The Imperial Hotel
US$116
US$101
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$108
US$85
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$57
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
3,507 results
All reviewsthe palm courtsea viewsteam roomthe general managerleisure facilitieslovely hotelcar parktram stopevening mealshort breakbuffet stylefamily roomenjoyable staynorth piernight breaklovely roombreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here for a single night in June 2014. I chose the hotel due to its location, price and 4 star status. The hotel was rated as 4 star, but I would not describe the interior, decoration or furnishings as 4 stair calibre. The exterior of the hotel is impressive and has a lovely position opposite the sea and has a front terrace where you can sit outside with a drink and relax. The majority of the hotel guests were very very elderly and I’m guessing this demographic provides the bulk of the business for the hotel on coach tours etc.

The lobby area although architecturally impressive is fairly dark and drab. The public areas too, seem fairly drab and tatty. The photos shown on the booking websites are very selective and not representative of the form/ condition of the hotel which I saw. The hotel does need some money spent of redecoration with new carpets and bathrooms fixtures. It has the potential to be stunning, if some money and imagination was used. The hotel is best described as faded grandeur. The public toilets on the ground floor were not ones you associate with a 4 star hotel.

Our bedroom was average, and I would not describe it as 4 star standard, but it was ok. It had a nice sea view, however the window had a lock which prevented it from been open fully, and the resulting gap which small and not very effective to gain fresh air or cool the room. I would describe the room as 3 star in terms of its standard, and given the price we paid it was acceptable. The room had obvious signs of wear and tear and the bathroom would benefit from a refit. The bed was comfy and the room had good black-out curtains. Howveer early in the morning, around 6am we could hear the tv in the next wroom which was on very loudly, Im assuming as someone was staying in that room who was hard of hearing.

The breakfast was very disappointing. The bagels were stale, orange weak and the sausages very fatty. The quality of the ingredients/ food was cheap and poor. I left most of the food I tired due to its quality. The staff were however friendly and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian C
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. I was pleased to read that the team looked after you well.

I do hope that when you are next in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is nice and clean,very well run and efficient. The buffet breakfast was very nice with a good variety of food on offer.The staff were very helpful and efficient. All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ARich1965
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that my team looked after you well.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were very fortunate and were given a suite (Room 126) which was fabulous, dining table, sofa and two chairs, separate bedroom, double sink in the bathroom, plus all of the other luxuries (towelling robes etc). Sea views from every window...even the bathroom. Our daughter slept on a folding bed in the living room which had a thick mattress so she slept well.

After battling up the M6 on the Friday evening straight from collecting the daughter from school, by the time we got there and sorted we decided to eat in the hotel. This was an absolute treat, 2 Courses plus a bottle of wine £40. The food was home made and the sticky toffee pudding is an absolute must (if you have a sweet tooth) I 've even got the recipe but I don't think I'll do it justice. The daughter had a mains, pudding and j2o for £10. So for £50 we all got fed with outstanding food. Our waitress for the evening meal was Temaza and nothing was too much trouble, however all staff were, reception, house cleaning, waiting on staff couldn't fault any of them and are a credit to your company.

Breakfasts were good too with decent quality bacon, sausages and a range of fruits, different breads and more preserves than days of the week. There is definitely something for everyone.

As we were blessed with lovely sunny weather and going to see a show on the Saturday pm we never used the spa facilities but looked fabulous.

The hotel is in very good condition considering it's age and they have retained many of the original features. I would have no hesitation at staying there again or eating the food. It will be a weekend we will remember well.

There was scaffolding up following the bad weather earlier on in the year and we were notified in advance. This did not impact massively on the view...look at my photo of the sunset :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlotte L

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy the olde world charm of the building.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

with kind regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Imperial on Friday with my mum.
We were met by very friendly & helpful reception staff.
Our room was lovely. Very clean & spacious and comfortable beds.
I'd mentioned it was my mums birthday a few days earlier & had arranged for a treat for her to our room.
This was waiting for her with a birthday card wishing my mum a lovely day - really nice touch.
We had a great nights sleep & breakfast the following day was fab. Again the serving staff were all lovely.
All in all we had a great time &
looked after so well by all the staff we met at the hotel.
We will definitely be staying again.
Highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Deborah W

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I am pleased that we were able to make your Mum's birthday that little bit extra special for her.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A hotel that has seen better days.

The flush on the toilet barely worked, the bin in the bathroom was broken and the tiling was chipped in places.

I have stayed in better overall facilities for less money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Please accept my apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing.

I do hope that in time you will consider staying with us again.