“Excellent Value for Money!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here overnight for a family wedding. A great location for the Blackpool, over-looking the promenade, walking distance to town attractions. Received a warm, friendly welcome.The room was clean, with comfy beds. Breakfast was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Had everything we needed. Plenty of parking onsite.

1 Thank ab2009352
AshGaur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to post your feedback about your experience at the BEST WESTERN CARLTON HOTEL.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am happy to note that we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your FIVE STAR feedback and your kinds words. Such comments from our valuable guests help us to serve our guest in a better way every time they visit our hotel.

I would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Ash Gaur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Island of Gozo, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was in Blackpool last Summer with a group of about 35 pax. Sorry I did not write before, but the hotel came to my mind as I am preparing for the coming Summer. I shall surely be going to this same hotel, the third time. Very good hotel, not far from the places where one can enjoy the evenings out, but in the same time in a very quite location facing the sea. Important to mention the restaurant where one can enjoy very very good breakfast and dinner. Restaurant staff is helpfull and I cannot forget to mention Mr. Samsay(?) if I am not mistaken, who saw that we are totally satisfied. I recomment it for its location, comfort and service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BajadaS
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to note that, we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your lovely feedback and your kinds words. Such comments from our valuable guests help us to serve our guest in a better way every time they visit our hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went to a soul all nighter at The Winter Gardens and wanted somewhere not too far away but not too close to the hullaballoo that is Blackpool! This place met this criteria perfectly. We also didn't want to stay in one of them pokey old B&B's that for me at least, are the scourge of this place. Having stayed in a few over the years I am now of the mind that I will never stay in one of them again. You know the type, tiny freezing rooms with awful decor and showers that barely work at best. And they will always be overpriced at somewhere in the region of £35 to £40 a head. Well, we paid £55 for this room (we stayed in room 102). The room wasn't huge but to be honest, I don't stay in a hotel in Blackpool to spend time in the room. It's a place to crash out and get showered for the night out, why else would you be in Blackpool! The room was comfy and clean and big enough for what we wanted. It was also warm with a radiator that could clearly knock out many more BTU's than the room required. The linen and 2 lots towels were all fresh and clean. The shower was top drawer being both hot and powerful with a bottle of Dove shower gel in the dispenser, which made my other half smile!!! In the morning the breakfast was spot on with a full choice from yoghurts, fruit, cereals and the good old full English!
The staff in the hotel were also all very pleasant and helpful. The bar prices weren't bad either with a pint of bitter and half a lager shandy coming in under a fiver!!!!
So overall a very good experience. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to others and I will definitely be staying here again if I have reason to be in Blackpool overnight!
PS: For further peace of mind, there are no Stag/Hen party's allowed in the hotel!!! :-0

Room Tip: If all of the rooms are equal to the one we stayed in (102) you'll be fine
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to post your detailed feedback about your experience at the BEST WESTERN CARLTON HOTEL.

Kettering, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

hotel facing sea views,no heating on in the daytime,in feb,no attended bar service,low pressure in bathroom,water took over 1hr to fill the bath,rooms smell of dampness,and musty,wallpaper peeling in room 109,by window,water leaking in Was moved to room 110 damp windowledge,the mdf had all burts open due to dampness water leaking into the frame of window,worst hotel ive stayed in at this money,expected better,and expect a refund,or i will be reporting it to the local tourist board,and health and safety

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

3 Thank djlimos
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule for discussing with me, tripadvisor customer service and writing an email to them to remove this review as you had not posted it for this location. I have called them couple of times and have requested about your concern on the review which is posted on wrong location but looks like both of our efforts have failed.

Anyways, after discussing with you, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us. It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you.

Ash Gaur

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Picked this hotel for the car park really as the 3 Britannia ones have gone appalling! Good safe car park, very clean hotel, room nice and comfortable, temp adjust on radiator good, modern tv system, bathroom fine. All items as you would expect- towels, soaps, coffee etc and breakfast excellent quality. Wifi signal full strength
in all areas. Ticked all boxes. However, if I was with my family then it is probably too quiet/boring to sit in of an evening. (But I wasn't and it was fine!) To sum it up great if you want comfort and quiet, location very good too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to read that we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

West Midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Check in was good,our room was ready early and we were given a sea view as requested.
The room was quite comfortable for what we paid,clean with comfortable beds.
The evening dinner was really good for £15.95 (3 courses),well cooked and served and the buffet breakfast has a good choice of food which was well cooked and presented.
The decor throughout was a bit aged. The price of the drinks was way over the top,especially the wine at over £5 for a glass of cheap plonk,don't mind paying for good quality vino,but it wasn't. The hotel was deserted most of the day as clientele went in search of cheaper drink.
The hotel was quiet at night and we got good nights sleep.The staff were friendly but there was not enough of them,we always had to ring the bell on the bar for service and wait at least 5 minutes for service. On the doorstep is tram,bus and tai rank which is good.

Room Tip: Sea view was a lovely sunny room.
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed the service standard at the hotel as well as the facilties, that hotel offers. I have joted down your comments on the price of the wine for consideration and would be taken up in the next monthly meeting.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Run down hotel in desperate need of modernisation.
Water running down walls from upstairs shower
Mold on the walls.
It's very cheap, but there's a reason for that
Breakfast OK, view out over the sea as the sun came up the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank curphey_john
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the View from the room. I am truly aware that some rooms are in need of modernisation, and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, plans are in place to refurbish the hotel next year.

I do hope that when you are next planning to visit the area, you will consider staying with us again.