“A faded beauty.”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My accommodation had been booked and paid for through Travel Republic. When I was checking in, Reception wanted my credit card to cover the bill. I explained that it was paid for. She said it wasn't and took some convincing even though I had the printouts as evidence.
The same thing happened again when I went to check out.
She was giving me a single room even though I paid for a double. I said so and she agreed. But when I got to the room it was indeed a single. I went back down and she said oh did you want a double. So I got a double, but there was a funny smell and it was very tired. The bathroom in particular needed renovation.
I was only staying one night, so I thought I'd just make do.
On the plus side I did not hear any noise from the corridor or other rooms, despite the hotel being busy.
Breakfast was beautiful and plentiful. The staff had set the room up so solo travelers were at the front window with a beautiful sea view. This was very thoughtful and meant I wasn't left sitting in the middle of the room with people all around.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rosie061
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well, after the little glitch at check in.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Alison

Write a ReviewReviews (3,403)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My elderly parents, myself and 2 children have just returned from a 2 night break at The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool. Apart from a minor hitch with the accommodation I must give this hotel, and particularly its staff, a huge compliment. Yes, we were not best pleased with our initial room findings, not exactly what we thought we had paid for and not fitting the description on the Hotel Collection website however, the fabulous ladies on Reception couldn't do enough for us and ensured that we were all reallocated more appropriate rooms for our needs and expectations (we were actually upgraded to a family suite which was more than generous). In addition, the staff in the restaurant, particularly Lyndsey and Alison made us all feel very welcome and were chatty, welcoming and a pleasant change from miserable hotel staff we recently encountered in Tenerife! Yes, I know the building and some of the areas are rather dated but I think this sometimes adds to the charms. Was I bothered about the scaffolding? Nah, at least it is declared on the website so if it bothers you why not book elsewhere. Would we visit again? Yes, kids already planning ahead for next year. Thank you.

Room Tip: Although there are lifts to all floors, if you have limited mobility maybe suggest requesting room n...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Angela T,

Delighted to read your comments about your recent stay. I'm so glad you and your family had such a lovely time and that you're already planning your next visit!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

With very best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was our first visit to The Imperial Hotel. We were very impressed with the high standard of the hotel, in brief brilliant breakfast, excellent cleanliness, welcoming and professional staff. Original, beautiful victorian hotel. We wanted to stay another extra night but they were fully booked!! Would and have recommended to friends and we will definitely go back! Great pool and leisure facilities.

2  Thank Susan D

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have just returned from an overnight stay in this hotel. Our first impression of it was that it has a nice reception area with friendly welcoming staff. We had a room on the third floor and on arrival, we noticed there was a rather unpleasant smell in the bedroom. My husband informed reception and they were happy to help. The smell in the room had gone when we returned to it. I noticed the bathroom had several broken floor tiles, which did surprise me as you do not expect that in a 4 star hotel. The rooms need updating in the near future. We are usually quite easily pleased and do not like to complain, but were disappointed with our room.
On the plus side, the food in the restaurant is really nice. We had an evening meal with sparkling wine which was excellent. The breakfast is buffet service and was also very good. The staff were also really friendly in the restaurant. There are plenty of amenities in the hotel including a bar, swimming pool, gym and beauty salon. The hotel is about a 15 walk to the Tower and North Pier in a fairly peaceful location. It is not too far away however, from all the attractions Blackpool has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CANADALiverpool

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you were able to sample some of the many attractions our town has to offer.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was clean, the staff could not do enough to help. Felt like home from home. We stayed 3 days a group of up to 12. Different arrival date. Restaurant was so accommodating with our tables. Food always hot together. Every member of staff you walked past acknowledge you. The pool was great for early swim and children in afternoon.

Dear Guest

Thanks for leaving your comments.

I am pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next planning to visit the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here last august for a two night beak before we went on our main holiday to turkey. We payed £160.00 for the break which we thought was rather steep for the quality of the hotel. On arrival we were warmly greeted by the receptionists and they got us checked in immediately. The room was small and dated and we had horrible views of the backstreet. The room itself had two single beds, chairs and a nice rather large bathroom. The room itself was clean but not spotless for example rust on the taps and limes ale on shower head. The room had a range of complimentary items such as tea / coffee, sugar and biscuits and the basic standard toiletries such as shampoo, bath gel etc.

The hotel itself was just standard. They may have been chandeliers in reception and wood paneling in the corridors but that's was it. It seems to me the price reflects the historical references such as famous politicians who have stayed there. The hotel has facilities such as a gym and swimming pool with also the number 10 bar; which is very, very small.

On our first night the lights in our room went out and my I phone charge in the wall exploded!!! Maintain came and said there had been some sort of power surge which had busted my charger and cut out the electricity and they needed to do work. We left the hotel for the day and returned to our room to find the corridor roof panels all removed and exposed pipes and wires which made the corridor dark and unwelcoming. After my charger had blown up I went to reception an requested for the hotel to pay for my charger as it wasn't my fault; the receptionist was extremely difficult so I seen the manager who agreed salon gas we had a receipt for a new one.

There was no entertainment at night in the hotel and I feel the imperial is stuck in the past and is trying to keep its standards and prices high but for low quality. Breakfast was average and nothing special and you had to queue for ages and was crammed into a small room.

I won't definitely NEVER RETURN or recommend this hotel 3/10

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you did not find the Hotel to your liking.

I hope that in time you may consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A lovely hotel and great service - superb breakfast - good bar menu - warm cosy bedroom with good storage space and very clean. Probably time for maintenance at the hotel - room was a little dated - had cracked floor tiles in bathroom. However, from what we saw this is certainly one of the best hotels in Blackpool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.