“Appalling customer service !”
Review of Sands Venue

Sands Venue
Ranked #22 of 81 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sands Venue, Blackpool, offers a unique and sophisticated blend of first class live entertainment in Blackpool and top quality cuisine! This sensational gem located on Blackpool Promenade (just seconds from The Blackpool Tower) recreates the feel of the forties and fifties with starlit ceiling, candlelit tables and stylish décor. Taking you back to those wonderful variety nights with outstanding service and exquisite food. Prepared to be indulged! The Venue also boasts a wonderful Champagne Bar and Fine Dining Restaurant on the top floor featuring magnificent sea views and a special seafood and sushi bar! Also a licensed Wild West Diner on the ground floor.
Barrow in furness
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Appalling customer service !”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I purchased 2 tickets for my mum and dad in December to see Chubby Brown this was a gift of time as my dad is terminally ill and was a great opportunity for them to create a memory !! I received a confirmation email with times and the entry process .. Perfect (or so I thought !!! ) on the evening of 3rd may my mum and dad arrived with what they thought was an hour before the show started giving them plenty of time to be seated as my dad is very lame and get drinks ... On arriving they were told that they couldn't come in as the show had started !!! My mum showed them the confirmation email and was told that the times sent were wrong !!! The door staff said i shouldn't let you in but if your quick I'll let you !!! On getting in the show had started !!!! They tried to make the best of the poor situation and went to order a drink ... The staff said that the bar was closed during the show so couldn't have a drink. My mum explained the mix up with the email and the young lady said "not my problem sorry you'll have to take it up with the box office tomorrow" so they missed half the show couldn't get a drink !!! Poor night and not the sort of memory I wanted to create for my dad !!! I spoke to the box office the following day and spoke to a manager who said to email the confirmation and detail my issue ... That was over 6 weeks ago and after 9 emails it appears I'm being ignored ! Very very upset that they haven't resolved this and have totally spoilt a night for my dad who may not get to see another !! Appalling service !!!

1 Thank Maddibrooke1

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“wow !!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

went to the trex show at sands..firstly id like to say we were apprehensive about going after reading the bad reviews,lets put that one to bed,the venue in immaculate food was top notch,well cooked well presented waiter service was also top notch nothing to much trouble,if you don't want waiter service then just get of your butt and go to the bar!!! drinks were very reasonably priced £3.50 for a beer in that sort of venue come on its a bargain.the show was also good very well present and the venue made it a great experiance
many thanks to the staff for making it a great night for us...we`ll be back !!!

Dudley, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“You Entertaining B******”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went to see Roy Chubby Brown Here
We were 50 foot from stage front security and service were top dog, Wendy hated elevators so nothing was too much trouble security took us up trade stairs
the venue is amazing and very very clean
enjoy

Brilliant

gwent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“good night”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The show was fine enjoyed it the food not the best, ordered two chillies and when they arrived they were cold the waitress apologised and replaced the meals which were not much better when they arrived but they did give us free drinks.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank casewilltravell
Glasgow
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Sort out your service!!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I have scored this negatively not for the show but the venue. I love the legends show & was their on Easter Sunday. As usual the acts were fantastic. But the sands venue is awful. Their was a strange smell as you went into the venue, smelt like a drain, to then be pushed into getting your photo taken, just as you've arrived & £10 if you like it! Total rip off!!!! We were shown to our table, we had picked one for 4 people on the tier so paying more but the online seating plan fails to mention the large pillars that block your view, we moved our chairs as best as we could but part of the stage was blocked, in a theatre booking they advise & you should be doing this too. A waitress took our drinks order & we paid our bill to her, 4 times we asked for our change, I have scored this negatively not for the show but the venue. I love the legends show & was their on Easter Sunday. As usual the acts were fantastic. But the sands venue is awful. Their was a strange smell as you went into the venue, smelt like a drain, to then be pushed into getting your photo taken, just as you've arrived & £10 if you like it! Total rip off!!!! We were shown to our table, we had picked one for 4 people on the tier so paying more but the online seating plan fails to mention the large pillars that block your view, we moved our chairs as best as we could but part of the stage was blocked, in a theatre booking they advise & you should be doing this too. A waitress took our drinks order & we paid our bill to her, 4 times we asked for our change, including 2 managers & we waited 40 minutes for change! Terrible service & venue, but the show was great.including 2 managers & we waited 40 minutes for change! Terrible service & venue, but the show was great.

Visited April 2014