpool
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“They stayed open late to let everyone on!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had horrendous weather and the big one was closed most of the day (Not the Pleasure beach's fault) but to give them their due they opened it for the last hour when the winds eased, most parks would not have bothered. I did have to queue for quite a while which I thought was okay considering a full days demand was squeezed into one hour. It was 25 mins past closing time when I got on and there was one last train after that. Many parks would throw you out or turn you away on joining the queue. It turned out for the best as it was dark and the illuminations were lit. Well done pleasure beach for letting everyone ride, I didn't see anyone get turned away.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
stanley, co durham
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“brilliant”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited without 2 grandchildren age 3&7kids loved it so did we.great day out foreverone.bit expensive but worth it.get there early to avoid the big ques

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Doing 'The Big One'”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well worth the money but if you want to save even more book on line at least 10 days before you visit. My 10 year old daughter done every single major ride in park and was still buzzing last into the evening.

Birmingham
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“No access”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We wanted to go into the Pleasure Beach as our grandchildren fancied looking at the rides before they paid. They are only 10 and needed to look but even if we had paid for them to go in me and my husband had to pay as well and we would not have gone on any rides. Not very family friendly as it used to be!! Like everything else just making money

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Not the same”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Same the weather shut some rides, cant be helped tho. Some of the staff should put their phones down when theyre at work and serve the customers. I walked away and didnt get my prawns!