“Lovely!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Go Greek
Ranked #62 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went for lunch a couple of weeks ago and decided to come back again with my parents, we had the early bird menu -2 courses for £10 or 3 for £12, which I think is extremely cheap! We expected the portion sizes to be smaller than the a la carte, but, no still the same generous portions! Try the burekia or the sausage and halloumi cheese starters - yum! We had souvlakis and moussaka both lovely and the baklava with ice-cream and honey is always a must! Also instead of normal coffee ask for a greek coffee then you get the perfect greek end to a greek feast! Btw my dad was being serious about you needing to open up a go greek in lancaster! ;-)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bxx1983

Blackpool
“Great mezze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Having heard good things I was looking forward to trying my first taste of Greek food. We went to celebrate a friends birthday and we all had a really good night. Four of us had the mezze which was very good value for money and even thought it did not list what you be getting there was nothing that I couldn't eat, the lamb that came at the end was worth it!!!! Not a great location for me but I would go back. Great service, great food!

Visited September 2013
Lancashire
“Nothing wrong but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I recently went for lunch here with some friends, they had been several times before for dinner and rated the place. The evening early bird is offered at lunch times and for about a tenner for two courses is decent value,
The restaurants name is a pretty heavy clue to the decor and menu however it felt a little like dining in a Co-op travel branch! I had the garlic mushrooms as a starter, pretty uninspired and bland frankly, a reasonably sized portion of button mushrooms in an olive oil garlic sauce but that was it, no gratin, no stuffing, no cheese no herbs and not served with any bread = uninspiring.
For my main I had a mixed Pitta, to my surprise the Chicken and Pork were served on the plate with a seemingly homemade flat bread cut into quarters and accompanied by a salad. I'd kind of expected a 'filled' pitta and was therefore a little disappointing, this may be the way it's done in Greece but if so a better menu description may be useful? ( no pocket in the pitta? that's a first!) All in all, for a reminder of your holiday, great. For a scintillating culinary experience maybe not. Please don't be put off, do try!

• Visited September 2013
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited Go Greek last Tuesday with our 6 year old daughter. We cannot believe the mixed reviews this restaurant has received . The food was absolutely amazing, the service was second to none, the atmosphere was perfect. A big thank you to all at Go Greek for a fantastic evening, the next time we visit Blackpool, this restaurant will be top of our list.

• Visited August 2013
Blackpool
“What's gone wrong, guys..?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I like this place & have championed it before...BUT... made a visit last month & was really not impressed. I took a party on a Saturday night which saw the restaurant fairly busy, but they seemed to be struggling with the numbers: long wait for some dishes & the quality wasn't up to their usual high standard. Staff were abrupt & clearly busy: but, hey, don't be ungrateful: that's how you make your money: if you're having to work too hard, take on more staff, don't fret it with your customers because they just might stop coming back...

You're not running NASA here, just a simple, Greek kitchen: it should not be too difficult to provide a pleasant service for customers who are providing your livelihood...

• Visited July 2013