“Excellent short break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Bury, United Kingdom
“Excellent short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and myself arrived at the Imperial hotel at 7.30pm after having booked in at another hotel in Blackpool which on arrival our room was nothing like their website showed. The young lady on reception whos name was Carrie was very friendly polite and helpful and after we told her about our experience at the last hotel found us a lovely room, and let us go and view it before booking it for five nights. The hotel was spotless, and the staff were all very friendly polite and helpful. On arrival we didnt have enough coat hangers and after leaving a message for housekeeping that night the additional hangers were in our wardrobe when we returned from breakfast the next morning.

Breakfast was very substantial and the cooked breakfast was one of the nicest we have had (and we have stayed in other4star hotels) the only niggle we have was we had to ask for tea and coffee every morning. The hotel has a very good spa facility with pool etc. We didnt dine in the restaurant in the evening as we prefered to eat in the hotel bar,there was a large choice of food,which was excellent,and we found the bar to be a relaxing place to spend the evening. The bar staff were exceptional,especially Graham,who went out of his way to make sure we were looked after. We would definitely return to this hotel, but would check if there are any large functions being held there, as the bar can be overwhelmed when large groups arrive.

All in all a first class hotel and experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet D
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted to read that we were able to make your time in Blackpool a memorable one, after your initial bad start. I am pleased that my team looked after you well. I consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

me and my 14 year old daughter stayed here for a girlie break fri-sun we had a great time our room was clean, huge and warm we loved it.
the staff are the best I have ever come cross they are all very happy and friendly
the 3 course meal we had on the first night was amazing as was breakfast each morning, oh and must not forget the afternoon tea it was so lovely
we would stay here again in a shot, and we would like to try ither puma hotels also

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Helent19710
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and pleased that my team looked after you well.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Fantastic Hotel in a brilliant location but it's fair to say that the newness has worn off although it still has that grand air and the hustle and bustle of a busy lobby.

The spa is very tired and neglected but everything works; it does let the hotel down.

Very family friendly and has dog rooms which is great given you are right on the beach.

Bar is well stocked and the food is good value but the staff make this venue. There are better hotels but rarely do you get a better experience at this price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Chris L
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked the hotel for three nights for a business trip along with my wife. The hotel is very impressive from the sea front. The suite was very comfortable and all very clean, towels were changed daily and dressing gowns provided.
The hotel has a very good spa facility with pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Food in the main restaurant and the bar was good with very friendly and welcoming service.
For future business trips to this area I will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony L
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team looked after you well.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning to visit the area.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm not one to just complain but omg I was taken here for four nights as a birthday gift, after driving 6 hours from the south coast to get here we park up and walk in as you look the hotel looks lovely !! Then you walk in the first member of staff on the reception was so rude was hard to believe she was working in a four star hotel, first there was a problem and they couldn't find my booking even tho I had paid in full and had booking conformation. In the end a lovely lady came over told her what to do she could she just how rude she was being and as a sorry they offered to upgrade us to a sea view room only problem first night there wasn't any, but hey free upgrade nice thing to do thank you, we get to the room start to unpack to find dirty cups toilet and just in al a dirty room and so small how two people could sleep in here I'll never understand! March down complain again tone told I'm so sorry not sure why u was put in that room we have a much nicer room so round two next room and yes lovely room!
Next day we get breakfast I ask for a boiled egg 20 mins later egg comes I cut off top and it's not cooked it just pours on my plate rule don't ask for eggs as chef can hard boil a edd !!
Room upgrade day ! Yay sea view room !! What a joke the old room was nicer the room was just dirty broken heater in bathroom windows and curtains all stained ! My partner goes for bath and the paint of roof by shower just falling In her hair !! Then to top it off I have a bath after asking for a bath Matt I use the rail to get my self up out of the bath for only the rail to come away in my hand n I bust my back joke or what
Not happy was told if we went back this year they would make such changes

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lovell84
Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. In order that I may further investigate the issues you have raised, I have sent you a message to contact me, and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Blackpool Imperial with my husband as a joint celebration for our wedding anniversary and and my husband's birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Each and everyone of the staff were polite,friendly and extremely helpful. We stayed on a bed, breakfast and dinner basis. The food was extremely good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jennifer C
Dear Guest

I am delighted that my team helped to make your special weekend, a celebration to remember.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the second time in march. Whilst the hotel might benefit if decor was tidied, it is a great hotel. Staff are excellent and location good. Sea views are fab, worth the extra cost. We had dinner and breakfast and the food was really good and well presented. I used the pool and was very happy with the facilities. We plan to return again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malcjones1
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that once again we lived up to expectation and my team looked after you well.

I look forward to welcoming you back.