“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of By the Beach Hotel

By the Beach Hotel
Ranked #68 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Fife
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at by the beach hotel and quite frankly you get what you pay for. For £15 per night I expected somewhere to shower and sleep which is what I got. I found the staff friendly enough, the room was pretty small and basic but was fine for two nights. I read several reviews about the cleanliness of the hotel so wasn't sure what to expect but I have been in far worse places. The room was fine. The only thing I couldn't bare was the heat in the room but hey, they cant control the weather.To sum it up I got what I expected for the money I had paid and have no real issues.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in July for one night( visiting casino) and it would have been possible for all our party to stay in one family room but in an effort to make as much money as possible over providing great service(prompting a return!) they charged us for two rooms.£155 for 2 rooms,6 hours of occupation! Won't return and won't recommend.......ever!

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Penicuik, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband & I decided to have a couple of day in Blackpool after we got married and after checking out the hotels website we thought it looked good for the money .
When we were on our way we had a phonecall from the hotel asking what time we would be arriving , I explained we were coming from Edinburgh and would be a couple of hours , he told me thats fine your room will be ready .
When we arrived we were very dissapointed nowhere online when we booked it did it say we would have to leave our car keys at the front desk , to which my husband refused to do as nobody as said anything about this earlier . We were then told the kitchen was undergoing repairs so there was no breakfast but they were still charging us for bed & breakfast !!!!!!!

The room was tiny for a double & there was no fire escape , the kettle was plugged in at the door so if there was a fire there we were trapped in the room there was no way we could have squeezed through the tiny window .
The tv/dvd player didn't work properly and we ran out of toilet paper which was not replaced even though we had asked the man at the desk .

I realise that you dont get 5 star service for a cheap hotel but this was the worse service i've ever had in a hotel and would not be visiting here again nor recommending it to any friends or family

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsmoff83
Bythebeach112, Owner at By the Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
We ring our guests to confirm if they are coming or if they running late then we can wait behind for them as the receptions closes at 11pm.

The ONLY guests we ask for their car keys if their car is blocking another guest, so if are not in the hotel or the person parked in front of you wants to check out early in the morning then we can move your car for you instead of disturbing you. You are lucky you had somewhere to park most of the hotels don't even provide parking and if they do then they charge more than £10 per day. Just imagine you had emergency back at home and had to rush home but your car was blocked by another guest and we couldn't move that car so how would you feel.

On our website and all the other booking providers it states clearly that breakfast is not included and is optional that's why our room prices are low. And secondly breakfast is available everyday from 9am to 10am which you have to book at the time of check-in.

We have two types of double rooms, One is small double which clearly states "Small Double" and one is "Standard Double", So if you book small double how can you expect Hilton Hotel Double Room which they charge £170 for.

There is not a single hotel which is allowed to trade without an fire escape and we have signs everywhere in the hotel showing where the fire exit is. AND OUR KETTLES ARE FITTED ON SHELVES NOT ON THE DOORS, LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD BIT TOO MUCH TO DRINK.

All our DVD/TV's are tested every week to see if they working properly so you probably just didn't know how to use it.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Overall had a nice stay at by the beach hotel. Ok good points first... The young guy at reception is lovely very friendly and polite checked my partner and myself in without any problems. We decided against the breakfast as we where going to the pleasure beach first thing and didn't fancy getting rattled about with a full stomach. Great location for the rides, bars and shops. Bad point's.... room was very small and the bathroom was tiny with a broken shower head. The noise from other guests was pretty bad. Slamming doors, young guys drunken chat in the corridor at 2-3am! the walls are so thin you can hear everything so best not stay here if you love your sleep. I just think paying 140 for 2 nights is rather steep for this hotel I would stay again but wouldn't pay that again.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Loved the stay staff where very helpful and made the stay a delight even upgrading us free to a sea view room.
Bar was nice to have a drink before bed and a games room too.
Room was big enough modern and clean and tidy as well as bathroom.
Only down sound during my stay and the reason I don't score 5 stars is the noise from others on both nights I could hear them outside the hotel talking for long periods of time opening closing car doors and then up down stairs would not have minded much but this was 1am-2am. The hotel as a whole is really nice look forward to staying again in future

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
scotland(edinburgh)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

2 couples,been going to Blackpool for as long as I can remember,b&b had nice decor,probably one of the most modern I have stayed in so far,cheaply done but not bad on the eye.
Rooms are tiny but have everything you need,friends room was slightly bigger and there shower room was newly done where as ours was in need of some tlc,shower was powerful enough to sort out the hangover!
Was not told breakfast was not included but was told we could book at an extra charge..£3.95 per person,we didn't bother but on our last morning we wanted to book a table for 4 at 9.30 to be told the kitchen was closed! The restaurant is closed until the busy season as well.bar area nice enough but found it strange they had patio glass tables? And ran out of white wine :(
Lot of young folk staying there and got a wee tad noisy late on,no where near the train station as advertised as walking distance.. taxi ride at a cost of £10,right next to pleasure beach so good if you have kids.would we stay again.. Yea probably

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Me and my boyfriend came here in the start of february for the weekend friday till monday, and when we arrived the man at the reception was polite and give us our keys and made our way up to our room. When we got in the room it was a bit small, but at the end there was only me and him in there so i didn't complain. The bathroom wasn't the most modern one i'd ever seen but it had a toilet, shower and sink so it did the job. The bed was really comfy and it had white and black bedding on with nice carpets and we also had a kettle in our room with tea, coffee, milk and sugar. We was in town both nights and the man who was on reception was still up at 5am too let us in which i thought was nice having all round the clock staff on. Overall, I would recommend this hotel as it was lovely and clean, I never write reviews because some people are just picky on what they get, it has a bed, TV, shower and a toilet so why is everybody making it out too be a bad place? Its $35 a night what do you expect the hilton? No, but if i ever do go back too blackpool this will be the place for me. Small, cosy what more could you ask for?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple