“4*...if you don't pay full price!”

The Blackpool Tower
Ranked #4 of 79 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Blackpool Tower Eye and solid-glass SKYWALK offer the best views across the North West of England from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.Begin your journey to the top with a visit to the incredible 4D cinema. Let the special sensory effects and incredible filming bring the history of the Blackpool Tower to life in front of your eyes.Then take a trip 380ft into the sky to the top of The Blackpool Tower and experience the thrilling SKYWALK. Walk out if you dare onto the five centimetre thick glass viewing platform, where you can look out into the Irish Sea and see the famous Blackpool Promenade below you.See the North West of England spread out before you with views over Bowland, up to the Lake District and on a clear day down to Liverpool and across to the Isle of Man from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.
lincolnshire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“4*...if you don't pay full price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

As this was our first trip to blackpool we had to visit the tower. it's a beautiful building inside and out. The 4D show was good and the glass floor is a great photo opportunity. It offers amazing views for many miles from the top. We popped in the local shops and bought 4 packets of crisps to get the buy one get one free offer. If I'd paid the full price of nearly £50 I wouldn't be giving it 4 stars.With vouchers it cost us about £23 for our family which is a bit more reasonable.
I do wish these attractions would just reduce their prices-it's a pain searching for vouchers all the time and I had to eat a lot of quavers for this offer....

Visited July 2014
BpoolTower, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackpool Tower, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi helzie8,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye :) I'm glad you enjoyed the views and 4D cinema show. I'm more of a Monster Munch man myself, but if Quavers weren't your thing, I'd recommend booking online in advance, next time :)

Thanks again,

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went up the tower with our merlin passes on a scorching day and views were stunning.

Nature is the best thing about this, looking out to sea and all that.

The ancillary attractions of the 4d cinema etc are just padding really and add no real enjoyment or excitement. The constant desire to take your picture drives you mad..

Hi Slater956,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye. I'm pleased you enjoyed looking out over Irish Sea from the top of the Tower. I would question your assessment of the 4D cinema however. Our scores indicate that this is a fantastic addition to the Tower, with children finding it particularly enjoyable once their 3D glasses are on! There is one photo opportunity in the Tower Eye, I apologise if this felt like a constant desire to take your photo.

Thanks,
Durham, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I visited the tower today with my husband and two children...not been since i was kids. We paid £29 as we had vouchers so we saved money. The views were amazing and the glass floor section the kids loved! It was all over very quick and really for the price we paid i was disappointed! Its maybe worth it if its been years and you have money off vouchers but not if your paying full price!

Hi Lisa H,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye :) I'm pleased that, generally speaking, you enjoyed your visit. Guests can spend anywhere between an hour, to an hour and a half in the attraction. Of course, once you're at the top you can spend as long as you'd like up there (as long as we can all get home for tea!).

I hope that helps,
Bedworth, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't look down!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my nephew visited on the 23rd July, and I'm glad to say we BOTH thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
I used a Kellogg's cereal voucher so I only had to pay for him saving £'s but we only visited the tower eye (& 4d cinema) and the jungle jims play area. The 4D cinema was very good (no spoilers) with the effects and a very cheeky seagull ;) those that've been will know what I mean. After the film it's up in the lift to the top. As you come out the lifts the glass floor is in front of you but for those not keen on walking on the glass you can avoid this by going left or right after you exit the lifts. That being said it's an experience I recommend anyone to try even if it's just for 10seconds like I did whereas my nephew proceeded to sit and lie down looking at the tiny cars and people below. The views are spectacular from both of the higher access floors via narrow stair cases and the breeze up there was quite welcome on such a hot day. Would definitely do it next time I'm in Blackpool

1 Thank Nathan A
Hi Nathan A,

Thanks for the lovely review, and picture of the little man on the Skywalk! I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves, utilizing your Kelloggs vouchers in the process :)

wicklow
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Scarey floor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Blackpool tower is a very cool place to visit. Very easy to get to it and well worth going to. The views of Blackpool are great from the tower. Their is one level which would not be great for those of you who are scared of heights. A large portion of the floor is made from glass and it is a very surreal sensation when you eventually pluck up the courage to stand on it.

Visited September 2013
Hi 2red,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye and 4D Cinema experience. I'm glad you had a good time :)