“Character Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Character Hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A lovely hotel and great service - superb breakfast - good bar menu - warm cosy bedroom with good storage space and very clean. Probably time for maintenance at the hotel - room was a little dated - had cracked floor tiles in bathroom. However, from what we saw this is certainly one of the best hotels in Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We booked at the Imperial Hotel Blackpool in May to take our three grandchildren 13,11 and 2 for a 3 day 2 night stay. From arrival to departure we were really impressed. Yes the scaffolding is an eyesore but once inside our room 124 was more than large enough for the 5 of us. All the staff were very welcoming and happy. The breakfast was buffet and catered for everyone. The leisure facilities were good too the pool, the toddlers playroom only the games room for the older children was a bit of a disappointment but adequate for us. Would definitely recommend this and look forward to a return visit in the future.

Room Tip: 124 Family Premier Room with sea view
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am delighted that you all enjoyed your time with us and we were able to cater for all ages.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My boyfriend booked this hotel for my 21st birthday as it was said to be a 4 star hotel so would be one of the nicer ones in Blackpool. We arrived early and decided to spend the time before we could check in at the spa facilities until our room was ready. The spa was vile. There was mould growing on the steam room ceiling and the seats were plastic so you stuck to them, not very relaxing. The staff were extremely unhelpful, they had booked our massage in for the wrong day and had no slots available while we were there. After our short stint in the spa we went back to check in. The room wasn't quite ready so we waited in the reception for a while. We decided to leave as it became full with drunk swearing men there for the snooker championships or something. We went to get some lunch and our room was finally ready when we came back (around 4pm). Outside our room were dirty plates and cutlery and a beer box full with empty smelly bottles so it was clear the maid was just finishing cleaning. Inside the room stank of alcohol and cigarettes. And I mean really stank. The window was propped open with a toilet roll. Speaking of the windows the room was advertised as a sea view room but you could hardly see the sea and the scaffold all around the hotel front made you feel like you were in a prison. The room was in a bad state, wall paper was starting to peel back and the bathroom looked faded. My boyfriend complained and all I can say is that the staff were very good in refunding us.
We ended up staying at the grand hotel in Lytham St Annes. a beautiful hotel :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Charlotte,

We did actually meet on the day of your stay. I’m so sorry we got this wrong for you and I’m saddened that you felt the need to air your thoughts publically. I hope that in time, you will try us out again.

With kindest regards

Lancashire
Reviewed 19 August 2014

6 ladies stayed in 3 twin rooms - unfortunately we got the worst room! There were long black hairs all over the bathroom floor, the carpet hadn't been cleaned for a while - hair pins all over! The radiator didn't work and the duvet cover had holes in it! Other than that it was OK! The evening dinner was OK the staff were working very hard to cope with the volume of people. We had booked our meal in advance, but when we arrived there was no record of our booking. On checkout the bill for B & B was £40 more per room than we had booked and the dinner charge was more than the £20 each which we had booked. Friends in another corridor received a letter pushed under the door accusing them of smoking in that room - neither of them smoke!! When they complained they were told everyone along that corridor had received the same letter! Think the contents should be toned down! Had a good 'girlie' weekend at Mama Mia but would not stay here again! Sorry!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. With this in mind I have sent you a message asking you to contact us so that we can discuss them.

Blackpool
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had a working weekend in Blackpool and wanted somewhere good to stay.My parents had stayed at the Imperial 40 years ago . It is one if the last Grand Hotels , it's a gem and should be cherished. The staff are some of the most friendliest and hardworking that we have had the pleasure to meet .
Breakfast is superb , but we felt let down by quality of food in the restaurant . My wife had wild mushroom tagliatelle , the mushrooms were like rubber and were left on the side , the pasta was tasteless. We did inform the staff who said they would report this to the chef. Because if this experience we dined the next night in the Number 10 Bar , my wife again had an expensive Caesar salad that was expensive for the quality . We would definitely stay again , but only on B&B basis

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving your comments.

I was delighted that overall we lived up to expectation, the one "fly in the ointment" being the food, for which I apologise that it was not to your taste.

I am a proud Hotel Manager and consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by a team who, I believe, genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at The Imperial with our grandchildren. Everything was as expected or better. Unlike in other hotels we looked at, they were able to accommodate our 15 yr old grandson in a family room. It was spacious and had a side sea view, and his bed was in an annex off the main room which he loved. It is a beautiful hotel with lots of character. Food and service at dinner were great. Breakfast was much busier and we were glad we went at 9am before the rush but that was very well managed and staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to returning on Friday 22nd to celebrate our anniversary - no gran kids this time though.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view or side sea view.
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments. I was delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed your recent stay for your anniversary.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel enjoys a great location not far from North Pier and there is a tram stop nearby. I am not a fan of big hotels as one tends to lose the personal touch but the Imperial restored my faith courtesy of the reception and bar staff. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who was most welcoming, attentive and interested in our tour of the UK. I loved the traditional design of the hotel; the room was incredibly large and well appointed and we were lucky to have a sea view! We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on that. Parking availability was good and we were informed of the small cost upfront. The spa was a great extra; the massage was relaxing and reviving; the pool and Jacuzzi were great. My only complaint, and it is a small one; big suitcases and small revolving doors do not mix well, but I survived the experience. Thank you. If ever I return to Blackpool I know where to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if they are available!
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and my team looked after you well. I am proud to be surrounded by them and I believe, they genuinely care about our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in the area.