“Perfect weekend away.”

Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Manchester
“Perfect weekend away.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had another great stay at this hotel in Blackpool. We usually go in September but decided on an earlier visit this year.
Food is always excellent & well cooked.
Will be going again later in the year.

2 Thank Tony �
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks once again for leaving your review, and look forward to seeing you later in the year.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
Worthing
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just wanted to say a few words about the stand out feature of this hotel - the service. Many of the other comments about the physical condition of the building itself are true. It seems to be the tired out grand old dame of the promenade. Very worn in places. Having said that, it fares very favourably amongst the other establishments in that area (I did a recce as a way of making my business trip more entertaining). No-one looking for five star level accommodation would enjoy Blackpool anyway. The condition of the building aside, I was most impressed by the hotel staff. Having raised an issue about the room I had been allocated, the duty manager, Rachel, went to great lengths to resolve the situation. She clearly takes great pride in the hotel, and took my complaint extremely seriously. So much so that in the end she gave me a free upgrade from my original de-luxe double to the enormous Ambassador Suite. I found all of the staff to be courteous, polite and friendly. Thank you Rachel - keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank redcap328
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

I was delighted that we were able to make your stay extra special, and Rachel looked after you well, as did the rest of the team.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I had stayed at another Puma Group hotel, The Majestic in Harrogate last year. We thoroughly enjoyed it. When we had an offer of a deal on the Imperial in Blackpool, we just couldn't resist. It isn't too dissimiliar to the Majestic. It is showing it's age, and to be brutally honest, the room we had on the 4th floor, whilst having a sea view, was very tired. However, our main concerns wherever we stay, are cleanliness and warmth. We had no problems on either score.
From the very minute we checked in, we found the staff to be professional, and very friendly. Every member of staff we came into contact with could not do enough to make us feel welcome.
We had dinner on our first night and afternoon tea on our second. Both meals were faultless, served by very attentive staff. On both nights we had drinks in the bar, which for a hotel, was very reasonably priced. Our only quibble here though, was the draught. There was a constant chill in the bar which stopped us having more drinks in there.
Overall, we had a lovely weekend. We enjoyed really good food and drink, served by people who cared!
Well reccomended.

2 Thank Phudge
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that you appreciated the olde worlde charm of the Hotel and the character it has to offer.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here in February 2012, and were very disappointed. We stay in Blackpool quite frequently, and thought we would try the imperial for a change. The imperial looks very grand and impressive from the outside, but looks can be deceiving.
Our room was so cold I had to wear a fleece. One good thing was the shower was very powerful, and the bathroom itself was nice, but the bath was short, too short for anyone really.
Dinner was the major issue. We were quite looking forward to dinner. We went to the restaurant and found a very large room, with approximately 20-30 tables. Only two or three tables had people at them, so the room was 80-90percent empty. Yet when we asked for a table for two we were told the restaurant was full? ? To which we were amazed, and questioned the fact that the room was empty. We were still turned away and it was suggested that we eat at the bar. We thought - ok - it will still be the same kitchen - so we made our way to the bar. My girlfriend had pie and chips, which was ok. I had fish and chips - and was amazed with what arrived. It looked like they had been to Iceland and got a fish and chip dinner out of the freezer section. Truly awful. For dessert - ice cream. When we ordered the ice cream we were asked what flavour ice cream we would like. We asked what flavours they had - and they didn't know? In the end we got two bowls of ice cream that you would expect to get at a children's birthday party - not what you would expect at a 'grand looking' hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel. It seemed like the further you went away from the front, t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 999Jonathan999
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Jonathan, thanks for commenting on Tripadvisor, it's always good to hear our guests experiences. I was not at the hotel in February 2012 and would like to think you'd have a great time if you returned. Our fish and chip supper is superb! Local fish, freshly battered, just as it should be. I hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the future, Alison
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Bought trip on travelzoo and very pleased with price as dinner and afternoon tea included.
The room although at back of hotel with view of roof not great the bed was so comfortable , excellent sleep had.
Bathroom indeed of updating and couple of little issues , but great location to walk into town

2 Thank Stephanie M
Dear Guest, so glad you enjoyed your stay, and you're right the location is just perfect isn't it? We're continually re-decorating the hotel and room care is our biggest priority, all rooms will benefit from some re-decorating this year and I hope you'll enjoy many more visits with us.

With kind regards, Alison
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not 4 star luxury!! Web site not a true reflection of state of repair . Needs a lot of basic refurbishment inside and out. Very overpriced for old and tired double room at £120 for 1 night stay .I doubt whether Prime Ministers would stay now !!

1 Thank Mijas1
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you did not feel you had value for money on your recent stay with us.

I really would appreciate the opportunity to investigate your issues further, and if you could contact me on a.gilmore@pumahotels.co.uk, we can over the problems.

Blackpool
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked the hotel for a 1 night stay for my boyfriends birthday, we were heading to Blackpool to celebrate a friends birthday so I thought I'd treat us to a nice hotel. We paid £100 for a one night stay with breakfast and afternoon tea.

When we arrived we got given our room and when we asked if we had a sea view we were told we'd just paid for a standard room so no, the hotel was full so not option of changing. On getting into our room the view was of the vents and roof of part of the hotel. The room itself was small and very tired looking. Definitely in need of a refurb. The bed was comfy but the soundproofing was very poor and could quite clearly hear everyone walking past the door and the cleaners in the morning. The kettle provided in the room was filthy inside, we let reception know and it was replaced promptly but was still fairly dirty.

When we arrived for breakfast we asked if we could have a table with a sea view but were laughed at and told they were very busy so no, no offer for us to wait for a table to become vacant. Breakfast was ok but again the cutlery, cups, plates etc were not clean. Again, when mentioned they were replaced but for a 4 star hotel I was disappointed that they were dirty to start with.

We used the leisure facilities too and, again, found them quite tired and not particularly clean.

The afternoon tea was ok but again, cups etc were not clean.

Overall I was very disappointed with our stay. The pictures on the website were very deceiving and the whole hotel is tired looking and could do with an refurb. I think dirty plates etc are not acceptable in a hotel that is meant to be 4 star. I have stayed in numerous Puma hotels previously and have always been impressed but not with this one. Most of the staff were pleasant but we were generally disappointed with hotel and facilities provided.

1 Thank Kate L
Dear Kate L,
Kate, I was so sorry to read your comments tongiht about your stay with us last month, and would truly love to be able to follow this up further. You will see by our usual Trip Advisor responses that cleanliness is something very important to us and I'm embarrassed that this was not your impression. If you are able, would you drop me an email directly so that I can investigate how we got this so wrong for you. My email address is a.gilmore@pumahotels.co.uk. With apologies, and thanks, Alison