“Grand seaside hotel”

Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Cumbria
“Grand seaside hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Another great stay at the Imperial, this time for a friends 30th birthday. This hotel wows me every time with it's elegance, it always makes me imagine how the Titanic would be with touches of grandeur everywhere. We booked a bargain short break and can't believe what good value it was as it included spa treatments, 3 course dinner and breakfast too, all of which were brilliant and the food very tasty. All staff are very friendly and we can't wait to go back again! If you are lunching there, the pizzas are delicious :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoulipops
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you once again for leaving your comments, following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the grandeur of the Hotel and the charm of it.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We celebrated a birthday party at this hotel. We were pleased with all aspects of the service we received. All the members of staff we encountered were helpful, efficient and pleasant at all times.
The décor and furniture is dated but has a charm and grandeur reminiscent of a bygone age, which contrasts with the sometimes soulless ambience of modern hotels.
The Louis Suite where our soiree was held was well appointed and looked out over the sea, it was complimented by the illuminations viewed from the large windows.
We had no complaints about the standard and the amenities of our rooms, and the evening buffet and breakfast were very good.
We would not hesitate in using this hotel again for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room which most of our guests had. We were in a room at the back of the hotel, whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank sabuski
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we were able to make your celebration a little extra special for you, and you were looked after well by my team, who I believe, genuienly care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment. It is always a pleasure when guests appreciate the olde worlde charm of the Hotel, as you quite obviously did.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Blackpool
Reviewed 11 February 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted with a smiling face on reception, followed by efficient service. The room was spotless, plenty of space plus a view of the sea. The food was excellent and we were made to feel so welcome by Rachel, the restaurant manager, who was also on top form ensuring we enjoyed our evening - nothing was too much trouble and you could tell her approach had rubbed off on her staff. We look forward to visiting the hotel again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank John E
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was pleased that you were so well looked after by my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hazel grove
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have just recently come back from a weekend break at the Imperial Hotel with my partner. We made the booking via the Internet with easy breaks.
The price was excellent and included in the deal was champagne and chocolates on arrival and an upgraded room(subject to availability).
The booking was made 3 days earlier and as I had paid for the weekend in full,I decided to call the hotel to confirm the payment etc.
The lady from the hotel confirmed the booking and convinced me there would be no problem getting a parking space as their car park is very spacious.
We arrived on the Friday at about 7.30pm.
I was disappointed to see the car park was full so had to park behind another car which I'm sure caused inconvenience to other residence in the hotel.
Check in was very simple and we were directed to our room(third floor)
Upon entering the room, I noticed the champagne and chocolates we had paid for on arrival was not in the room. A quick call to reception soon rectified the problem.
The food in the hotel was excellent as was the service - in particular Andrew who was very helpful and cheerful unlike his colleague who was completely the opposite!!!!
Breakfast was very well laid out and again excellent food and service.
After a brisk walk into the town, my partner and I decided to use spa facilities.
Very clean and good helpful staff.
The hotel in general was very nice but quite old and could do with some refurbishing - loose wallpaper, cracks in the paintwork etc.
All in all a good weekend
Would recommend the hotel weekend package to most couples.
Look forward to our next weekend break at the Imperial Hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 533ManuelaB
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your comments.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that my team looked after you well. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at the imperial hotel this weekend. We had room 124. They made my 5 year old son feel welcome and as it was his birthday they made it special for him in the the restuant. Went out their way to make us feel at home.
As was a premium family room we had a lovely view of the sea. Room was spacious and very clean.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hinckley O
Dear Guest

I was delighted that we were able to make your Son's birthday extra special for him. I will personally thank the team for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning a visit to the area.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in the imperial hotel in blackpool the reception is nice but a little dated maybe some knew furniture would brighten the place up. The breakfast was standerd if a little greasy. The first room we went in was at the back of the hotel it was truly horrible old damp and not comfortable, we was moved to another room which was better but really cold, the bathroom was freezing maybe this place is better in summer! The barman was really friendly a real nice guy. The spa was also nice it's not the best place to stay but could think of worse

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kaney22
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

I was pleased that you appreciated the overall charm of the hotel, and hope that you enjoyed your time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel when you are next planning a visit to the area.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights in Feb 2014. I paid for the upgraded room (£40 extra per night) which made the stay quite pricey but when I saw my suite it was wonderful. Absolutely massive bedroom and a separate living room with everything you would expect. Like I said, pricey but lovely.
The hotel is very old and the decor is matched to the age of the building, I loved it all very old English with dark wood, wonderful squeaky floors and the look of a time gone by but I do understand why people may complain as it looks dated and in some parts crumbling, but I see it as adding character rather than neglect. The building is huge and personally I wouldn't like it to be changed, It really has charm and grandeur.
Breakfast was included in the upgrade and was very nice, buffet style full English, or Kippers, eggs to order along with all the fruit, and continental style options you would expect. Nothing out of the ordinary but all fresh, all hot and all very tasty. Well done to the waiters/waitresses, they were very busy all the time and served you immediately.
The gym and the spa area was very good indeed, the gym had a good selection of free weights and machines so all types of training was achievable and the swimming pool/Jacuzzi was clean, nice and well maintained. Again absolutely nothing to complain about.there.
Would I go again, def yes, would i pay for the upgrade, depends on the occasion as it does make for an expensive stay but if I wanted to treat a loved one then definitely yes.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a suite is £40 per night, expensive but you will get a massive three roomed suite wit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Craig J
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighgted that you appreciated the olde worlde charm of the Hotel and the character contained within it. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning a trip to the area.