“Not very impressed”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in The Imperial on 15th February, we were in a premium double room. The room was okay , but was not the biggest we've stayed at, in comparison to other hotels in Blackpool . I have to say we have come across a better standard and more spacious rooms from a couple of two star hotels within a short walking distance from The Imperial.
The restaurant was attractive yet the food was about average, and not really what I would expect from a four star hotel. I was not impressed when we had to queue outside the restaurant for approximately ten minutes prior to going in for breakfast. I overheard a member of staff tell a guest that the delay was due to a member of staff being off work unexpectedly. I don't think this information should have been shared with guests, and perhaps contingencies should have been in place to avoid guests queuing for breakfast in a four star hotel.
I appreciate the hotel is an old historic building, but it could do with some work carried out on the decor.
I found the staff to be polite in general.
Finally I would like to say that overall our stay in the hotel was okay, but in general I would expect much more from a four star hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary01143
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay, and have taken the liberty of replying to you personally.

There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hotel was scruffy, dated and run down. Our room was big but there were large cracks in the walls and ceiling, paper was hanging from the walls and was torn off in places. The net curtain were an absolute disgrace. There is no excuse for that level of uncleanliness-they were filthy. I would say they had been there for at least 10 years and not been cleaned at all in that time. Thankfully we didn't spend to much time in there during our stay. Only had 1 round of drinks at the bar (2 people)- £10. Wont be in a rush to go back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JohnDo2014

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. Please be assured that I will be speaking with the housekeeping department, about the issues you have raised.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have just returned from this truly wonderful hotel, and I can't wait to return again. The staff were very friendly attentive and extremely efficient. The hotel is one of the best ..no the Imperial hotel is the best hotel Blackpool has to offer....it is full of charm and character and so elegant ... The hotel manager Alison could not have done any more for us than she did...Alison must feel so proud to have such dedicated staff ..and luxurious hotel ..this stay exceeded my expectations ..thank you...for a brilliant weekend break.....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nickie A

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the moment we arrived at the hotel. All the members of staff were very helpful as specially receptionist Louise, bar man on the Friday and Saturday night,and breakfast manager were excellent..

The room was a large one very clean, nice and worm on a cooled night.

The hotel is one with character but a bit tired around the edges, when you have positive and good staff it makes your stay a good one. room 109

well done Alison

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I will pass on your thanks to the team personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the n ear future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Another great stay at the Imperial, this time for a friends 30th birthday. This hotel wows me every time with it's elegance, it always makes me imagine how the Titanic would be with touches of grandeur everywhere. We booked a bargain short break and can't believe what good value it was as it included spa treatments, 3 course dinner and breakfast too, all of which were brilliant and the food very tasty. All staff are very friendly and we can't wait to go back again! If you are lunching there, the pizzas are delicious :)

1  Thank zoulipops

Dear Guest

Thank you once again for leaving your comments, following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the grandeur of the Hotel and the charm of it.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We celebrated a birthday party at this hotel. We were pleased with all aspects of the service we received. All the members of staff we encountered were helpful, efficient and pleasant at all times.
The décor and furniture is dated but has a charm and grandeur reminiscent of a bygone age, which contrasts with the sometimes soulless ambience of modern hotels.
The Louis Suite where our soiree was held was well appointed and looked out over the sea, it was complimented by the illuminations viewed from the large windows.
We had no complaints about the standard and the amenities of our rooms, and the evening buffet and breakfast were very good.
We would not hesitate in using this hotel again for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room which most of our guests had. We were in a room at the back of the hotel, whic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sabuski
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we were able to make your celebration a little extra special for you, and you were looked after well by my team, who I believe, genuienly care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment. It is always a pleasure when guests appreciate the olde worlde charm of the Hotel, as you quite obviously did.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted with a smiling face on reception, followed by efficient service. The room was spotless, plenty of space plus a view of the sea. The food was excellent and we were made to feel so welcome by Rachel, the restaurant manager, who was also on top form ensuring we enjoyed our evening - nothing was too much trouble and you could tell her approach had rubbed off on her staff. We look forward to visiting the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank John E

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was pleased that you were so well looked after by my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.