“Friendly staff but it's past its sell by date”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff but it's past its sell by date”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is quite nice from the outside and easy to find, a bit dilapidated and looks like the haunted mansion when you step through the doors. It needs a serious face lift and paint job all over. It's on the sea front and a 10 minute walk into town.
The room was alright, small but comfortable although terribly noisy from the guests upstairs and people walking past the room all night, that being said, the bed was comfy and the room was clean. It was lovely to have a pool though, all be it a small one.
We had room service for which we had to pay £5 just to get it delivered to the room, this charge is not adjusted no matter how much you spend which seems like a flawed system, plus, you couldn't charge to your room and had to pay in cash which I have never experienced. The food was mediocre at best, I wouldn't recommend.
Overall, if you are spending over £50 a night, there are far better places to stay in Blackpool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Toni T
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

..........it's who you are with!
We stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend to go to the Blackpool Tower Ballroom for a Valentines Dance. The food was exceptional and the afternoon tea a delight. The staff were lovely - friendly, polite and helpful.
We used the leisure facilities 3 times and found them clean and adequate.The pool is a decent size.The room itself was comfortable, although the hotel itself is a little dated.
The beach is across the road and the tram stop is outside the hotel, so the location is good too.
We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stevegoats
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review.

I wa delighed that you had such an enjoyable time with us, and appreciated the charm of the Hotel. I was pleased that my team looked after you well. I consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

manchester
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed in Blackpool with my husband for one night on the 13th March when attending an event for work. We had booked a sea view room. The hotel is easy to find being right on the front and we found parking to be easy. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was really nice, large with a big floor to ceiling window looking out on to the sea. It was comfortable and clean with a large bathroom and had everything we needed. Room service was fast and good quality and not over priced either. Breakfast was good, buffet style with an excellent selection and hot and fresh. I was really pleased by how good a stay it was and we would go back as a family to stay again.

Room Tip: Sea view room well worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Porpo
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your review, following your recent stay with us, and pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you and the family back in the near future.

Longridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had taken a special trip over to Blackpool to give our neighbour's dog a treat. He is a ten month old Cockapoo and is absolutely gorgeous. We don't think that he had ever been to the seaside before and he had a whale of a time running on the beautiful soft sand and chasing other dogs and seagulls. We felt in need of a cup of tea but didn't want to leave the dog in the car, so we enquired at the Imperial as to whether they still allowed dogs into the hotel. Many years ago we had stayed there with out two beautiful Irish Setters. The staff were very accommodating and said that we could bring our dog in and sit in the lounge area contained within the large lobby. We found a table overlooking the sea. Service was quick and friendly. The tea was good but I thought that at £5.90 for two we could have been served a biscuit or two The teapot was missing its nob so it was a case of burn your fingers to lift the lid to give the tea a stir. The cups and saucers were very cheap, utilitarian thick pot. It would have been much nicer and more befitting for the style of the hotel to have been served the tea in china cups and saucers. I think the price warrants better crockery. Our dog settled down under the table and was very well behaved. We were grateful for the fact that this hotel is still so dog friendly. So glad to see that all the beautiful mahogany has been retained. This hotel deserves to be refurbished as it still has a lot to offer.

Room Tip: The rooms with bay windows with sea views are the best.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angeline H
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted to read that you all enjoyed your time in Blackpool and the tea at the Imperial Hotel. I have taken on board your comments regarding the crockery.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the ambiance of the Hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Me and my now fiancé stayed here on the 8th to the 9th of March. It was a surprise trip for me, but my then boyfriend had emailed the hotel to say he was planning to propose and booked us in for a one night stay with a three course meal and a bottle of wine. He was offered an upgrade but he said he could not quite afford this sadly.

So to my surprise I was whisked away to Blackpool, and wow, this hotel is beautiful! The outside is magnificent and they have made a real effort with the reception which is stunning and lives up to the outside of the hotel. The very friendly and welcoming staff at reception booked us in and we went up to our room.

We were absolutely stunned to find ourselves in the "Churchill Suite", which had a spacious living room with beautiful period features and three huge windows with a view directly onto the sea. The room has a lovely big bedroom with a huge bed and wall mounted tv, which led onto a really very nice bathroom with two sinks, bath and shower and lovely fluffy white towels. We couldn’t believe this was our room! In fact just in case there had been a mistake my boyfriend went down to check and was told they had thought they would treat us. Really touched by this wonderful gesture!

We ordered room service which was delicious (two large pizzas) and was delivered promptly, by another really lovely staff member. We spent the afternoon in the hotel room having been to Blackpool before and because we couldn’t believe our luck! The evening meal was also delicious, unfortunately I had eaten so much pizza I couldn’t manage much of my risotto which was a shame. The waitress genuinely seemed interested in whether the meal was not to my liking, I think I managed to re-assure her it was lovely but I was full! I can’t comment on the wine, but it seemed to be to my boyfriend’s liking. Overall a lovely meal in another beautiful room with great period features, breakfast the next day was the same with a very wide selection.

I short I couldn’t fault this lovely hotel and can’t thank staff enough for their kindness and for giving me and my future husband a very special weekend that we won’t forget. Simply stunning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emily D
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, my warmest congratulations to you both, and what a wonderful surprise for you.

I was delighted that we were able to make your weekend that little bit extra special for you, and my team looked after you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting up with you personally.

Birmingham, England
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Yep it's old and showing some wrinkles in places but have to say my two night stay was first rate value and maybe thats the key here. Get a great rate like I did and you have a lot for your money. nice basic room without a seaview but well heated with good furnishings a big bath and lots of very hot water. Good TV and tea coffee facilities so no complaints from me.
Excellent quality breakfast and very polite and helpful staff. Get the rate get a good stay. Close to be an excellent rating but needs just a little more to get that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank brianthelion
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was pleased that you were able to appreciate the olde worlde charm of the building. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Manchester
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hotel has retained much of its lovely features over the years and was a natural choice for a family get together for my Mum's 88 birthday. We were able to take our small dog with us and the only place she couldn't go was the Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank JeanHWorsley
Dear Guest

I was delighted that we were able to make your family celebration one to remember. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests appreciate the character and charm of this building.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning a visit to the area.