“Melrose Hotel.”

Ranked #635 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Melrose Hotel.”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Many thanks to Mick and Sara,rooms comfortable,breakfast enjoyable,they are very good hosts and we look forward to staying again soon,as nothing is to much trouble for them to make your stay a memorable one.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Being from Barnsley the word “delightful” doesn’t feature much in my day-to-day vocabulary but it is the word most apt for this gem of a hotel.

I stayed for one night in October 2011 with my three, very lively, little boys and at no time were we made to feel like an inconvenience or nuisance (as is the case is many places that would appear to prefer stag parties over families with young children). The room had an ideal layout; a double bed in the main part and a small annex with bunk-beds for the children. The style of décor was very impressive; I have paid double this price for boutique hotels which could learn a thing or 2 from the Melrose. It also had a lot of little touches which were really nice & showed that the owners took a pride in their establishment e.g. plenty of tea, coffee & milk in the room not just one per person & good quality toiletries.

I only have two tiny little winges (& this is me being very picky):

1. A bed-side lamp would have been nice.

2. Although breakfast was lovely the black pudding was sliced a little too thin….. but that is a fault common to anyone who isn’t native to Yorkshire & being perfect in addition to always being right we do gracefully forgive people for this common error ;-)

We will most certainly be visiting again & next time I will be booking a longer stay. I realise I’m repeating myself here but I can’t emphasis enough how nice it was to actually feel welcome somewhere & not just tolerated.

1 Thank Trundlecat
Wirral, England
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Myself and my son stayed for 2 nights, and were pleasantly surprised. Perfect location for all attractions, rooms spotless and comfy, breakfast was plentiful and tasty and the hosts were lovely and friendly. I have reccomended this hotel to all my friends, and i will defs be staying here again on my next visit.

1 Thank Amy368
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at the Melrose Hotel for 2 nights with our 4 children, it was clean, tidy and a pleasure to walk into, after a 140 mile journey we just wanted a cup of tea and instead of having to go to our room and make one, our hosts Mick and Sara offered to make us one free of charge in their lounge area, where we could just sit and relax, watch the tele for an hour before we headed out, and also the boys had a coke which was 50p !!!!! not many places charge that. Our rooms were comfortable, my partner and I had a 4 poster bed, and plenty of tea, coffee, in our room, the boys room was just as good and they love hot chocolate, which Mick and Sara had no qualms on giving them more. Breakfast was excellent, ceareals which was self service and we could have as much as we liked the same with the toast, tea, coffee jams etc and the cooked breakfast was excellent. On our departure day we wanted to see blackpool tower we were allowed to stay parked at the hotel, my partner has a disability and found all the walking hard work, so when we were meant to be checked out they allowed my partner to stay and supplied him with coffee and conversation untill I arrived back. On the whole Mick and Sara have this Hotel to a T, they work hard and well together and more importanly they bend over backwards for their guests, we would never consider staying any where else in Blackpool. Thankyou Mick and Sarah for a wonderfull stay.

1 Thank Sarah N
blackburn uk
Reviewed 29 August 2011

the hosts are very frendly and welcoming. nice and clean rooms perfect location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philBlackburnUk
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed at the Melrose Hotel for 3 nights. Our room was lovely and clean, We were made to feel very welcome and comfortable. Breakfast was perfectly cooked. Parking spaces at the front of Hotel which was fantastic. Smashing place to stay, highly recommended. Can`t wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Char4eva
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Nice hotel, very clean and well cared for. Owners are really friendly and accomodating, even let us leave our car at the hotel for a while after we had checked out. Situated between the pleasure beach and Blackpool Tower, it is pretty central and the sea front is only one street away. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple