“Very friendly staff :) but Hats off to Hayley on reception !!!”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visiting Blackpool for the weekend Friday to Sunday 8th till 10th August for the airshow.

Booked to stay at The Savoy.... But there goes another review.

We didn't stay at the Savoy, so had to search for other hotels. Cutting a long story short we stayed at the Imperial just for the Saturday evening as Friday was fully booked....

Onto the hotel, Hayley who I
Will say is a credit to this hotel did her utmost to find alternative accommodation for the Friday and searched for hotels for us
which was the Hilton. Then booked us into one of the best rooms the hotel imperial had to offer with a sea view for the Saturday night telling us we wouldn't have to wait till 3 for normal check in, and again true to her word we had the room ready for us at 11.20 .. Thanks again Hayley for your brilliant service :)

Room was spacious and clean although very old world.

Hotel in a good location and a pleasant walk to the activities,

Food, we stayed bed and breakfast !! Very nice indeed.

The hotel is very grand but it wasn't to my taste and unfortunately no evening entertainment !! Also the bar is very small for the size of the hotel.

But thanks agajn to Hayley !! She's a treasure !!!

If we do decide to visit Blackpool agajn it will be the Hilton for us, bright modern hotel with lovely rooms. And entertainment !!

Unfortunately no Airshow due to rain !!!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank 504214Lesley
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that we were able to accommodate you for the Saturday night, and that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I have personally passed on your thanks to Hayley and she will be receiving one of our "WOW" awards for excellent Customer Service.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in the area.

Alison

Write a ReviewReviews (3,431)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked our 4 night stay in April having stayed at the hotel twice before albeit 15 years ago. We were advised before we arrived that the hotel will be covered in scaffolding due to the winter storms. When we arrived, check in was fast and efficient and we went up to our room, which was perfect for myself and the 2 kids. I said, I would unpack and then we could go down to the swimming pool. We did but found out that children are not allowed in before 2:30 which was fine, so we went back to them room. I then discovered there was no fridge, but a quick call resulted in a fridge being delivered. The food was 1st class. There was always a choice of meat, poultry, fish, vegetarian and pasta for dinner. The kids really enjoyed it and decided not to eat off the children’s menu. Likewise breakfast had a huge choice and we only saw a queue once. Some of the reports I had read referred to dirty rooms and bathrooms. I can’t comment other than to say mine was spotless, The staff were very friendly, from the reception, restaurant and cleaning staff.

The location was good with a tram stop outside the hotel. We did walk to the Tower on the first day but then used the trams which were good value for money.

If I had to make any criticisms they would be 1. The room was too hot even though the heating was off 2. Some drawer space would have been nice for clothes in the huge wardrobe.

Would I stay at the hotel again. YES. Would I recommend the hotel. YES

3  Thank HenryIG

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you were able to visit some of the attractions our town has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I recently had a short stay in this Hotel and have to say, I thought it was very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always at hand. It is a lovely grand hotel and very comfortable. The breakfasts are excellent and use of the pool was a great advantage for my two boys. I would like to say thanks for the time we spent in your hotel, you made it a good stay for me and my family and we would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Majella M

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team looked after you well, I am proud to be surrounded by them.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning to visit the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I was somewhat dubious prior to our 3 night stay at The Imperial given I was a 'Blackpool Virgin,' and some of the previous reviews, however, we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this statuesque hotel.
Our only complaint is the email confirmation from Expedia advised a 2pm check in, on arrival we were advised check in was actually from 3pm thus having to wait in the bar. This makes sense given the size of the hotel but it would have been much more convenient knowing this prior to arrival.
Despite this one gripe the hotel was in a fantastic location, with easy walking distance to the main sights, quiet on an evening which made for a great nights sleep and clean rooms that were serviced daily throughout out stay. The fitness facilities were great and all staff in the hotel friendly and helpful.
A great stay and good value with it.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Craigybe

Dear Guest

I was delighted that your first time in Blackpool was a great success and you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry you were not advised of the later check in time, this is due to a number of our guests being Leisure Break Members and part of this is a late check out of 2 pm, which does have a knock on effect for our arriving guests.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hahah! We love this hotel, its Victorian charm, its food the staff the rooms, even the ping pong room! After we thought we would NEVER have a stay in Blackpool, thinking there couldn't be a decent hotel that didn't just offer chips with everything, we were wrong. We had our short break here after watching Micael portilos train adventures with his bradshaw diary (hehe) it filmed him walking down the front and we thought..."where the heck is he going to stay!" then he walked into the imperial and that's when we decided we would have a look and it really is a special place, pet friendly too. The breakfast buffet is unbelievably fresh and hot with an array of choice and the silver service dinner is lovely, you pay for what you get so yes, the food is very pricey but worth it! The gym/swimming facilities are very good and the water is very warm. We cant wait to go back and are saving up already...yeeha!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mugwumpLancs
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taling the time to leave your comments on trip advisor. I am delighted you had such a fabulous time in Blackpool. I have to agree the breakfast buffet is amazing isn't it. We think it's the best around and I'm glad you do too! I dont know whether we met during your stay but if not, say hello next time you're visiting, I'd love to meet you personally!

Best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed long weekend .second visit this year.Love this hotel.Old world charm. We'll appointed bedrooms in traditional style.Food is excellent. Can eat between 6.30 and 9 pm which is not the norm in Blackpool hotels.Two can have two courses and a bottle of housewine for £40 which is excellent value.Staff are very customer friendly . Hotel was full with wide age range. Games rooms for children as well as adult only slots in pool.Ideal location for us-out of bustle of Blackpool but pleasant walk to centre.Tram and bus stops outside hotel.Would not stay anywhere else in Blackpool.

Room Tip: Had basic room which suited us fine.Can have a front room at a supplement
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne C
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Another fantastic stay at the brilliant Imperial. The hotel is a fantastic example of Victorian architecture. It is also steeped in history with Royalty and Politicians alike staying in the not too distant past. Blackpool has suffered with the economic downturn in recent years and to some extent with general investment. With the Political Party Conferences moving elsewhere this will have meant the hotel has had to reposition itself to focus more on the mainstream holiday market. I really hope the hotel manages to keep the balance right and attract the mainstream mass market business but also attract the top end of the market with the Ballroom event visitors etc in order to maintain investment and standards whilst also underpinning the overheads for this terrific old hotel. If you don’t like old buildings there are certainly some issues to be found but overall it offers a great opportunity to stay at a “Heritage Marquee Hotel” at a decent price. All the staff were marvellous during our stay, particularly the reception and restaurant/bar staff. They seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and welcoming – if this was due to staff training – it certainly is working! The food was also pretty good in the restaurant and bar and good value for money. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a fantastic suite as being Leisurebreaks members. Could have done with the fridge in the room working but that is the only tiny issue with the whole stay! Overall brilliant stay, brilliant staff and brilliant hotel which also offered good value for money. Thank you to all staff at the Imperial for making our stay so perfect and for looking after us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Hugoodk

Dear Guest

I am delighted that once again we have made your stay that little bit extra special for you.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team, who I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.