“Enjoyable stay,except......”

Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Garford, null, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay,except......”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

After battling our way through the smokers at the front entrance,we entered a grand,if a little tired building.We checked in to a very efficient receptionist and made our way to our room and once again a little tired,but everything clean and tidy.
After a good nights sleep,we noticed the towel rail in the bathroom was cold,and the towels damp from the night before.I mentioned this to the housekeeping staff,she immediately contacted maintenance and we were told they would look into it.We returned later that evening in a bit of a rush to go back out,not checking the towel rail,and not realizing until the next morning it was still cold.I did mention this to reception,but they said they had no knowledge of the problem,so obviously a breakdown in internal communications.There were apologies at reception but damp towels on a cold wet weekend in Blackpool are not to be recommended.
Staff were very polite and efficient,especially the breakfast manager who did a sterling job with some quite rude guests.
Hotel was very noisy late on Saturday night,maybe a few signs asking guests to be considerate would not be out of place.
Overall we enjoyed our weekend at the Imperial,and we would stay here again,making sure we arrived early to guarantee a car parking spot.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tim M
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with, but please accept my sincere apologies for the breakdown in communiation over the towel rail. I am sorry that you were disturbed by some inconsiderate guests returning to their rooms, we do always try to keep noise down to a minimum. We do try to keep the smokers from the front porch and encourage them to use the terrace area.

I do hope that when you are next in the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We arrived, check in was hassle free. The room was huge, decor was dated but it was comfy and warm, probably because you couldn't turn the heating down...no controls on the radiators.
I booked a sea view and it didn't disappoint, three huge windows to stare out of.
Dinner in the restaurant was really really good. The food was excellent. It felt as though you were in Downton Abbey. Old fashioned but just fabulous!!
Hubby loved it.
Drinks wise it was ridiculously expensive, the house wine was grim but still ;£16.00 per bottle was a crazy price for what was a £3.00 bottle at best. £4.25 for a pint of lager!! Hubby was unimpressed!!
Lots of room for updating and improvements but I loved this hotel simply for the food and sea view. Staff were lovely and helpful.
I paid over £100 so improvements are needed. Overall we had a good stay, but chatting to other guests the rooms were an issue for them.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeatherMcdonagh2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. In order to cover the points you have raised, I have taken the liberty of writing to you direct.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just returned from spending a weekend at this hotel. My husband and I stayed there for we attended a charity ball which was held on Saturday evening.

The hotel looked fantastic on arrival, BUT once I got to the room I realised that the building needed lots of money to be spent on it. Heating was going off and on throughout our stay. Considering its in the middle of winter and wet and windy outside you would hope a warm room and bath towel rail working in the bathroom. The bathroom tiles were damaged on wall and had been patched up many times the bath rail to help getting in /out of the bath you wouldn't be able to use for not secure! Throughout the building the decor was all very tatty.

The staff were very pleasant and the food was acceptable.

I can't believe they charged a daily rate of £3.50 to park in hotel carpark.

1 Thank Sue R
Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a disappointing stay with us. I have taken the liberty of writing to you direct.

Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in to this hotel as we are attending a function over the weekend. I have read the reviews as was a little concerned over what sort of state the pkace would be in.
Check in went smoothly and the receptionists were very friendly. When we got to our room it wax very cold and had a sewage smell in it! Went to reception and the duty manager changed our room without any problem. The new room has recently been decorated, she told me. Well if thisroom had recently been decorated then they should not have paid the bill, the wall paper is coming off the wall! Going into the bathrooom its states be careful tne towell rail is hot ( no its stone cold and again I will have too complain).
Upon checking in I noticed a sign informing me that there is a charge of £3.50 a day for parking, the first time I have had to pay to park in a hotel car park, this in includes places like Toronto and London!
The place is in serious need of a refurbishment and move into to the 21st century.
If I was asked I would not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank malcolm56_12
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was embarrassed to read your review, and offer my sincere apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing.

with kind regards

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel feels like you've stepped back in time (in a good way) lots of character and feels very grand. We stayed in the suites as it was my sisters wedding and they were huge with beautiful views of the seafront. Good breakfast but very long queues if you hit it at the wrong time. Would stop again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne H
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read you rcomments, adn I am pleased that you appreciated the grandeur of the Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

with kind regards

Blackpool
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me and my wifer stay in the imperial for the night to go see a concert, and to also return to it after having a meal there years ago, my wife was a dance student in blackpool soime years ago.

After trying to make this a trip down memory lane and some quality time away, we simply ended up going out to keep warm.......the room was freezing, no heating on until we rang the desk at 4pm, and by the time we go home after the some some 5-6 hours later the heat was still on but made no difference to the room! we tried to have a drink downstairs in the bar but again was freesing so went to bed to keep warm To stop things off upon check out I was asked to pay for parking in there car park (£3.50), and this after paying over £100+ for a one noght stay.. we wont be going back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank James F
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the itme to leave your comments.

I have already written to you direct, when hopefully all the issues were covered.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a two night stay which clashed with Pigeon weekend. Room was good size and clean. Bathroom clean but shabby. Enjoyed dinner and breakfast. All staff were polite and helpful. We would stay again.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, all be it a very busy weekend.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.