“Yet another excellent holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cumbrian Hotel

Cumbrian Hotel
Cumbrian Hotel
Ranked #389 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Yet another excellent holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just got back from another super holiday at The Cumbrian Hotel. Have stayed for several holidays over last five or six years and look forward to many more . Hotel is always clean and an excellent breakfast is cooked up and served by John and Shelia. They have a number of regular visitors who like us return year after year.John and Shelia very friendly people who always make us welcome

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dudley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We arrived on Sat 2nd of June to be greeted with a warm welcome from Sheila and John. We stayed two nights and the hotel is perfect location for a stay in Blackpool, it's litereally 5 mins to coral island...the Blackpool tower and the golden mile. Its like 3 mins in taxi to north shore and funny girls/gay bars, say 10 min 15 walk on foot.

The rooms were really clean, with modern LCD tv's In the rooms, loads of tea, coffee milk and sugar ( after breakfast on the first day Sheila offered us more milk tea and coffee..which was great,)

Breakfast was fantastic, loads of help our self cereals orange juice, shelia and john servered a full english with toast tea and fresh coffee.

All in all a great stay in Blackpool for jubillee weekend, the only thing that let us down was the weather..

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 a twin room with a view of the tower !
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at The cumbrian hotel this bank holiday just gone (fri-sun) b&b and it was great.

Very very clean and up to date.

My fiancée and me had a double room top floor room 7 and it was perfect, en-suite coffee and tea facilities and flat screen tv.

Next door my 2 friends had a twin right next door which was perfect again with the same facilities, all of us had breakfast, which was cooked to perfection, with cereal and toast, tea, coffee and juice too, fully hospitable and the best start to the day in a long time !

Plus my fiancée was getting up early for golf (in the rain ! Haha) and was kindly offered a early start for the breakfast.

Great company when arriving back to b&b and had a night cap too.

Will definatly be back again, if looking for a stay in Blackpool I definatly recommend this place, just in the right spot, next street from coral island, yet still quiet on a night, for a comfy niht sleep.

Room Tip: All rooms are great wouldn't mind any, very very clean (which is rare in Blackpool) again I'...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Just back from the Cumbrian Hotel..my lovely wife Liz and I went for the Glasgow Sept Weekend Fri-Mon...lovely room,fresh Decor/cleaned daily.wanted anything you just had to ask and you got...very nice Landlady Sheila and Big John,we cant thank you guys enough for helping our weekend go very nicely....Remember me...The PIZZA bloke..LOL.and the assistance you gave me where to get my tyre fixed....Breakfast was excellent.sorry about the saturday breakfast(had one too many the friday ngt)..listen folks..this hotel is a must to visit,right in the heart of the town centre....once again a BIG thank you to our lovely host...
Regards Ronnie & Liz

Room Tip: rooms at the back are much quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RONNIE S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I am writing this review on behalf of my sister and my son who went there last saturday till sunday.my sister booked this b&b prior to staying. room was very clean, overall hotel very good no problems there. the problem was the nasty landlady. there was also a landlord but he was very nice. she was rude and vile person. when she asked my son on the saturday night what he would like for his evening meal, my son is a pickie eater she told him what he could have and when he said he does not eat that she told him not to bother in coming again. my son is 10 years of age so that upset him. she told guests to move there chairs in at the table at dinner and breakfast with a attitude. she did not speak to my sister and son over the weekend totally ignored them. my sister as been traveling to blackpool for over 30 years, and travels up there aleast 10 times a year she has been to a lot of hotels in that time and never came across a nasty piece of work. she needs to take a course on manners and customer care.

Room Tip: rooms very clean
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family