“Pleasure beach entry fees.”

Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Ranked #7 of 81 things to do in Blackpool
Devon, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Pleasure beach entry fees.”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I visited the pleasure beach a few months ago and the rides were brilliant, I like the dark rides especially and the pepsi max. I was however dissapointed that you now have to pay £5 to enter the place when it was once free. And for while I thought it was unfair to pay this simply to walk around the park, not even if you want to ride. However I have come to see some sense in this. No one including myself likes to be riped off or pay for things that were once free. But the plus point or a good side effect is it deters the anti-social behavior yob element from comming in and causing trouble. The pleasure beach is a place to enjoy where families can come to have fun and there is nothing worse than a bunch of yobs shouting and using filthy foul language pushing people aside or being drunk. That spoils it for everyone it spoils the magic for your children. Its so sad people want to spoil things. It also prevents pick pockets and other people up to no good entering by having this system its much easier to ban known trouble makers from the park. And of course its nice to know your children are safe in the park too.
Yobs who have nothing better to do with their time are not going to pay £5 just for the fun of pushing people aside being rowdy and using foul languge in the park and spoiling everyones enjoyment. I know its not fair that WE have to pay to enter the park now. But sadly with the state of rising crime and anti-social behavior and yob culture in Britain, We hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens have to pay as usual.
Of course until something is done to deal with such terrible foul behavior in this country, then the costs as usual are payed by us.
I do remember the days say 10 years ago when you could just walk in in from the promanade for free, no turn-stiles gates etc, but sadly things are different today.
If there are other reasons for charging for entry, which there might be, then keeping trouble makers out is a good side effect of this fee.
On a lighter note the park really still is a magical place to visit for young and old in search of adventure, fun or simply good time, and we saw no anti-social behavior everyone was happy, enjoying the sunshine.

14 Thank ElCowboy2008

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“blackpool pleasure beach”
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We spent the day at the pleasure beach as usual all the rides are still the same ..went on the wild mouse for the first time in 25years nightmere, old bones not able to handle it ...its now a bit of a ripoff thou getting charged £5 just to walk about.. but it can be a dear day out planning to go in july ...£135 for 3 adults and 3 children ..but i am sure we will get our moneys worth ,,,,also staying at travelodge central ,stayed twice before very clean hotel at good price for family room...

3 Thank kiptic
tinabar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pleasure Beach”
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I would recommend anyone to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach it is soooo good. I went with some friends and had a fantastic time. We went on every ride more than once. We even went on one ride four times because the queues are that short. A mix of rides for everyone.

2 Thank tinabar
Glasgow
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Overpriced Fairground”
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Last time we came to Blackpool for the weekend and swore we'd never come back unless it was for the day, due to the expense.

This time we did return for a day trip. The weather was fantastic and our only hope was
that the pleasure beach wouldn't be overly busy.

Fortunately the Pleasure Beach wasn't too busy, so queuing was minimal (the upside).

Downside was that we paid £84 for 2 adults and a child. No way would we have gone had we known that we would have to pay that much for what is essentially an overpriced fairground.

For £84 the following rides were shut:

Space Invader
Rollercoaster
Bling
Noah's Ark

My daughter spoke about Bling all the way down from Scotland, there were no signs outside informing potential customer's of rides that were closed and frankly £84 is too expensive when rides aren't even open (Attention customer service at PB: Have signs letting your customers know what rides are closed to allow them to make an informed choice on whether to pay entry or not). Space Invader is hubby's favourite, Bling, my daughters and as older rides, I like the rollercoaster and Noahs Ark.

We were stuck on the Avalanche for 20 minutes in blazing sun, staff were all very nice and reasuring however considering the heat, the offer of a drink voucher would have been nice, as we were very thirsty by the time we got off.

We had a good day out, but Blackpool Pleasure Beech is not pleasant to wander around (like Alton Towers and other parks), so the notion of charging £5 entry to look and wander round is shocking. Quite simply it's an overgrown fairground that needs to accept that's what it is, peeling paint and a mass of steel/wood etc, pretty park it is not.

We said we'd never return to Blackpool for a weekend as everything was so overpriced and because there was little (apart from amusements and loud disco type pubs) for kids at night, also the influx of drunken hen/stag parties.

Interestingly it's harder to get into the PB than pass through customs at a British Airport, I
rather suspect this is the PB bracing itself for the yobs/hooligans as that is all it will attract the way it's behaving, families simply won't go in.

6 Thank mashed
isle of man
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“still a great park despite its criticism”
Reviewed 25 May 2009

me and my family have been to pleasure beach several times over the years and always enjoyed are time out there, theres no other park quet like it in uk, the rides and coasters are really high, fast and thrilling, pepsi max, infusion, valhalla, grand national, and ice blast are my faverite, they made good use to the traumatizer wich used to be in southport and added all water features to it, better there then lieing in some shed some where, valhalla is my faverite water ride of all time wich gives you are proper soaking unlike the logflumes that you can find at other parks in the uk, one good thing about this place is that you dont have to walk half a mile to one ride to the next unlike alton towers, this park is also great if your just planning a day trip there and with a group of friends, one thing that i have never done at the park is see the shows to busy enjoying my self on the rides but the shows must be good ones to win tha awards that the have won, thomson family who own the park need to get there act together, thay should drop the charge of the entrence fee and keep it as a traditional amusment park but to include more one of the kind rides and coasters as the years go by, i always thought that there was no point in having three wooden coaster at the park either wich to are identical

1 Thank gazza3