“Many positives but it deserves money spending on it.”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
“Many positives but it deserves money spending on it.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our second stay here in a deluxe room. Slept really well as the bed was huge and so comfy.
Nice toiletries, towels and dressing gowns. The Number 10 bar is run by 2 great blokes who are friendly and welcoming. All the staff are friendly and thoughtful. Breakfast and service is good. There is a huge selection although I think they should look at better quality sausages.
This was clearly once an upmarket place but it's in serious need of a facelift. The furniture may be traditional but it's tatty in places and there's a general air of neglect and lack of investment. It's currently undergoing some work so let's hope Puma reads the numerous compliments here and honour their staff by creating the working environment they deserve. None of the negatives would stop us returning yet, but there are better places out there for the same money and it would be a shame to lose this iconic symbol in the town.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank misscowley
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you misscowley for posting your comments. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your comments about the team, I'll make sure they see what you've written.

I agree with your comments about the sausage at breakfast - we are introducing a new breakfast specification soon which includes a new high quality sausage, some wonderful new bakery items and some really tasty cheeses and fish dishes.

We're very proud of our breakfast buffet and this will only enhance it further.

Look forward to seeing you next time, best wishes, Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
Blackpool
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Despite the scaffolding on the outside of the Hotel, which we have been notified before-hand of, the stay was great. Service was friendly and helpful, the hotel clean, the room just what we wanted. Breakfast choice was amazing. Would recommend and stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CarmenBrad
Dear Carmen,

I'm so glad you had a great time at the Imperial. I'm proud of the team and have to agree our breakfast is fabulous! We're reviewing our offering as a company and will be enhancing this even further in the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing you soon, Alison
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here in May , the hotel is such a lovely hotel it should keep it's old look as modern hotels these days are not good . The room 352 was lovely and clean and the housekeeping staff was excellent , they are hard working but don't get any credit so please look after them , Debbie helped me with my cases thankyou and jay on reception was excellent . Thankyou once again for a lovely stay will visit very soon

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Thimblet
Dear Guest, thank you so much for registering your comments on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your comments about housekeeping and am delighted to be passing your thanks on to Debbie - I will be rewarding her with a voucher as part of our in house reward scheme.

Thank you so much again, and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed for a mid week break 4 generations of my family and all were impressed at the beautiful grand decor super friendly staff . Spa was lovely clean and tidy. We stayed in a family room which was spacious and clean and well equipped . Breakfast area was grand with a great selection of food . There was a tram stop straight out side if you didn't fancy a walk . Great choice of hotel much better than all of the b&bs iv stayed in in the past

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lz-las
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your comments. I'm not sure if we met during your stay, but if not I'm so sorry I missed you. I'm so glad your family get together was such a success. You're so right about the location - the tram stop is directly outside and the stroll into town only takes a few minutes - a great view in a relaxing spot, with everything still on your doorstep!

I hope we get to see you again soon and that you will make the Imperial your home when you visit in the future.

With best wishes, Alison
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a short break with extended family and grandchildren,first impressions were a very grand hotel.All public areas were very clean.Rooms although very clean had one or two small concerns which being 4star I think should have been addressed by maintenance staff. Toilet roll holder hanging off wall, several light bulbs not working.Staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast first class. We had a meal the first night £40 per couple 2 courses and including 1 bottle of wine.(good value). We made good use of the spa pool sauna etc free to hotel guests. The hotel bar was quite cosy and always well supported bar staff very friendly and prices not over the top.
At time of visit the front of the hotel was covered with scaffold for repair work but this did not affect our stay in the slightest, even though car parking was a little restricted.The hotel is a little out of the centre (north of the north pier).
Overall good value for money and will use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kavmick
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking the tme to register your thoughts, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with the family.

I apprecaite your sentiments on the scaffolding. There's never a good time to carry out necessary repairs but I have to agree that I'm happy that it's been done as aesthetically as possible to preserve the views and bright airy atmosphere inside the building.

I hope to see you again in the future,

Cheshire, England
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay. This was a break for my81 year old mum-in-law and we were not disappointed. Everything was perfect - friendly, helpful staff, cleanliness everywhere, excellent food, room had plenty of storage space (both for hanging and drawer/shelf items) and mirrors. I could not have picked a better venue and am looking to return, this time with my husband.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shuffy
And we're looking forward to having you back! Thank you so much for leaving your comments Shuffy, I'm so glad your mum enjoyed herself. Please ask for me on your return visit, I'd love to meet you personally if we haven't done so already!

With best wishes,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in room 225 which was well appointed,lovely comfortable bed,double glazing and a sea view..Large well appointed comfortable lounges,breakfast room inviting and clean with a good buffet breakfast as standard.Staff wonderful in all areas,they are all clearly happy in their work and we saw the same faces from our last visit.The position of this hotel is wonderful..walking distance into Blackpool whilst being just far away from the noise and crowds.Our short break left memories of being pampered and we would recommend this hotel to our friends.(I would recommend anyone to become leisurebreak members of the puma hotels as we are.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with double glazing,not because of the noise but because the timber windows need refu...