“Long weekend with the kids”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Long weekend with the kids”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely stay in the imperial from fri-mon.....family room was cosy....facilities were great and breakfast was lovely,staff very helpful and polite, kids had a lots off fun in the swimming pool, tram stop right outside the hotel to take you anywere in town although walking was only 15 minutes, we will be back next year .x

Room Tip: great family hotel......x
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted that you all enjoyed your time here, and I hope that you were able to sample some of the many attractions our town has to offer.

We look foward to welcoming you back.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with my wife and two children as a gift from her mom.

I was very impressed with almost everything in relation to our stay, I'm happy to report that we had no birds keeping us awake and accepted that the hotel had no control over the weather so couldn't blame them for the wind, the guests that have complained about these things really should get a grip.

We had one issue which we raised with reception which was a bit of noise from some of the guests attending the wedding reception, again not really the hotels fault and after all it was a wedding reception.

We were all very impressed with the selection at breakfast and the dinner menu offered a broad selection. Some of the floor boards are a tad squeaky but it is an old building after all.

We will be returning to this hotel as we were impressed, clearly some people were not as lucky as us with their stay but it is worth noting that even the Hilton around the corner has 'terrible' reviews, more than this hotel in fact. I would just like to mention one staff member in particular Tereza who works in the restaurant, she was very polite and friendly and actually took the time to acknowledge our children.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and I will personally pass on your thanks to Tereza in the retaurant.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Whilst we were staying in hotel, renovation work was taking place, however it wasn't really an inconvenience. The reception staff were helpful, the room clean and tidy and the breakfast was very good. Rooms could do with a little revamp but would recommend and definitely will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeDavies86
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Mossley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went to the Imperial for a work function, but used this as an excuse to take my wife for an overnight stay and a day out in Blackpool.

The hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishment and the entire front is covered in scaffolding, which some people might find a bit off-putting. However, I take the view that you don't see the facade when you're inside and there's more to do in Blackpool than staring at the front of your hotel, so I didn't let that bother me. The inside of the hotel is a real blast from the past, with wood panelling and art deco detailing. It is very grand and elegant. There's only one passenger lift in the hotel, which isn't enough for such a big place, but to make it worse, it was out of order and everyone was forced to use the service lift instead. Not ideal.

My room was a deluxe with sea view which was a very good sized room with a massive emperor sized bed. The room itself was definitely showing signs of age, with a little blistered plaster, and I felt the window could've been bigger, but the only real complaint was that I couldn't actually open the window and the room got a little stuffy. The bed itself was extremely comfortable and I was able to have a great nights' sleep - something I usually find very hard to do in a strange bed.

I was able to sample food from three meals during my stay. The function was catered with a three course meal which was very tasty, if a little meagre on the portion sizes - which I expect was down to it being done to a price. I also had dinner in the hotel, where every course was delicious and with decent sized portions and some excellent wine. Breakfast was the usual corporate hotel buffet style affair, but the quality was pretty good. I was given a money off voucher for breakfast as I'd not got the room on an inclusive rate.

I found the staff to be generally helpful and pleasant on the whole, so perhaps I was luckier than some of the other reviewers. That said, I don't expect staff to be obsequious or fawning, so perhaps I'm a bit less fussy if they don't genuflect and call me "Sir" every time they see me.

They do charge a small fee for their car park (£3.50 for 24 hours). I asked if I could leave my car a bit longer than this when I checked out and they were perfectly happy to do that and not charge me for it. It's not the first hotel I've stayed in where they charge for the car park and it's not the most expensive either, but I do find it odd that hotels charge their patrons to park.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay, with good food and drink, a comfortable bed and a great view of the sea to wake up to. A little more TLC and it could be excellent.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view is definitely best if it's a view you're after. You're probably...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope that you were able to sample some of the attractions we have to offer in our town.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 night stay but checked out after first night. Had the worst nights sleep. We were directly below a wedding do could hear the music pumping gone 12 so called down to reception was finally turned down 00.40. Room very dated. One of the bath towels had what I assume is dry blood after seeing a broken piece of glass on bedroom floor. Told reception but told me to put towel in bath. Parking was a nightmare no spaces available and charges £3.50 a day for this. We stayed at another 4 star hotel the next night and was such a difference. Would never recommend or stay here again.

Breakfast was nice though

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank mrsHayleyJones
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am truly embarrassed to read of the issues you had, and have sent you a message to contact me so that I can further investigate the matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I won a one night stay at The Imperial hotel in a raffle. We arrived to friendly and helpful staff. The room was very nice with a huge bathroom and a sea view which I had requested when I booked.
Unfortunately we over slept on Sunday morning resulting in us missing breakfast so I can't comment on that but overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Sea view room lovely but be aware can hear noise from the promenade. Didn't keep me awake though
Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your prize.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Bradford
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We paid 189 pound for a sea view room, when we arrived the entire front of the hotel was scaffolded, it looks like a fortress and when in our room it feels like prison, that's if you can even see out of the filthy windows. Apparently they have notified guests of the scaffold on their website but you can see this as there is a constant advert about a festival that prevents you reading anything on the homepage. The room was large, bare, smelt of old and foist and ridiculously old fashioned. We decided to order drinks from room service but a £5 charge would have been added, no thanks! I've never come across a hotel that charges guests to park there!!!! We did not come across one member of staff that smiled of even acknowledged us, they walked past us in corridors like we weren't there, extremely rude and in need of customer service training. We wouldn't even stay in this hotel for free, get your act together you great disappointment and embarrassment to Blackpool

Room Tip: To choose a good room find a different hotel
3 Thank Livobel
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. Unfortunately, earlier in the year we suffered sever damage to our mainroof, this is the reason for the scaffolding, and all of our booking agents were informed and the website mentions that our deluxe rooms an suites will be affected, I am sorry if you wee unable to read this prior to making your reservation. I am relieved that the scaffolding has been erected with care to try to preserve as much of the views as possible.

I do hope that you will consider, in time, staying with us again once the refurbishment is complete.

with kind regards