“Excellent new year break”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed again over new year..our 7th in a row..excellent from start to finish..checked in on sat 28th dec..reception staff were fantastic as usual and had us sorted in minutes.
The pool and spa area are great..it's a shame some parents don't teach there children manors..but that's not the hotels fault!,
Restaurant fantastic as usual plenty choice for evening meal staff were always around and service was pretty quick but never rushed..breakfast is all self serve and is lovely..
Rooms we had 209 which is a family on the side plenty space for hanging clothes and draws and room 315 sea view nice and big bathroom spacious one small complaint was that the window in the bedroom didn't open which would have been nice as the rooms as very warm at times
The New Year's Eve party was as always fantastic TAZZ is a real asset and gets everyone involved plenty for the kids,teens,adults and older...it's always a shame when the clock strikes one and the party is over.
Overall it's a brilliant hotel..i could list the staff who really do go out their way to make you welcome buti won't just incase I miss anyone one out..but I will say Matthew and Andrew in the restaurants and wonderful,Hayley on reception and Vickie on reservation and Alison the manger out did them selves again this year...Already booked in for next new year..and looking forward to going back in February .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank thehuddstribe
There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent 3 days at the Imperial between Christmas and New Year. Booked via a comparison website, the rate was not cheap but suited our budget.

Our first disappointment on arriving at the hotel at 2pm on Saturday was that the extensive car park was absolutely full, and we had to park on a side street about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. We left our car there (checking on it each day) because we found that the hotel imposed a parking charge of 3.50 per night, assuming of course that spaces were available !

We have used the Imperial on 2 previous occasions. Last time it was operated by Barceló; now it is under the ownership of Puma. Whilst the decor is becoming a little faded, the bedrooms and public areas are quite adequate. The historic bar area is much too small to cater for a full hotel, with very limited seating available. Drinks could be carried through to seating in the large reception area, but this area is much to cold to sit comfortably in Winter.

We only ate in the restaurant one evening, and were a little disappointed that it was a self-serve carvery (apparently because the hotel was full), although the food was good and kept reasonably warm. Breakfast is also self-service, the only issue being that it became very busy between 9 and 10am, with queuing for tables being necessary. Choice of food (hot and cold) was extensive. Staff we encountered throughout the hotel were pleasant, polite and helpful.

Room Tip: During the wet & windy winter months, choose a room without a sea view to avoid the wind rattlin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin C
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us, and I am sorry that you found parking a little difficult. I was pleased that all my team looked after you well.

I do hope that when you are next planning a visit to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 days over the New Year period.

We arrived very early, at around 11am and the hotel had no problem at all taking (all!) our luggage for us. We got back at around 2.30 and were shown to our room (where our luggage was waiting for us). You can imagine our excitement when we opened the door and found it was the Presidential Suite. It was massive, lovely, clean and welcoming. A bed was set up in the lounge area (3 piece suite, table and dining table and chairs) for our daughter, which she was very excited about! A little Christmas tree was up. What a lovely touch.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was great too - a massive bath and a separate walk in shower. Toiletries were replaced daily.

We opted for Room Only - which was a shame as once we'd sampled the breakfast (on our 3rd morning there) - it was much nicer than the ones we had out!!! If we stay again, I'll be sure to book on a B&B basis.

All the staff were really helpful and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

It was great to park the car up and not have to worry about it (I think the the 3.50 charge is very reasonable) - the tram/bus stops are right outside the hotel and get you to the main part of town in minutes.

If we return to Blackpool, it'll definitely be the Imperial we stay at.

Room Tip: If you're lucky enough to get room 118, you'll have no complaints! :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vikki W

Dear Guest

Thank you for your glowing review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and my team catered for you well. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I do hope that you will return to the Hotel in the near future, and I look forward to meeting you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed between Christmas and New Year and found the Imperial to be perfect in every way! Our room was superb and was large and very comfortable. It was spotlessly clean and had everything that we could wish for. Breakfast was superb and had everything that you could wish for. The quality of food was very high and the chef (Phillip) cooked it to perfection. Dinner was an excellent carvery and had a brilliant choice of delicious food. The staff are incredible. I have never found such friendly hotel staff and all had a 'can do' approach. The service was faultless and we felt really valued as guests. I have huge huge praise for the Imperial. It has an amazing heritage and with such a brilliant team and facilities, we can't wait to return! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It is always a pleasure when our guests fully appreciate the grandeur of the Hotel and the special charm it has. I was pleased to learn that the team looked after you well.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Our visit to the imperial hotel was overall satisfactory. The room we stayed in was clean but outdated. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to the tower which is ideal and also situated at the quieter part of Blackpool.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lau21W

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went for a two day festive break at the Imperial Hotel in Blackpool just before New Year.
It is a large Hotel on the front and only a ten minute walk to the town centre.
It is advertised as a four star Hotel but I think more of a three star Hotel really due to the need to refurbish it to modern day standards.
It is sadly a bit dated throughout the Hotel but did not put us off having a nice stay for the price we. paid.
The staff are excellent and very attentive indeed. The room was comfortable and we slept well.
At the restaurant the breakfast was superb and plentiful.
The evening meal was also very good too.
The Spa area was very nice as well where one can have a swim or relax in the steam room/sauna or Jaccuzi.
All in all we had a very pleasent stay.

The lobby area could have been warmer than it was when were sitting down in it and sometimes the radiators were hardly warm.
The spa area was very nice to chill out in or have a swim or relax in the jaccuzi or steam room.
All in all not a bad stay.

Room Tip: A area view is better.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JeffreyDaniels

Dear Mr Daniels

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I was delighted that you were able to enjoy all the facilities the Hotel has to offer, and I am pleased that my team looked after you well. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fotunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel when you are next planning a visit to the area.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We spent xmas at the Imperial with family, had a fantastic stay. Room was excellent, staff were first class, nothing was to much trouble. Leisure facilities were very good, clean and tidy. Our overall stay was EXCELLENT we will return, just like to wish everyone at the Imperial all the Best for 2014
Mark & Laura Ellis

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank secondhom
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest

I was so pleased that we were able to make your Christmas special for you, and I have passed your kind regards on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.