“A 'Good' Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Rochester, United Kingdom
“A 'Good' Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Imperial is a bit like a well worn pair of slippers: comfortable, but a bit tatty in places.

I had a large single room at the back of the building, and it was fine overall. The curtains were a bit frayed and the room is ready for redecorating. There had been a problem with the cistern at some stage and the tiling giving access to it had been put back in a very messy way. I think the maintenance team needs to take more pride in it's work.

I found the young receptionists very condescending, and one of the barmen couldn't find it in himself to apologise for a drink served in a dirty glass. On the other hand, another barmen was very helpful when i ordered a bar meal and the staff dealing with a busy breakfast were excellent.

Generally, though, at the right room rate, it's one of the best hotels in Blackpool and would be my first choice.

Top tip: don't book through the hotel's website. I got a much better deal through Tripadvisor than the comparable direct quote.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank elni1
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
Staines, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend and was hoping it would be a good place to stay, I have stayed in Blackpool many times and most of the hotels that I have stayed in are dated and run down. That can not be said of the imperial. The imperial met all of my expectations and I would say this was the number one hotel to stay in if your visiting Blackpool. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. All of the staff we met were friendly and offered to help and spared time for a chat. I can not praise the hotel enough on here, it by far is the best to stay in if visiting Blackpool THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING TIME we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John A
Dear Guest

What can I say! Thank you so much for your glowing comments. I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that my team looked after you well.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Blackpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is not somewhere to go for comfort, value for money or class. It is a sad and tired place which needs much work. I didn't even bathe the bathroom was horrible. The entrance was blocked on entry due to smokers congregating like a bunch of revellers. Not acceptable and won't ever be back. My husband and I ended up with sore neck and backs the bed was so uncomfortable. Never again. And they've a damn cheek to charge extortionate prices in their bar and restaurant. They would need to pay me to return and even then I would refuse.. Bloody awful. This is so upsetting as this was a present from my husband.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Carol C
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies that on this occasion you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I am sorry that you have not left the Hotel with the special memories you should have done.

I do hope that if you are in the area again, you will consider staying with us again.

With kindest regards

Marbella, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed there 2 nights enjoying the included in the price indoor swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.

The bed was more confortable than it looked.

Beach front and well located.

Free parking or at least they didn't charge me for it.

Flat screen and free wifi.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank EnriqueGarci
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to enjoy the facilties we have to offer.

I hope when you are next in the area, you will stay with us again.

With Kind regards

Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I arrived at the hotel through the main entrance and was greeted by a very warm, clean and friendly reception. Upon check-in the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, they knew exactly what they were talking about there was nothing too much for them to do. The room was clean and warm, with a lovely spotless bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, although the blanket would be better if it was slightly larger as it only reached the edge of the bed... The Leisure facilities were very clean & tidy. I would certainly recommend staying here the overall experience is fantastic and based right on the seafront it's even better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Buxtonr
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment. I was delighted that you were well looked after during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

With kind regards

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Once again I cannot thank the staff enough for their attentive service during my two night stay.
I would particularly like to thank Louise on reception for her warm welcome also Andrew and Alastair in the restaurant for the 'extra mile' they went to, to make our stay so much more enjoyable.
This was a special birthday weekend for my partner and we felt that, once again, we were made to feel really special.
We are really looking forward to our next stay at Christmas and feel that the level of customer service is exceptional. We had a really, really spacious room and found the meals equally as good as in other visits.
Very well done to all and all I can say is Thank You

Room Tip: Worth paying for an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colint_stuartd
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am pleased that once again the team pulled out all the stops to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

with kindest regards

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Imperial. The location is within easy walking distance of the shopping centre. Easy to park. We were on a DBB deal which included house wine and I felt that the price we paid was good value. The food in the restaurant was very good and the service friendly.
We paid extra for a premium room but I don't think we would bother again: the standard room has everything you need. The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were also an added bonus.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda H
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next planning on visiting the area.