“Try it!”

Price range: US$11 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I wasn't expecting great things here. This is about as local as I can get to where I live, but I've never heard any of the other locals say that they frequent the place or have ever eaten there. The menu is pretty straight forward "pub grub," at a reasonable cost, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the cooking and presentation of the meal; it was well worth the money. There's a decking area at the front that faces out to sea, which will be ideal for a cold beer on a warm sunny day. It seems more of a food pub, than a drinkers pub, but there's a cosy and clean bar area for those that just fancy a drink. Can't understand why it wasn't busier, but overall, it's a good place, I'll be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just popped in for a few drinks were made to feel very welcome!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We recently stayed for just 1 night as part of a family wedding party.
The hotel was small but lovely and clean, comfortable and inviting.Tea and coffee facilities in the room and just enough space to hang clothes.
We had a double bed which was really comfy. The rest of the family had the twin next door which actually had a king sized bed and a single and was a much better sized room really
Marilyn could not have been more helpful. Janine worked tirelessly all day and she and Lee provided a superb mostly home cooked buffet as part of the wedding reception.His steak and ale pie was faultless!
Breakfast was as one would expect but good and plenty of it.
With an overwhelming choice along that stretch of the resort, I would certainly recommend the Highlands.Value for money it was unbeatable. Our stay cost us £29.00 per person bed and breakfast.

2  Thank carol b
Reviewed 4 January 2012

simple menu, home cooked style, nice and cheap. three different meals were ordered and all were enjoyed. i had hunters chicken for £6, it was tasty and worth the money.

3  Thank ex-spark
Reviewed 3 October 2011

As an IT consultant, I spend a significant time away from home during the week. When on a customers site, I prefer to stay in smaller establishments rather than faceless chain hotels, but still expect to be comfortable and to be well looked after.
The Highlands in Blackpool has met all my expectations, The rooms are spotless and comfortable. The food is good and well priced, the staff are efficient, warm and welcoming and the overall experience of staying and eating at the Highlands is excellent.

2  Thank Chris B