“Terrible hotel!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Terrible hotel!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. I read the reviews beforehand and many seemed good; my experience was really awful.

On arriving at the hotel, It seemed clean and the lady on reception was polite.
When we got in to the hotel room, it felt like we were walking in to a cell. It was so small; for the money we had paid, you would not expect a room of this size. I then went in to the toilet and there was a distinct smell of vomit; very off putting. Then tried to have a shower at around 6pm and it didn't work!!! Spoke with reception who sent someone up, they also came to the conclusion is wasn't working and said they would be back in 5 minutes. We waited around 45 minutes for someone to come back and they never did, I had to go down to reception!! The lady on reception was apologetic but it was clear that she didn't really know what to do. They gave us a key to a single room next door so went to have a shower in there; nothing but freezing cold water!!
The heat in the room was unbearable, even with tv radiator turned off. We had the window open when we could but when we wanted a break from the doors banging, we had to close the window. The heat made for two very uncomfortable nights sleep.

Room service; terrible! Rang to order something and half of the menu wasn't available and the gentlemen trying to explain this, spoke very poor English so again, I had to go down to reception so I could speak with someone who could explain.

As mentioned before, the very very small bathroom smelt of vomit, it wasn't until the second day that I realised the bottom of the sink was covered in splattered sick; very unpleasant.

All in all, this hotel is really bad. I've seen photos of other rooms which do not resemble the one we stayed in. it completely ruined our stay; if I could have gone home after the first night, I would! Couldn't even read a book in bed as my bedside lamp didn't work!!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, that was really good! Right outside the tram stop and a short walk to the tower.

To finish, if you expect to be asked how your stay was when checking out, think again!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Natagle89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable stay at this lovely hotel.
The hotel is situated at the quieter north end but within easy access to everything and right on the sea front.
The staff are all friendly and the rooms beautiful. The only fault would be the noisy fan in the bathroom but could not fault anything else. We would recommend eating in the restaurant in the evening as this was a beautiful meal and very reasonably priced.
Overall a brilliant stay and we will definitely be returning. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AshGaur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule to write a review about the BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel. I are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. It is honest feedback from discerning guests such as you that drives our team to provide the guests the best of our services at all times.

We are pleased to learn that your enjoyed our facilities and services and shall surely convey your kind words to the team.

I would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Warmest Regards

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I've been in a few blackpool hotels and most have been a terrible let down, but not the Best Western Carlton. It is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in period. And all because of the staff who work there. Nothing is too much trouble for them and their politeness and the way they run the hotel is a credit too their hotel chain. They keep a turn of the century hotel in a spotless condition and I do mean spotless. The food is ample and good quality at a very good price and the bar bill was reasonable to say the least. Well done to you all. By the way I chose the hotel on other trip adviser reviews and how right they all where. A*

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
AshGaur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to post your feedback about your experience at the BEST WESTERN CARLTON HOTEL.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am happy to note that we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your FIVE STAR feedback and your kinds words. Such comments from our valuable guests help us to serve our guest in a better way every time they visit our hotel.

Regards

blackburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel is located overlooking the Irish Sea and about a 10 min. walk to the shops and other attractions .
We stayed 3 nights b&b £40 per night and £10 seaview a night.
The hotel is spotlessly clean ,breakfast is help your self English or continental as much as you like and a good breakfast it is.
The building is probably over 100 years old so some bits look a bit tired but nothing detrimental month to stay here .
Our room was very pleasant with a 32" TV and a good size ,bathroom has only a shower this gives a decent amount of water. Our bed was to soft for my liking but others may prefer this.
There is no entertainment or other facilities in this hotel ,not while we were here.
We both really enjoyed our stay here and I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to be of service to you. I am delighted to read that we were able to meet up to your expectations and you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel.

Regards