“Awsome Fiew”

The Blackpool Tower Dungeon Admission Ticket
Ranked #4 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Blackpool Tower Eye and solid-glass SKYWALK offer the best views across the North West of England from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.Begin your journey to the top with a visit to the incredible 4D cinema. Let the special sensory effects and incredible filming bring the history of the Blackpool Tower to life in front of your eyes.Then take a trip 380ft into the sky to the top of The Blackpool Tower and experience the thrilling SKYWALK. Walk out if you dare onto the five centimetre thick glass viewing platform, where you can look out into the Irish Sea and see the famous Blackpool Promenade below you.See the North West of England spread out before you with views over Bowland, up to the Lake District and on a clear day down to Liverpool and across to the Isle of Man from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Took our young grandsons two and four to the experience. It was wonderful, we went as high as was allowed, and view was spectacular, even the little one was really enjoying it. We had a photograph taken at beginning of trip, where you think you are just sat on a couch. When you get to end of tour, you can see the photo, but no pressure to buy. BUT YOU MUST. It is such a good reminder of a wonderful experience. We live in Blackpool, but the norm is not to do the attractions as often. This I would do again and again. Well-done Blackpool Tower We Loved it !!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,497)

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The 4D experience aside which I have reviewed separately - this part of the tower is one to avoid. 2 adults and 2 children set us back £35 for the circus. The venue looked great, the expensive popcorn in hand we were expecting a great show! Especially when you see all the posters with aeroplanes etc outside.
However, what you get is two "clowns" that take around 15 mins to tell 1-2 jokes. My 9 yr old was confused at how unfunny it all was!! The actual circus performers were pretty good but had little exposure - as more time given to the pointless clown duo. The second half took a nose dive. More old jokes and minimum effort routines. Followed by the ring being flooded with water. Expecting an amazing finale .... But got some woman thrashing about in a tea cup - and two women on the side pole dancing. Unfunny, not very entertaining , spend your money elsewhere.

1  Thank TeamMason
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I had a bogof ticket but still felt I'd paid a lot for very little. The 4D cinema is very similar to the London eye film. Quite a wait to stand up and watch. Another queue took us to the lift where claustrophobia isn't an option. They just kept piling them in!! Thankfully it's only a 69 second journey! The sky walk is only one small section of the tower. Very clever and lots of people jumping up and down on the glass. Great views of the tower from this unique flooring. But it was quite crowded. I guess a trip to the top of the tower is something you need to do when in Blackpool. But check for ticket offers as it's not worth £12+ per person.

1  Thank TeamMason
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I went to Blackpool tower 31st Oct 2013 to go into the ballroom with my nephew who is disabled and in a wheel chair and he wanted to go and see the ballroom we went to buy the tickets. Hoping to get carer go’s free I was told that I had to prove that I was his carer I did tell them that you don’t get a certificate saying you’re the carer of the person in the wheel chair. My nephew was told that he had to prove that he was disabled never mind that he was in a wheel chair and can’t push himself. They said we could show them the orange or blue disability driving badge. I did tell them that it was on the car so really nobody could show the badges if they drove and had parked the car. After a 10-12 mins they let go us in carer go’s free and I believe thats because there was a queue. I think Blackpool tower needs to review their disabled policy so if your disabled and go to Blackpool tower they are not help full.

11  Thank rhtsmith
Reviewed 2 November 2013

visited Blackpool for a couple of days and my daughter decided she wanted to go to the top of the tower. the only downside was all the queueing we had to endure - we had to queue for the tickets, queue to get in the 4D experience, queue to get in the lift to go to the top, queue to get up the stairs to the very top and queue once again to get down in the lift. it was a fantastic view when we eventually got to the to and was amazing to see the illuminations from there but I wasn't very impressed with the 4D experience was expecting a bit more.