“Fabulous break”

New Valron Hotel
Ranked #177 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Fabulous break”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was my first time in Blackpool visiting two good friends who live in the area. I booked the hotel based on the reviews I saw here and I was not disappointed at all. If you want to stay in a centric but quiet street and at a tasteful hotel, this is THE ONE.

The hotel is very close to everywhere. It is also extremely clean and decorated in a very classy manner. The tv lounge and the bar are fabulous spaces to sit and relax and the owners will do anything they can to make you feel at home.

My bed was amazing and I had the best sleep. I usually find it hard when I travel but the mattress and pillows were very comfortable!

The breakfast was delicious and I found lots of information about places to visit and what to do with my friends when in Blackpool. The owners are very knowledgeable of the area and they gave me really good tips about where to go and places to visit.

The hotel has recently been refurbirshed and they are planning more fantastic changes, especially updating the ensuites in some of the rooms. I had a look at other hotels as I was walking along the promenade and they did look tired and trashy. This has class and it is amazing value for money! I will definitely go back and take some people with me!

Room Tip: My room was number 9 on the top floor, overlooking the main street. Very good size and very well lit...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Enrique B
robertdick62, Owner at New Valron Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
thankyou . hope to see you again . Many thanks for the review.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My parents stayed at the New Valron over the easter weekend and were amazed at the transformation of the place. We all stayed as a family in October last year and the new owners had just taken over that week so the make over had just started. On my parents return visit the hotel has been fitted out with new carpets and windows and the lounge bar and dining room has been refurbished. Refurbishment of the bedroooms had also just commenced but caused no disruption to the holiday. The staff were extremly friendly and helpful and the meals were excellent. I cant wait to join them on their return visit later on in the year.
The Thompson family

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kaye T
Reviewed 17 April 2014

lovely hotel nice rooms food very nice, owners very nice and freindly would recomend it to anyone who would take a little vacation rooms are reasonably priced not dear. would go back there again as was nice

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Jude B
thankyou Jude. A pleasure to have you here . Look forward to you returning next year.
Eastriggs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel has just had a major refurbishment and is well worth a stay, very tasteful (being from Scotland, the carpets are top notch ;-) I've stayed in many hotels and B&Bs in Blackpool, but the New Valron out shines them all...absolutely immaculate! The owners are just superb, could not have been more helpful and welcoming.... all in all a totally brilliant time was had by all, in superb surroundings, in a fantastic location in Blackpool!! I will return to this hotel, many thanks to Robert & David!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank LianeKowski
swinton,south yorkshire
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I reviewed this hotel in March 2013, to which I had found a run down business, neglected by its then owners, being the worst hotel we have ever stayed in during any holidays taken.

After reading new tripadvisor posts about The New Valron Hotel, posts that were giving the hotel a positive feedback, we thought we should at least give the redeveloping hotel another visit to see what the new owners have done in revamping the hotel, & then give a honest opinion.
We travelled on Sunday 9th March 2014 for a 6 day, 5 night half board trip organised by Gee Vee Travel, the same travel company has before in 2013, has part of the holiday the travel company picks you up at home by mini-buses, & ferries you to their coach headquarters at Stairfoot, Barnsley.
On boarding the coach we were glad to see that most of our fellow travellers were there from our last trip to the Valron Hotel.We departed the coach park at 10.20am, having a stop at 11am, then commencing our journey at 11.30am.
We had a travel delay, due to the M61 being closed at junction , so we had a detour & the coach driver went to the M65 for Bury, returning to the M61 & M55, arriving in Blackpool at The New Valron Hotel at 1.05pm, so a nice journey of 2hrs 15mins, we were welcomed by the new owners David & Robert along with Darren, the hotel had tea / coffee waiting for us on arrival, which was a kind gesture.
When we pulled up outside the hotel, we saw a big change in the frontage of the building, where the hotel had a new sign up saying " The New Valron Hotel ", also new double glazed windows, plus 2 new front doors, both doors were used one for clients & one for the luggage to be taken in through.
When we walked through the front entrance door there was a smell of new carpets & new wood, a total freshness to the entrance area, gone was the dowdy bar / television areas, in was a new bar / television room, with good quality carpets & new chairs, new chandaliers were hung from new ceilings, new lamps were on the new walls, with beautiful decorative features in the areas, the reception area was all new & gave a fresh vibe to what was transpiring in the hotel.
The dining area had a new floor & decorated to a high quality, the main feature in the dining area is the large new welsh dresser, which is used to hold crockery & breakfst items, along with a new kitchen being put in place, The dining area a far welcoming place to dine in.
The stairs & landings have been fitted with good quality carpets, with the rooms having new doors, a new shower wet room has been put into place.
Has with the bedrooms all new beds & linen fitted, top quality materials have been bought, from such stores has Marks & Spencers & Dunhelm, the bedrooms also had new flat screened televisions in, along with new double glazed windows.
The owners & their team are carrying on a redevelopment of this former rundown hotel, which the next step is to take out all bathroom fittings, & replace with wet rooms, which when we left was starting next day.
Be it that each client only paid £120 each for this holiday, which included bed/breakfast/evening meal, plus pick up / drop off taxi's, coach & 2 excursions, along with a singer 3 of the 5 nights there, the trip was excellent value for money.
Breakfasts were cereals / orange juice / grapefruit plus a full English breakfast, toast & tea, or a mixture of what you wanted.
The evening meals were all different types of food, starters included home made soups or fruit juice, along with main course & sweet, ranging from a choice of main course, which included Poached Cod or Roast Pork, Homemade Steak-Pie or Plaice in bread crumbs, Battered cod or Chicken, Cottage Pie or Salmon Fishcakes, Poached Haddock or Chicken Mushroom Pie, along with fresh veg, potatoes, wedges, chips.
The soups were homemade along with very good sweets, which were homemade, followed by tea or coffee.
The owners David & Robert along with Darren gave quality time to make sure the guests were catered for, along with a lovely lady called Penny, who actually owns the hotel next door, but came in to help.
On a evening there was bingo & one night a darts tournament, along with the 3 nights the hotel supplied the entertainment, with 3 singers.
The owners made time to talk to everyone, giving information on what is happening with the hotel, giving a insight to their enthuisiasm to make a go of this former rundown hotel.
While we was there I presented the owners with a tripadvisor sticker, because I believe they deserve this accolade for what achievements they have done, & wish them well in continuing to put their mark on this business venture.
We had 2 lovely trips out with John our coach driver, a trip to Chorley & a trip to Southport, calling back at a lovely past-era antiques store.
We will be going back to The New Valron Hotel. !

Room Tip: Try this hotel, well worth the visit !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank yorkieborn
Hello Terry and Sue. What can we say? your first review was spot on when you stayed with the previous owners. We had and still have a lot of work to do in here. We are very glad you appreciate the changes and have come back on more than one occasion . We couldn't ask for better guests. excellent company . Look forward to seeing you both again very soon . Regards Robbie and David.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here in November for a friend's birthday night out. Lovely welcoming atmosphere from owners. Rooms were spacious, all new beds, sheets and pillows. The hotel was undergoing a refurbishment to a more modern image. Great location in central Blackpool, would definitely return in the summer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Karina D
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had stayed at the Valron before and found it hideous. It was cold , run down , grubby and depressing . The woman that run it was arrogant and unhelpful and treated me rather like an imbecile . My breakfast tea was cold and the food luke warm and prepared well in advance . The lady who ran it moaned when i asked for it to be warmed up and was generally nasty and did not care less .
I did however give it another go recently as i had heard it had been taken over by new people . The change is AMAZING . Not only were we greeted and made feel welcome but everything has been upgraded . The dining room is now clean and warm and the food delicious . We had a lovely evening meal and the breakfast was top notch . The bar has been transformed and is clean and welcoming and stayed open late . There was also great cabaret and lovely new screens in the lounge showing all our favourite television programmes . All the seating had been replaced and was comfortable and fresh and very homely . It is a real home from home . Tea and coffee was provided in the bedrooms which had a new bed and linen and matching towels . On my previous stay they had been threadbare , mismatched and shabby . The changes have transformed the place . The new owners could not do enough for me and my husband and were very friendly . They took time to make us feel at home and explained that there are lots more changes coming making the place even nicer . I had such a lovely time i have booked again and am bringing my children . Thanks for a lovely stay in a friendly , clean and welcoming Hotel with delicious home cooked food and great entertaiment .

Room Tip: My room was room 22 . It was lovely , twin beds , front view and spotless with its own shower .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple