“Great Cocktails”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great cocktails and friendly helpful staff. One of the best places to go in Blackpool for a great night out. The only downside is the drinks are a little pricey...

There are newer reviews for Revolution Blackpool

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Went in on a weds at 6:45 pm...waited 10 mins to get served..gave up!!!
Went elsewhere. If my money aint good enuff will go elsewhere

4  Thank josielaw
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Didnt eat here but spent 2 nights out and an afternoon here. Great atmosphere although drinks were a little pricey. Had a cocktail masterclass with Danny. Brilliant fun and Danny did a great job of teaching us!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Its my local Revs. I like eating there and drinking there but NOT on the weekends. Extortionate prices even for locals i feel. The food is great..50% off on Monday. 2 for 1 on pizza and pasta Tuesdays although they don't advertise it anywhere inside. But they do do it! I like both bars they have. Rum and vodka bar and everything inbewteen. The seating is ample and comfy.

My one constant irritation about this place is that its never ever full of staff. Which is bad. Bank holiday May Day i watched them run about struggling and looking really flustered and it was only 7-8pm and just getting busier. I stayed till 11pm and saw 2 more staff join and it still wasn't enough.The crowd was 5-6deep by then and I genuinely felt for them. Not many managers about i noticed either.. Perhaps they could have mucked in a bit.

The main vodka bar is about 30ft long and they had 3 people on it. You need at least 8! Long waits and even longer arguments when your served AFTER someone else when you've clearly been there a while. Many a time I've been ignored just to keep the peace when an aggressive bloke wants serving first. That's bad service. They need training in customer service and how to really deal with big crowds and control. They're intimidated quite easily even though there seems to be good door staff about. Use them guys!

Another thing is that they've hired many new staff and they don't seem to know their trade. I went to the rum bar and asked for a mojito with Bacardi 8. I got a blank stare..then she told me to just go to the other bar as i might like vodka instead. I said "no..your open aren't you? I want a mojito with bacardi 8 please.." She looked terrified and annoyed. I watched her stumble about trying to find the recipe then leave the bar to ask what Bacardi 8 was. I understand new staff may not know cocktails but to say no to a customer and tell me to leave and try the vodka bar because their scared to attempt the cocktail is the exact OPPOSITE of what their job is lol. A barmen i recognised as a regular employee came to her rescue and made it for her. I commented "new staff?" I got rolled eyed lol. Obviously tired of rescuing them. She then went and told a hen do to leave the bar and go to the vodka bar and try there! I'm flabbergasted. That's so bad!

Revolution....your new staff NEED training. and customer service skills. If I'm told to leave the bar again im seeking out a manager. Constructive feedback and my honest view im afraid. I'd go in a lot more if i knew the staff knew their craft.

2  Thank vickystyle
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Here on a Sunday (bank holiday weekend) at 6pm, 2/3 of the place is empty - ordered food butter the waitress came back 10 mins later to say that there would be a 1 hour wait for food. Absolutely appalling!

3  Thank zmdxb