“Rubbish”

The Blackpool Tower Eye Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 48 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Journey into the belly of the theatrical Blackpool Tower for the trip of a lifetime; a full cast of brilliant actors, ten shows backed with laughs and frights as well as a whole host of authentic sets, amazing special effects and an exciting drop ride make The Blackpool Tower Dungeon the best attraction for those who like a mix of fun and fear.Take a trip through 1,000 years of Lancashire’s gruesome and funny history and experience the dark and mysterious past of the pool that is black.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Spent hour and a half queuing up to be shepherded in for a photo shoot then further queuing to walk from room to room to be confronted by poor actors supposedly re enacting Lancashire history. Journey ends on rubbish ride another excuse for photo shoot. Then out into photo shop and souvenir shop to be ripped off again. Finally exit into arcade. Ridiculous price don't waste money.

BpoolTower, Manager at The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Good Afternoon Alan,

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at The Blackpool Tower Dungeon.

All of our actors are trained professionals who have been through a rigorous recruitment and training process. We actually get many reviews stating how good our actors are.

Our photo and retail opportunities are non obligatory but the items are there for our guests to buy should they choose to.

Thank you for your feedback all the same, I will taken your comments on board.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Brilliant experience which we all enjoyed as a family. Excellent entertainment that was reasonably priced.The actors were excellent and the tour was both informative and fun with a few fights thrown in.

Hi Lee,

THANK YOU for your great rating and kind words.

We try to ensure that EVERY guest has a scary yet fun experience inside The Blackpool Tower Dungeon and I am thrilled that you had a great time with us.

Please make sure you come back and see us soon.... Remember that Halloween is approaching, why not enjoy it with us..... After all we are 'The Home of Halloween'!

Follow us on Facebook for all of the latest news, updates and competitions where you could win free tickets for a return visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my husband came to Blackpool for our wedding anniversary. The only time we had been here was with our small children so we wanted to see the town for us as adults.

We did a lot of things from going to the circus to going too the pleasure beach but this for the both of us was by far the best part of our trip.

Having never visited any dungeons before I didn't know what to expect. but what an experience. the jester on our way in was fazes by me because I stared her out (ha ha) she said I needed to get a job there as people usually freak out when they see her and more so when she puts her bad breath near there face. lol

The tour itself is most definably worth the door price (we did have a big discount because of where I work) but I would have been more than happy to pay the price on the door.

The end part for me was fantastic, I'm far from naïve and I did kind of guess something would happen but oh my days did I crap my self and still t this day I cannot help but laugh when I look at he photo we purchased.

Well done to all the staff who made this a great fun experience.

1  Thank JoJoAsh

Hi JO,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Well, after the 'parents' had removed their young children who were petrified (why would you take them in in the first place??), it was good. Never spooked, but some good things and poor old Jim, one of the general public in the overall party was picked on by the staff at every opportunity. Well thought up about the history of the Fylde, and learnt something!!

Funny pics at the end for the ride, never thought my face could contort like that with out the aid of a surgeon!!!

1  Thank wazmeister

Hi Wazmeister,

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit,although not with a young child! Unfortunately we couldn't continue our visit as our son was frightened but the bits we saw were brilliant. The actors were funny and played their parts well.will visit again

Hi Hayley,