“Good in all weathers”

Madame Tussauds Blackpool Admission Ticket
Ranked #4 of 83 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Blackpool Tower Eye and solid-glass SKYWALK offer the best views across the North West of England from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.Begin your journey to the top with a visit to the incredible 4D cinema. Let the special sensory effects and incredible filming bring the history of the Blackpool Tower to life in front of your eyes.Then take a trip 380ft into the sky to the top of The Blackpool Tower and experience the thrilling SKYWALK. Walk out if you dare onto the five centimetre thick glass viewing platform, where you can look out into the Irish Sea and see the famous Blackpool Promenade below you.See the North West of England spread out before you with views over Bowland, up to the Lake District and on a clear day down to Liverpool and across to the Isle of Man from the top of the iconic Blackpool Tower.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

As merlin pass holders we wanted a day out where if the weather turned we still would have plenty to do. We chose blackpool, the weather was great, the sun was shining and everyone was happy.
Without a merlin pass the whole tower experience has been expensive for a family. With a merlin pass, it was easy and money free

We got to the tower at 10 to book our circus show. Always book in advance. We were lucky to get the 1pm performance which didn't hinder our eating plans. As the weather was sunny and it was early we decided to go to the top of the tower which I haven't done since the late 80s. We were shown up and were pleasantly surprised to stand through a fun 4d film first. It showed blackpool as it is. We then went up the lift which was cramped full to the brim. The guide explained a quick info session on the tower.

Once at the top we had the glass floor and open views in a glorious sunny day. We walked up the spiral staircases to the open air viewing deck. The kids weren't impressed and wanted to see the glass floor again.

We didnt see jungle jims because it was so hot.

Overall a great attraction that brings back childhood memories but worth buying tickets in advance. Go visit with a merlin pass but go early.

BpoolTower, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackpool Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi laura19817,

I'm pleased you used your Merlin Passes to visit us!

Thanks for the kind, detailed and informative review of the Blackpool Tower :)

There are newer reviews for The Blackpool Tower

Reviewed 26 July 2014

As this was our first trip to blackpool we had to visit the tower. it's a beautiful building inside and out. The 4D show was good and the glass floor is a great photo opportunity. It offers amazing views for many miles from the top. We popped in the local shops and bought 4 packets of crisps to get the buy one get one free offer. If I'd paid the full price of nearly £50 I wouldn't be giving it 4 stars.With vouchers it cost us about £23 for our family which is a bit more reasonable.
I do wish these attractions would just reduce their prices-it's a pain searching for vouchers all the time and I had to eat a lot of quavers for this offer....

Hi helzie8,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye :) I'm glad you enjoyed the views and 4D cinema show. I'm more of a Monster Munch man myself, but if Quavers weren't your thing, I'd recommend booking online in advance, next time :)

Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went up the tower with our merlin passes on a scorching day and views were stunning.

Nature is the best thing about this, looking out to sea and all that.

The ancillary attractions of the 4d cinema etc are just padding really and add no real enjoyment or excitement. The constant desire to take your picture drives you mad..

Hi Slater956,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye. I'm pleased you enjoyed looking out over Irish Sea from the top of the Tower. I would question your assessment of the 4D cinema however. Our scores indicate that this is a fantastic addition to the Tower, with children finding it particularly enjoyable once their 3D glasses are on! There is one photo opportunity in the Tower Eye, I apologise if this felt like a constant desire to take your photo.

Thanks,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I visited the tower today with my husband and two children...not been since i was kids. We paid £29 as we had vouchers so we saved money. The views were amazing and the glass floor section the kids loved! It was all over very quick and really for the price we paid i was disappointed! Its maybe worth it if its been years and you have money off vouchers but not if your paying full price!

Hi Lisa H,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Eye :) I'm pleased that, generally speaking, you enjoyed your visit. Guests can spend anywhere between an hour, to an hour and a half in the attraction. Of course, once you're at the top you can spend as long as you'd like up there (as long as we can all get home for tea!).

I hope that helps,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and my nephew visited on the 23rd July, and I'm glad to say we BOTH thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
I used a Kellogg's cereal voucher so I only had to pay for him saving £'s but we only visited the tower eye (& 4d cinema) and the jungle jims play area. The 4D cinema was very good (no spoilers) with the effects and a very cheeky seagull ;) those that've been will know what I mean. After the film it's up in the lift to the top. As you come out the lifts the glass floor is in front of you but for those not keen on walking on the glass you can avoid this by going left or right after you exit the lifts. That being said it's an experience I recommend anyone to try even if it's just for 10seconds like I did whereas my nephew proceeded to sit and lie down looking at the tiny cars and people below. The views are spectacular from both of the higher access floors via narrow stair cases and the breeze up there was quite welcome on such a hot day. Would definitely do it next time I'm in Blackpool

1  Thank Nathan A

Hi Nathan A,

Thanks for the lovely review, and picture of the little man on the Skywalk! I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves, utilizing your Kelloggs vouchers in the process :)