“We dont like the Imperial...WE LOOOOOVE IT!”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hahah! We love this hotel, its Victorian charm, its food the staff the rooms, even the ping pong room! After we thought we would NEVER have a stay in Blackpool, thinking there couldn't be a decent hotel that didn't just offer chips with everything, we were wrong. We had our short break here after watching Micael portilos train adventures with his bradshaw diary (hehe) it filmed him walking down the front and we thought..."where the heck is he going to stay!" then he walked into the imperial and that's when we decided we would have a look and it really is a special place, pet friendly too. The breakfast buffet is unbelievably fresh and hot with an array of choice and the silver service dinner is lovely, you pay for what you get so yes, the food is very pricey but worth it! The gym/swimming facilities are very good and the water is very warm. We cant wait to go back and are saving up already...yeeha!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mugwumpLancs
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taling the time to leave your comments on trip advisor. I am delighted you had such a fabulous time in Blackpool. I have to agree the breakfast buffet is amazing isn't it. We think it's the best around and I'm glad you do too! I dont know whether we met during your stay but if not, say hello next time you're visiting, I'd love to meet you personally!

Best wishes, Alison

There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed long weekend .second visit this year.Love this hotel.Old world charm. We'll appointed bedrooms in traditional style.Food is excellent. Can eat between 6.30 and 9 pm which is not the norm in Blackpool hotels.Two can have two courses and a bottle of housewine for £40 which is excellent value.Staff are very customer friendly . Hotel was full with wide age range. Games rooms for children as well as adult only slots in pool.Ideal location for us-out of bustle of Blackpool but pleasant walk to centre.Tram and bus stops outside hotel.Would not stay anywhere else in Blackpool.

Room Tip: Had basic room which suited us fine.Can have a front room at a supplement
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne C
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Another fantastic stay at the brilliant Imperial. The hotel is a fantastic example of Victorian architecture. It is also steeped in history with Royalty and Politicians alike staying in the not too distant past. Blackpool has suffered with the economic downturn in recent years and to some extent with general investment. With the Political Party Conferences moving elsewhere this will have meant the hotel has had to reposition itself to focus more on the mainstream holiday market. I really hope the hotel manages to keep the balance right and attract the mainstream mass market business but also attract the top end of the market with the Ballroom event visitors etc in order to maintain investment and standards whilst also underpinning the overheads for this terrific old hotel. If you don’t like old buildings there are certainly some issues to be found but overall it offers a great opportunity to stay at a “Heritage Marquee Hotel” at a decent price. All the staff were marvellous during our stay, particularly the reception and restaurant/bar staff. They seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and welcoming – if this was due to staff training – it certainly is working! The food was also pretty good in the restaurant and bar and good value for money. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a fantastic suite as being Leisurebreaks members. Could have done with the fridge in the room working but that is the only tiny issue with the whole stay! Overall brilliant stay, brilliant staff and brilliant hotel which also offered good value for money. Thank you to all staff at the Imperial for making our stay so perfect and for looking after us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hugoodk

Dear Guest

I am delighted that once again we have made your stay that little bit extra special for you.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team, who I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

lovely seafront hotel a short walk to the north pier staff friendly and very helpful, good buffet breakfast with quality produce nice bar area and outside seating with sea views room was clean and comfortable

Room Tip: higher floor for quieter rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RotherhamJanet

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that my team looked after you well. I am proud to be surrounded by them.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning to visit the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

First class as usual, staff outstanding always smiling nothing too much trouble, great stay food and accommodation brilliant, looking forward to seeing you all again , Thank you all.our next visit can't come quick enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gordonwross

Dear Gordon

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted that once again my team have looked after you well and made your stay comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Didn't know what to think as a lot of people put this hotel down .I travelled with 2children and my husband and as soon as we walked in it was lovely staff very friendly and yes the hotel is old but it's lovely that way couldn't fault anything only it was very hot in the room could do with a bit of air con in the summer but wwe had a fan and that was ok my children felt very welcome from the minute we walked in its a good location and would definitely return

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lou2299

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you all enjoyed your time with us, and I hope you were able to visit some of the attractions our town has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from another lovely stay in the Imperial. We specifically choose to return to this hotel, it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Tower and there are bars and restaurants nearby. It is a traditional hotel, but with lovely character and features. What makes this hotel exceptional is the quality of customer service, the staff throughout the hotel are excellent - really courteous and professional. Probably amongst the best service I have experienced globally. The overall facilities are really good, although the leisure facilities are a little dated, it all works. There is a good range of spa treatments which are reasonably priced, the staff in the spa are fantastic too. The bedrooms are traditionally decorated and lovely, comfortable and clean. The corner rooms are larger. The food is excellent for both breakfast and room service. The bar is nice, plenty of choice and the staff are great, really welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJBFalkirk
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that once again you enjoyed your time with us, and appreciate the olde worlde charm of the building.

I am proud to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

with kind regards