“Something different”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends recently, having heard good reports. We were not disappointed. It is situated in a row of shops in a local shopping area. Not where you would expect to find a restaurant of this caliber. It's decorated, obviously, to look like a Greek taverna -wooden tables, lots of vines and Greek music. Having never tried Greek food, we opted for the Meze at £18.95 - a selection of lots of different dishes. They also do a vegetarian version. We had warm pitta bread with different dips and salad, warm Halloumi cheese, garlic mushrooms, tasty kebabs of chicken and pork, feta and spinach in filo parcels, a type of sausage roll, fab roast potatoes with oregano, tender beef cooked in a tomato/garlic sauce and lamb which melted in the mouth. Delicious. We ate so much we could hardly move ! The service was friendly and easy. And on the way out, I noticed the Hygiene notice. The rating was 5. It's good to know the kitchen is as spotless as the front of house. Brilliant.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice venue, Lovely staff sadly an average meal. We chose the meze hoping to be delighted by tasters of everything. Even the dips were loaded with salt. But the service was excellent and the food wholesome and certainly home made. A nice meal but nothing special

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went here for my birthday and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had the Meze and enjoyed it very much apart from I found the lamb shank too salty with the potatoes but the first course (Pita bread and dips with salad) was amazing! Will definitely go back. We went mid week about 7.30pm and it was quiet but still a few people in there, Nice atmosphere also.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We went for lunch a couple of weeks ago and decided to come back again with my parents, we had the early bird menu -2 courses for £10 or 3 for £12, which I think is extremely cheap! We expected the portion sizes to be smaller than the a la carte, but, no still the same generous portions! Try the burekia or the sausage and halloumi cheese starters - yum! We had souvlakis and moussaka both lovely and the baklava with ice-cream and honey is always a must! Also instead of normal coffee ask for a greek coffee then you get the perfect greek end to a greek feast! Btw my dad was being serious about you needing to open up a go greek in lancaster! ;-)

1  Thank bxx1983
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Having heard good things I was looking forward to trying my first taste of Greek food. We went to celebrate a friends birthday and we all had a really good night. Four of us had the mezze which was very good value for money and even thought it did not list what you be getting there was nothing that I couldn't eat, the lamb that came at the end was worth it!!!! Not a great location for me but I would go back. Great service, great food!