“lovely seafront hotel”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 5 August 2014

lovely seafront hotel a short walk to the north pier staff friendly and very helpful, good buffet breakfast with quality produce nice bar area and outside seating with sea views room was clean and comfortable

Room Tip: higher floor for quieter rooms
3  Thank RotherhamJanet
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that my team looked after you well. I am proud to be surrounded by them.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning to visit the area.

Alison

Write a ReviewReviews (3,375)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

First class as usual, staff outstanding always smiling nothing too much trouble, great stay food and accommodation brilliant, looking forward to seeing you all again , Thank you all.our next visit can't come quick enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gordonwross

Dear Gordon

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted that once again my team have looked after you well and made your stay comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Didn't know what to think as a lot of people put this hotel down .I travelled with 2children and my husband and as soon as we walked in it was lovely staff very friendly and yes the hotel is old but it's lovely that way couldn't fault anything only it was very hot in the room could do with a bit of air con in the summer but wwe had a fan and that was ok my children felt very welcome from the minute we walked in its a good location and would definitely return

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank lou2299

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you all enjoyed your time with us, and I hope you were able to visit some of the attractions our town has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from another lovely stay in the Imperial. We specifically choose to return to this hotel, it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Tower and there are bars and restaurants nearby. It is a traditional hotel, but with lovely character and features. What makes this hotel exceptional is the quality of customer service, the staff throughout the hotel are excellent - really courteous and professional. Probably amongst the best service I have experienced globally. The overall facilities are really good, although the leisure facilities are a little dated, it all works. There is a good range of spa treatments which are reasonably priced, the staff in the spa are fantastic too. The bedrooms are traditionally decorated and lovely, comfortable and clean. The corner rooms are larger. The food is excellent for both breakfast and room service. The bar is nice, plenty of choice and the staff are great, really welcoming.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank SJBFalkirk
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that once again you enjoyed your time with us, and appreciate the olde worlde charm of the building.

I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

with kind regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Last stayed at the Imperial 27 years ago!! This time got a fair rate on Superbreaks (cheaper than Hotel Central Booking although they claimed Superbreak site was dearer). This time it was to celebrate my 62nd birthday!!!

Arrived earlier than 3 PM but very friendly reception staff found us a room that was ready.

Went to room to drop bags off. Small room with double bed clean and comfortable. Lack of air con would have been a problem week before when weather was hot but OK for our stay.

Went downstairs for drink in no 10 bar, again very friendly staff on duty.

Main reason for not rating higher was the shower which changed temperature from nearly cold to very nearly slipped when moving out of reach when went hot.hot not very good.

Received letter stating that breakfast was likely to be busy.

Went down for breakfast and was slight delay but nothing like a long wait.

Buffet selection was good and of good quality, partner requested poached eggs which were delivered to table quickly by friendly staff.

On second day, shampoo and body wash were not replenished despite body wash being used up bit penny pinching.

Overall Grand old hotel which could do with refurbishment to bring it up to 21st century standards but suspect Blackpool cannot attract top dollar customers anymore (unless they get the political conference trade back/becomes the Las Vagus of the UK). Real plus is the friendliness of the front line staff.

Will stay again if the rate is right..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and it is always a pleasure to read that our guests appreciate the charm and elegance of the building.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

with kind regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel, along with Blackpool, has seen better days but for me its a historically important beautiful building that is trying to survive a holiday market it was never built for. If you do not want to mix with a large element of Blackpools 'kiss me quick' over weight and tattooed football supporter types with kids you may not enjoy Blackpool anyway, never mind this hotel. If you however you come to Blackpool with some realistic down to earth expectations come and stay at The Imperial. The staff are mostly all lovely and helpful. Full marks to Jay (reception) and Alberto (waiter) and the young star chef who produces the excellent value dinner menu. Even come for dinner, its excellent value. Real star was duty manager at breakfast and later in reception(no name badge). Great choice at breakfast, beats most B & B's hands down
For B & B prices you can come and stay at a hotel built for royalty and prime ministers, dont miss the opportunity

Avoid 3rd floor = noisy
Good deals on Amazon local

The downsides
The cups in the dining room were unacceptably stained(even the replacements)
Cannot someone paint a window without getting paint all over the metal bar(dining room bay window on northern side)-so sloppy.
This same sloppiness was visible in our room too around the bath. Toilet seat needed replacement and no spare toilet roll in room.
The peculiar smell in male toilet by downstairs bar is unacceptable (toilets very good). I mentioned this to a member of the bar staff and he just ignored me and walked out!

This hotel needs support, it would be criminal if it ever closed so come and stay at The Imperial

-oOo-

My reviews are based upon my experience both socially and professionally and should be read along with other comments I have made about other establishments as well as considering all other reviewers comments. My objective is to make a fair comment on the experience I received but my expectations may be vastly different from others, I try to be fair. I believe that managers/owners who do not respond to TA comments have little interest in customers expectations or experiences. Retail is detail, even in service industries. Its the little things that can make a big difference!

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor
2  Thank Acallerinspects
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking the time to register your thoughts, we do appreciate it. I have spoken with the team regarding your comments about maintenance and the toilets and wil action these points as soon as we are able. I'm sorry that the reaction you got from one of the bar team was unusually curt, and not what either of us would have hoped. I will follow this up.

I'm pleased however that you had such a fantastic time and hope you were able to to enjoy the many sights and sounds our vibrant town has to offer.

With very best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The service and location were both superb but room was disappointingly small,shabby and unbearably hot as rooms were not able to be opened. The hotel was tatty and undergoing improvements but the staff were all charming and the food was delicious.

2  Thank 813Sue813
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest

Please accept my apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.