“We Loved The Imperial!”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room clean, pleasant and very comfortable. The staff friendly and very polite. The food was delicious, breakfast was an experience for anyone who is a fussy eater, everything I could ask for, from prunes, traditional English, muesli, yoghurt, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, porridge. Dinner was even better, the choice was varied and the staff were so helpful and friendly, especially Rachel in the restaurant, this lovely lady went out of her way to accommodate my granddaughter, this really made our stay at the Imperial a memory we will have for a long time. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody taking their family to Blackpool. Lorraine Liverpool

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LorraineVahVid
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that my team looked after you well, especially Rachel in the restaurant. I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, staff brilliant and very welcoming. Food lovely. Rooms nice and clean. down side no hair dryer, and wasn't told had to pay for car parking with wasn't a lot but just a shame it was only mentioned when checking out, but only bad points. Great location right on sea front and 5 min walk to the north pier.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank adele s

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed you time with us and my team looked after you well.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights, Monday 11th - Friday 15thAugust and had a fantastic stay. This really is a first class hotel - rooms comfortable and well-appointed, food tasty and classy and service that could not be bettered.
On arrival, check-in was speedy and informative and the receptionist, Cassie, was polite and friendly. Check-out was just as speedy and pleasant. In the restaurant, Rachel made us feel welcome and the staff could not have done more to make the experience excellent.
I have been visiting Blackpool since I was a small child and have often passed the Imperial and wished that I could stop there. Now that I finally have, I have to say that it completely lived up to expectations.
My wife and I have a very difficult year to ill-health on my part and our stay was just the tonic we needed.
Many thanks to The General Manager and her wonderful team for a very enjoyable 4-day break.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - it's well worth it
1  Thank Mark G

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was delighted that my team looked after you well and you had the relaxing stay you needed, and that the Hotel lived up to expectation. I am proud to be surrounded by them.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked in here on a last minute deal the night before we were to stay. Myself and my husband thought it would be nice to have night away to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived at the hotel we were shocked to find out that the company who we had booked through hadnt passed on the booking details to The Imperial so there was no booking for us. Having shown the reception staff our booking details they were very lovely and sorted us out with a room. They even upgraded us at no extra cost. Having told the reception staff - only once that it was our anniversary they had awaiting for us in our room a bottle of wine with a card. Couldnt believe it, it was totally lovely. The room was very nice and clean and fitted in well with the rest of the decor of the hotel. We had a lovely nights sleep, the beds very comfy and the rooms very quiet. We were surprised about this as there was a wedding going on downs stairs, so thought some of the guests could get roudy lol. The breakfast in the morning was lovely, all you can eat buffet, with a great selection of pastries, traditional english breakfast and fruits and cereals. All in all a very wonderful stay. We are already planning our next visit, cant wait. The Sharratts x

3  Thank katherine78_11
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Patricia and Marie,

Thank you so much for popping your comments on trip advisor, I do apprecaite it. I'm glad you had such a great time and it was lovely to see you both during your stay. With best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the imperial for a week in the Westminster suite. I was very impressed by the size of the rooms and felt very special being in it. I was also travelling with my husband and 4 very young children. We had the unfortunate experience of being evacuated at 11:30pm due to a fire alarm however the night porter was very kind and helped us downstairs with the children and offered them chairs. The breakfast was lovely and couldn't fault it. The reception staff are so friendly and we had the pleasure to meet the manageress Alison who is also very lovely. We only wished we could have stayed with yourselves longer but due to this being a great hotel you were fully booked. We will defiantly be staying with yourselves in the future. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Defiantly go for the presidential suite. Its a must!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank katedmonds
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Mrs Edmonds,

What a pleasure it was to have you with us for your holiday. I'm delighted you enjoyed yourselves so much and that your family were able to enjoy the many sights and sounds of our wonderful town.

Your words are very kind and I will make sure these are passed onto the whole team.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

With best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Recently stayed overnight on the 11th-12th. Compared to nearby hotels in the area the imperial is a star! For the price we payed we were delighted with the value for money. Even with scaffolding it is easy to see that the building is beautiful. The room was clean and pleasant. We even got a sea view (which is limited due to scaffolding) and so were even more delighted. The food for both dinner and breakfast was excellent. Service in this area is rather slow and staff gave us incorrect direction which was a minor issue. Maybe more of an issue for those queuing out the door though. Staff on the whole though were very nice. Overall, with regards to value for money this hotel cannot be faulted, nor can the food. In certain areas sprucing up could help and a bit more staff within the restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and should we return we will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Jkrlmr2013
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us and the team looked after you well.

I hope when you next visit the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I really liked this hotel. It's a very imposing Victorian hotel and has all the splendor the Victorians loved. It's large but the staff are very welcoming,. The hotel was immaculately tidy. The rooms are a little tired, but due to the size of the place, the upkeep must be horrendous! I'd booked a deluxe room, but I think it was a basic room with some dressing gowns and slippers thrown in. I'd asked for a high floor but we were on the first floor. I'd expected to be on the front, but we were on the side over looking the carpark, and couldn't see the sea at all, but we didn't have the scaffolding so, you can't have everything. That's the only reason I've not given 5 stars. I wanted to use the pool but didn't bring anything for a wet swimming costume, but I'll remember that next time. Overall, a pleasant stay that didn't cost the earth, in a nice area and I'd definitely book here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank LoonyPrune
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and appreciated the grandeur of the Hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.