“Best in Blackpool”

Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Teesside UK
“Best in Blackpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Played in a chess tournament. Stayed in Premier suite room 126. Fantastic weekend. Staff are very friendly and efficient. Food is excellent. My wife and I just love the place. cannot be faulted. Anyone who does not like this hotel simply does not live in the real world. Excellent we will back next year.

Room Tip: Room 126, the Premier suite is excellent if you can afford it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whiteknight666
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted to be able to welcome you back to the Imperial Hotel once again, and look forward to seeing you next year.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just had a 3 night stay at this hotel, and it was really lovely to stay in a traditional quality hotel, which offers 4 star luxury and service at a reasonable price. Breakfast was excellent, had everything you could want and the No 10 bar is a must to visit for drinks before dinner.
I found all the staff very friendly and helpful and would happily stay there again, and have no hesitation in recommending the Imperial to friends

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Robin J
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

I was delighted that you appreciated the ambiance of the building and that the team looked after you well.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Derbyshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed for one night on 15th February. I agree with another reviewer that the reception area was cold - this didn't make for a very welcoming entrance. The No 10 bar was also draughty when the doors were left open because of the cold reception. But that was all that we found to complain about! The room was adequately appointed, the bedding and towels were fresh and clean and the room, although a little shabby, was very clean too. Due to the horrendous weather that night we stayed in the hotel for drinks and dinner and we are very pleased that we did! The Palm Court Restaurant was lovely. Very warm, well lit and welcoming. The staff were great and the food was excellent. (I would recommend the slightly unusual, but absolutely delicious curried pumpkin and goats cheese risotto.) Once the door was closed, there was also a good atmosphere in the No 10 bar. This is another grand old lady of a hotel in the Puma Group (like the Palace Hotel in Buxton) that could do with a facelift, but I do realise that it would take an enormous amount of money to restore it to its former glory. All in all though I would recommend the Imperial Hotel, particularly if you can pick up a good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phillizDerbyshire_UK
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that overall you enjoyed your time with us and my team looked after you well. Please accept my apologies that you found some areas of the Hotel a little on the cold side.

I do hope that when you are next planning a visit to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have just returned from a short break in Blackpool with two other couples, having stayed at the Imperial Hotel on an Amazon Local deal. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and we all had lovely spacious rooms with large beds and plenty of storage room. The en suite bathrooms were nicely decorated and good sizes. All the staff were friendly and helpful. On our first evening we ate in the restaurant and the 3 course meal was lovely. Two of us had birthdays that we were celebrating and the chef decorated the plates our sweets were served on - a lovely touch. As we were going to an evening show the next day, we were unable to eat there the next day but, looking at the menu , we wished we were!
The staff throughout were friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.
In conclusion I would highly recommend this Hotel for anyone visiting Blackpool - the tram runs from just outside so if you don't feel like walking hop on that though it is well placed for easy access to the Tower attractions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted to read that my team looked after you well, and made your birthday that little bit "extra special" for you. I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel in the not too distant future.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the imperial with my mother and friend, we were greeted at reception by a lovely lady who couldn't of been any more helpful, room was lovely very clean and spacious with a lovely view of the front. Staff in the restaurant and bar were great special mention the Matthew who was very attentive, polite and helpful. Food was great too and a very large selection at breakfast.. Swimming pool was great warm, clean and very relaxed Will definitely be back soon.Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team looked after you well. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I beleive, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Shall I start with the negatives, very cold when sitting in the bars and reception. Big cobwebs hanging in private bar. Bathroom in 328 had been updated, but ceiling a mess, bath had rust marks, and wood under sink a mess. Curtains hanging untidily from dirty windows in room.
Positives: They had tried with the bathroom, shame it was not finished off properly. Our room was ok, clean linen and clean towels every day, thanks. Also very quiet, which is worth a lot.
The food at the hotel, yet again fantastic, no complaints here. Also I must commend the staff, all lovely people, and a special thanks to the Maitre de in the restaurant, cheers!

Room Tip: Like I said, room 328 - no view - even if there was the windows were too dirty to see through, but l...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Voni8
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us once again, but was embarrassed to read your comments on your room, please accept my apologies for the shortfalls. Please be assured that I will be addressing the issues with my heads of department.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of hosting your event again next year, and to meeting with you.

with kind regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a family of 5 (2 Adults + 3 Children). Had a great stay with excellent staff and cleanliness throughout with lovely food. One of the bonuses for us with this hotel was the games rooms. One of which is for the younger end (under 5's) which included soft play are and lots of toys along with DVD player + tv. The older room (adjacent to the above) had table tennis, table football and pool table. To top it off it was also kitted out with 3 xbox's for the kids, games can be borrowed from reception. The only downside to the games room was the location as they were down on the lower floor but not a major headache. If you do go we'd suggest throwing in some spare table tennis balls as unfortunately they seem to wander!!

Room Tip: Possibly a sea view would be nicer than ours which over looked the road at the back of hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the new feature of the children's play rooms, they appear to be a hit with our younger guests. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

with kind regards