“A Guest house that knows how to treat it's customers!”

Cherry Tree House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“A Guest house that knows how to treat it's customers!”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I don't usually go out of my way to leave a review of a hotel, but in this case I felt that these guys deserve it!
Booked for four nights this week and had a great stay.

The owners are genuinely friendly people, it's easy to tell from meeting them that they have a real passion for their work and enjoy being in the hotel business. At the same time, the owners aren't intrusive, the give you your own space and freedom to move about the hotel.

I was in the single room, which was very comfortable, with a large bathroom which had plenty of space to move around in. I later discovered that they new owners re-arranged the hotel to give people more room, rather than cramming everyone in like sardines and creating bedrooms out of spare cupboards, which some hotels in Blackpool are famous for!

Breakfast was superb! There was a variety of cereal and fresh fruit to chose from before a full English. I opted for the full English which was fantastic. The portion was enough to feed a small army, but every mouthful delicious. When on a holiday to Blackpool you need a good breakfast to set you up for the day, and keep you going right through to dinner.

The hotels location is at a perfect point between the town center with the tower and the pleasure beach, both easily within walking distance, but you'll be glad of the walk to burn off that full English!

Save yourself the grief of booking elsewhere and putting up with poor service from owners looking to take your money and give you very little in return, book here, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Give the guys a phone, they'll work out a deal to keep you and your wallet happy!
3 Thank JustJames47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed here for one night on the 16th of July, only wish we could have stayed longer! The hotel was excellent, the bedrooms were very clean and well presented and decorated to a very high standard, with good facilities, Our hosts Kevin and Robert were very good and made us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble! I would higly recommend anyone to stay here, my standards are very high!

Room Tip: Book early
3 Thank 186408John
milton keynes
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Can't book online, make a phone call to reserve a room....you wont be dissapointed!

We stayed at the Cherry Tree 19-21 July....a little break to celebrate my partners birthday.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we parked in a residental street opposite the hotel to which the owners gave us a permit pass to park the car on the street for the duration of our stay. Perfect!
We knocked on the door and were met with a smile and welcomed to the hotel. We were taken into a pleasent bar area to sign in and were giving our keys (one for front door and one for bedroom) and also asked to tick what we would like for breakfast the next 2 mornings. Perfect! Come down each morning to a freshly cooked breakfast.....one of the best breakfast we have had in a long time.
We were shown our room which was room 7 on the top floor. Beautiful attic style room that was well furnished and gave a feel of being stylish yet home from home feel. View from the window of Blackpool Tower a nice extra. Bed!!!! WOW! Amazingly comfy and, as our hosts would recall, hard to get out off in a morning! Great night sleep both nights.
Small TV with Freeview.....served its purpose afterall, wasnt there to watch TV for 3 days. Tea/coffee, water provided in rooms.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk to the sea front and 5 minutes to the tower. Great location in the heart of it, but just far away enough to leave the crowds behind.

The hotel itself is without a doubt a home from home break. I have never seen a B&B hotel so clean, well cared for and a lot of heart and soul put into it. Kevin and Rob are clearly passionate about there home and hotel and their guests and without a doubt deseve to be rated No. 1 on Tripadvisor.

On the morning of my partners birthday, we managed to tear ourselves out of our comfy bed and to the breakfast room. Surprise! Kevin and Rob had put up birthday balloons and banners, had a cake ready with a very interesting sparkle/candle flower (that played happy birthday over and over for 5 hours after haha) and gave him a birthday card with thought gone into the card and a lovely written birthday message inside. Exceptional! A pleasent surprise and only added to a great trip.
Kevin, Rob....thank you both so much. Your hotel is perfect, your both lovely people and we thank you again for a welcoming, comfy stay and the birthday breakfast was just amazing! We look forward to stopping by again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank king_well
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We had a fantastic stay at this Guesthouse, which was very clean and pleasant to stay in.
Also really a great location for the town centre, free parking and very family friendly. Breakfast was delicious and our Hosts were so attentive and friendly. we'll definitely go back!

3 Thank ms237
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

After reading reviews on here we decided to book a 2 night stay at this hotel.

Booking

Simply phone call to the hotel and I had the price and had made the payment all in one call, there was no it's x amount but if you book now it's x amount. You know what I mean. I was given the option to pay in full, pay a deposit and then the rest on arrival or I am sure I could have paid for it on arrival.

We booked a family room - 2 adults - 2 children - and requested that we have a car parking space available. *Beware it can be costly to park in Blackpool* so it's worth checking if you can get a car parking space included in the price.

*Arriving*

You have arrived at your destination, yeah right in the middle of the street. Hmmm I think not. But to be honest it was not that hard to locate the hotel. I parked the car and popped inside to be greeted by the owner "Kevin" who kindly gave me the parking permit and told me where to park. Once inside the hotel I had to complete a form which requested my home address. Kevin the owner then discussed the fire exits and went over the times of breakfast and also told me which key was for what. Further to this we were assisted to our room which was on the first floor.

*The Room*

Double bed: which was immaculated presented, crisp white sheets with lovely soft towels on bottom. It does not matter how good it looks it's all about how good a sleep you get!!! Well rest assured we slept like a log, the bed was very comfy and for once we had enough pillows.

Bunk Beds: As the owner had checked with me and knew that I had a boy and a girl he had bed sheets in pink and blue, have to add these smelt lovely as though they had just been washed.

Tv: Decent sized flat screen television with built in DVD player and Freeview - This was ideal for my kids.

Kettle, tea, coffee etc - Full size kettle and 4 full size cups. Well done :) Oh and the kid's loved the biscuits too.

Alarm clock - Not that you need it with kid's but there just in case.

Storage: More than enough for a family, plenty drawer space etc.

The room decor was modern and the curtains matched too, blinds ensured our privacy

We also had a view of the tower "Under constriction" bummer lol - But when we go back in October we will see it

*Bathroom* Ensuite

Nice size for our needs with a stand alone shower cubicle, water pressure was good and I can assure you it was hot enough. The hotel did provide you with soap, shampoo etc but as we brought our own we did not need to sample them. Maybe I should have just taken them hehe lol

*Dining Area and Breakfast*

Breakfast was between 09.00-09.30 hrs but at request you could have it earlier if need be. You were requested to complete a hot food selection order form the night before. This allowed you to let the owners know what you wanted for breakfast, ie No bacon or in our case extra crispy bacon. The staff were more than happy to ammend the full English breakfast to how we wanted it.

The food was very well cooked and not greasy at all, unlike other breakfasts I had during my 2 week holiday, see other reviews lol. I had the full english on both days and I struggled to eat the full amount. The choice of cereals were fantastic too. All in individual boxes too so you knew that they were fresh. Ice cold milk "semi skimmed" was also available.

Options for breakfast: Full English Breakfast - Cereal - Fruit - Toast -

"My son had a sausage on toast on both days without any problems"

Drinks: Tea - Coffee - Orange Juice and Cranberry -

Butters and Jams etc were also provided.

So breakfast was lovely, the table was layed out very well too and the cutlery was that shiny we could see her own faces in it. The room was a decent size, with a nice modern decor and in the background the local radio station could be heard.

*Bar Area*

Well stocked bar offering a decent selection of the more common alcoholic drinks, even had tonic which some well known pubs don't have. The prices were alright and I think just what you would expect to pay at any bar. The place was clean and tidy at all times and we even enjoyed there free crisps.

*Information*

Local information leaflets are available in the entrance hall, but nothing beats local knowledge. We went to pleasure beach and we were given a discount voucher by the owners.

*Location*

The hotel is in walking distance to Central Pier "with kids", coral island, McDonalds and a good shopping centre too. Oh there is a Yorkshire bank at the bottom of the street which is free to use!

* Overall*

I agree fully with this being the number 1 place to stay in Blackpool, over the years I have stayed in some not to nice places, and not only that my family have too. The owners are fantastic with kid's and not only that nothing seem to be a problem to them. They were always more than happy to do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

*Would I *

Yeah I would stay again and infact I have already re-booked to go back down when the lights are on.

I hope you have found this review useful and enjoy the pictures I have added.

* Anything Missing *

If I have to be picky I would have liked to have had Wifi, But guess mobile internet is just as good...

Room Tip: Good Views from room 2 -
4 Thank Robert P
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Choice of room, very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Very clean and breakfast was excellent. Picked this Hotel from previous tripadvisor reviews.

Best thing I did, everything was either great or excellent.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Battle97
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Wot can I say about this hotel apart from Fantastic. Kev and Rob brilliant hosts, advised us the best places to go to enjoy the night life went to Legends wot a great night we had. Sum of our group went to Funny girls and again had a fab night out. There were about 11 of us staying for 3 nights. Have stayed other places in Blackpool but to find a guest house with showers in your own room was great. The beds r to die for so comfy, bedding, rooms, bathrooms excellent. Flat screen TVs and tea and coffee in every room. We all checked out each others room and found we were all arguing about whos room was the best. Now the breakfast WOW no grease, cereals, full english breakfast , toast jam and marmalade, much tea and coffee as much as you can drink. Bar meals and choice of alcohol brill. All I can say to finish is Gordon Ramsey would be proud, will defo go again and again and again. Thanks Kev and Rob Amazing guys. xx

Room Tip: In this hotel they r all excellent
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends