“Nice Wetherspoons”

Cuisines: British, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

keep going back whenever we visit Blackpool, usual Wetherspoons fayre, service is quick, usually go here just for a couple of drinks.

2  Thank coldbeerplease

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our second visit to this pub and on both visits the food was reasonably priced, promptly served and of a good quality. We find that Weatherspoons have found a good formula and try to be consistent with the standards of their pubs. We ate burgers and hot dogs and the portions were large. My children love the fact that you have to go upstairs to the toilets can watch all the floors of diners. Compared to many of the not so appealing places to eat in Blackpool, this pub ticks all the boxes and is in a good location not far from the Winter Gardens.

2  Thank JulesPBucks_England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I visited on Saturday 7th June for lunch and ordered soup of the day, which I was told was broccoli. When it arrived, it was cheese and broccoli, which I couldn't eat as I don't like it. I asked for a refund and was given it without a problem. I ordered a club sandwich and it was really nice, portion size was generous and service was quick considering the pub was full. Would go back again.

2  Thank weeteddybear
Reviewed 8 June 2014

11 of us turned up for breakfast early on a Sunday morning. Initially spoke to a lady ( on the first floor) who I think was the manager. She really looked after us taking our order, serving us the food and on at least 2 occasions checking that everything was OK. Her customer service skills were excellent. The food was great and exceptional value. When we left about 10.30am the pub was very busy on both levels. I would thoroughly recommend this pub for breakfast.

3  Thank AmyHLancs
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a lovely meal here. Great VFM with 2 pints of cider for £4.80 ( at the time of writing ). Food was hot, and not too long a wait either.

1  Thank barry210357
thelaytonrakes, Manager at The Layton Rakes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

thanks very much for taking the time to review the layton rakes so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.